Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I think regular season is scheduled fine. But all of the sudden in the playoffs they switch to Sundays. Friday nights are great, but playoffs a saturday afternoon double header would be perfect.
    I'd love to see the Argos lobby for tailgating. Like true tailgating, not the corporate version.
    Friends that go to Hamilton games enjoy it. BMO should easily be able to have it on the CNE lots. Right now fans could smoke weed out there, but they cant grill some food and have a beer.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    I think regular season is scheduled fine. But all of the sudden in the playoffs they switch to Sundays. Friday nights are great, but playoffs a saturday afternoon double header would be perfect.
    I'd love to see the Argos lobby for tailgating. Like true tailgating, not the corporate version.
    Friends that go to Hamilton games enjoy it. BMO should easily be able to have it on the CNE lots. Right now fans could smoke weed out there, but they cant grill some food and have a beer.
    There was at least 1000 to 1500 fans tailgating yesterday in the south lot between BMO and Lakeshore. I was one of them and all the buddies I brought loved it. This needs to be grown. There was bbqs, byob beer, music and all the usual stuff you see in Hamilton or Buffalo. Tailgating is is legal now if a permit is obtained, or of course if logic prevails and authorities don't interfere with people having fun and not causing problems.

The league also tried the Saturday playoffs in 2008 (CIS moved to Sunday) but it was quickly changed back. Not sure if it was the NHL or what but they weren't keen to keep it. I don't think the day of the week is what keeps people away in Toronto. They just need to find a way to create a buzz and get 18-22k per game.