Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
I agree this is possible, especially since Jones and co. seem to be signalling they are in the hunt for a QB. However, I think it's more likely Edm would try to trade Arbuckle than outright release him -- a (somewhat) experienced QB under contract is an asset with value.

I'm pretty sure Dinwiddie would still choose MBT over Arbuckle if given the option of either. But MBT has all the cards at this point as a pending FA. As I've said before, I'm concerned he might have soured on this org after they mucked up his prep for the EF.

I still think we might see a tag team of MBT and Masoli here this year. They are good buddies, and both guys have shown they can accept and work within a two-QB system. But that's only possible if Masoli gets vaccinated.
3DN reported that Arbuckle signed a contract that would pay him 340k for 2022 with the old Elks regime. I don't think anyone would listen to trade talks knowing Edmonton likely has no interest to keep him. MBT may decide not ot sign with the Argos prior to testing the market, and if Jones, Jackson and McAdoo like MBT, he may be aware of this opportunity. I agree with you that he may have soured on the organization after the major F up prior to the Eastern final.