Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree this is possible, especially since Jones and co. seem to be signalling they are in the hunt for a QB. However, I think it's more likely Edm would try to trade Arbuckle than outright release him -- a (somewhat) experienced QB under contract is an asset with value.

I'm pretty sure Dinwiddie would still choose MBT over Arbuckle if given the option of either. But MBT has all the cards at this point as a pending FA. As I've said before, I'm concerned he might have soured on this org after they mucked up his prep for the EF.

I still think we might see a tag team of MBT and Masoli here this year. They are good buddies, and both guys have shown they can accept and work within a two-QB system. But that's only possible if Masoli gets vaccinated.
    3DN reported that Arbuckle signed a contract that would pay him 340k for 2022 with the old Elks regime. I don't think anyone would listen to trade talks knowing Edmonton likely has no interest to keep him. MBT may decide not ot sign with the Argos prior to testing the market, and if Jones, Jackson and McAdoo like MBT, he may be aware of this opportunity. I agree with you that he may have soured on the organization after the major F up prior to the Eastern final.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I agree this is possible, especially since Jones and co. seem to be signalling they are in the hunt for a QB. However, I think it's more likely Edm would try to trade Arbuckle than outright release him -- a (somewhat) experienced QB under contract is an asset with value.

I'm pretty sure Dinwiddie would still choose MBT over Arbuckle if given the option of either. But MBT has all the cards at this point as a pending FA. As I've said before, I'm concerned he might have soured on this org after they mucked up his prep for the EF.

I still think we might see a tag team of MBT and Masoli here this year. They are good buddies, and both guys have shown they can accept and work within a two-QB system. But that's only possible if Masoli gets vaccinated.
    From what I've heard from ppl I know in the infectious diseases community, there is a reasonable chance that the pandemic could be over by the late spring or early summer. In that case, any ban on the unvaxxed after that time, would be political in nature only and probably get a lot of push back legally and in general by society.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    From what I've heard from ppl I know in the infectious diseases community, there is a reasonable chance that the pandemic could be over by the late spring or early summer. In that case, any ban on the unvaxxed after that time, would be political in nature only and probably get a lot of push back legally and in general by society.

Be real nice if Covid was gone by the summer; I would not bet on that though and i for one have no desire to experience that virus. Maybe most of society - including CFL rules makers - will consider Covid just another common cold type nuisance by then, and the anti-vaxxers will get to say they were right, and the whole idea of vaccine passports or other public health measures will just fade away. And then there could be no concerns or restrictions for CFL teams to worry about, and they can hire whoever.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    There is zero chance Covid will be "over" anytime soon.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I'm concerned that he was passed by a rookie on the depth chart in Calgary and didn't get so much as a garbage time snap. And isn't one of the supposed advantages of U SPORTS QBs that they are already adapted to the CFL game and need less development?

The free agent market isn't exactly overflowing with young QBs, but I think I'd make an offer to Isaac Harker before O'Connor.
    He was passed on the depth chart by a guy whom many fans seem to feel is already good enough that Calgary might be able to let Bo go. He didn't get "garbage-time" snaps because he dressed for just six games, and he was not dressed for the only game Calgary played that had "garbage time" (39-10 win over B.C.). The idea that Harker is more worth taking a flyer on than O'Connor is, IMO, absurd, and just gives fuel to those who argue there's a conspiracy to suppress Canadian QBs.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    He was passed on the depth chart by a guy whom many fans seem to feel is already good enough that Calgary might be able to let Bo go. He didn't get "garbage-time" snaps because he dressed for just six games, and he was not dressed for the only game Calgary played that had "garbage time" (39-10 win over B.C.). The idea that Harker is more worth taking a flyer on than O'Connor is, IMO, absurd, and just gives fuel to those who argue there's a conspiracy to suppress Canadian QBs.

Geez, Paul, please don't play the "what conspiracy" card - it just makes things worse on this annoying file IMO - I've been on these CFL fan fourms for close to 3 decades (would that be right Ravi ? ;o)) and I've never heard one serious poster claim there is a CFL "conspiracy" (secret, clandestine meeting held by neafrious gang of GMs & coaches) to shaft Canadian QBs - so why do some always bring up some sort of conspiracy ? Admitting instead there is a deeply held, ingrained bias against Canadian QBs by CFL decision makers is another matter all together IMO. And that just might affect O'Connor's CFL opportunities going forwards and improve a Harker type's (dozens of them) prospects.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I would like them to select Tre Ford in the draft. He has shown he has an excellent arm and is very mobile. His athletic talent would allow the team to dress him as a 3rd string QB and have him contribute on special teams. Hopefully, he would get an opportunity during the season to actually get some playing time if one of the other QB's go down with an injury.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos have signed former Elks receiver Earnest Edwards.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    The idea that Harker is more worth taking a flyer on than O'Connor is, IMO, absurd, and just gives fuel to those who argue there's a conspiracy to suppress Canadian QBs.
    If there's a less interesting CFL topic than "the conspiracy to suppress Canadian QBs", it doesn't spring to mind.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    There is zero chance Covid will be "over" anytime soon.
    True, but the “pandemic” could be. Primetime brings up a possible future. With the booster shot not stopping transmission and now showing little effectiveness to anyone under 70, (never mind young, healthy athletes) passports then become useless. There might be no need to require vax status, especially 6 months from now. A lot could change either way in the coming months, we really don’t know. It would be crazy to think, all of a sudden, a bunch of good players become available.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    This is the Transactions thread, ArgoZ. Your opinions regarding SARS-CoV-2 management should be posted in Sociable (or kept to yourself).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    This is the Transactions thread, ArgoZ. Your opinions regarding SARS-CoV-2 management should be posted in Sociable (or kept to yourself).
    Please. Nothing I said was controversial. Stop being so sensitive. The discussion is very relative to future transactions when it comes to unvaccinated players. I’m only commenting on how the landscape involving restrictions can change so drastically in a few months.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 01-06-2022 at 01:37 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Please. Nothing I said was controversial. Stop being so sensitive. The discussion is very relative to future transactions when it comes to unvaccinated players. I’m only commenting on how the landscape involving restrictions can change so drastically in a few months.
    Everything you ever say is offensive. I'm offended just by replying to you. Smarten up ArgoZ.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Everything you ever say is offensive. I'm offended just by replying to you. Smarten up ArgoZ.
    I’m frustrated at our current situation. Apologies, I’ll leave it as that. 🍺

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I’m frustrated at our current situation. Apologies, I’ll leave it as that. 🍺
    You know I was kidding, right?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Call me crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nick Arbuckle back here in 2022. McAdoo didn't seem to endorse him as their starter for this coming season, and who knows if it was John Murphy that decided to get rid of him? I expect the new regime in Edmonton to release Arbuckle and it wouldn't shock me to see them take a shot at MBT after working with him this past season.
    Well, so much for that idea. Wrong again.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Murphy may be gone, but Dinwiddie must've been involved somehow in the decision making on the Arbuckle trade so if that's the case why would Ryan have changed his mind several months later?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Murphy may be gone, but Dinwiddie must've been involved somehow in the decision making on the Arbuckle trade so if that's the case why would Ryan have changed his mind several months later?
    Maybe the prospect of not having a viable QB (if MBT were to leave)? I believe Dinwiddie decided he preferred MBT to Arbuckle, and consequently was fine with Murphy trading Arbuckle to clear up cap room for late-season signings (one of which blew up in the team's face). And I think Dinwiddie still wants MBT on this team as either No. 1 or to compete for No. 1 against a viable alternative. But that decision is to a great extent out of the team's hands at this point, barring them throwing a big contract at MBT, which I doubt they will do before Feb. 15. The Argos are essentially where they were a year ago, with no certainty at the QB position heading towards free agency, and no certainty they will end up with who they want after FA. That was one of the reasons I was pushing for them to re-sign MBT last year -- better a bird in the hand than an empty nest when the dust settles. (That and the fact I really liked, and still like, MBT as a QB and a leader.)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We can stop the hypothetical on Bo Levi Mitchell. 3DN is reporting that he has re-structured his contract and will remain in Calgary this year. With Him and Maier both signed, it's pretty much a certainty that O'Connor will be elsewhere this season. I really hope the Argos bring him back along with MBT.

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    All the "good ones" are either re-signing or reworking their contracts to stay put.

Save and except for a potential starting job in Ottawa, MBT has zero leverage with the Argos. Redblacks are likely looking at one of Evans or Masoli.

The Argos predictably have no sure fire target, bringing back I predict MBT, Pipkin and Chad Kelly (nephew of Jim) to camp...

Why this fawning of O'Connor ? Not quite sure given that the proven Hufnagel is willing to let him walk....