Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And no mention of mocking Brock Sunderland, or how $hitty a CFL QB Tom Clements was either ? ; hmmmm
    Sorry, Brock Sunderland failed because of fear of ridicule from the rest of the GOB members
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ambles was board-hands deluxe for the Stumps last season; hard to not notice that if you watched most of their games.
    Acknowledged but with Banks, Daniels, Gittens, Brescacin, Worthy and Rogers on board (among others) the Argos have enough depth that bringing in Ambles isn't a significant problem. He's hardly going to be the focus or #1 receiver or anything like that.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    And no mention of mocking Brock Sunderland, or how $hitty a CFL QB Tom Clements was either ? ; hmmmm
    In truth Sunderland was an abysmal failure in Edmonton, Clements had a good career but I was never a big fan of his unlike Pat Marsden who fawned over him when he played in Ottawa.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm going to give Chad Kelly the benefit of the doubt.

He can't really control the attitude of those who are pumping his tires who are not familiar with the Canadian Football League.
    I only hope he does not have any of that attitude. We have seen countless players underestimate this league. I think he could turn out to be a great player, but it may take some time (possible 3rd string) and it is typical that a player of his stature does not have the patience.

(Post wrote with no apostrophes)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    In truth Sunderland was an abysmal failure in Edmonton, Clements had a good career but I was never a big fan of his unlike Pat Marsden who fawned over him when he played in Ottawa.

If you can't recognize how outstanding a CFL QB talent Tom Clements was (including QBing 2 different teams to GC wins plus some great passing stats), just because he didn't play for your homer team, then, well, whatever.

Sunderland is a classic recycled CFL same old thinker dullard (IMO) - good at hiring mostly American as coaches and running a team the same old way; clueless about Canadian football talent; I heard there is another name for those types ... hmmm

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Acknowledged but with Banks, Daniels, Gittens, Brescacin, Worthy and Rogers on board (among others) the Argos have enough depth that bringing in Ambles isn't a significant problem. He's hardly going to be the focus or #1 receiver or anything like that.
    IF Ambles makes the Argos and plays any reps at receiver, it is a huge failure at recruiting or recognizing receiver talent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If you can't recognize how outstanding a CFL QB talent Tom Clements was (including QBing 2 different teams to GC wins plus some great passing stats), just because he didn't play for your homer team, then, well, whatever.

Sunderland is a classic recycled CFL same old thinker dullard (IMO) - good at hiring mostly American as coaches and running a team the same old way; clueless about Canadian football talent; I heard there is another name for those types ... hmmm
    Sorry if me not being a fan of Clements offends you, ask me if I give a sh*t.
    BTW Holloway was much better than Clements.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Sorry if me not being a fan of Clements offends you, ask me if I give a sh*t.
    BTW Holloway was much better than Clements.
    No worries - cheer for whoever you wish; I like Holloway as a QB too, but he was not the QB talent equal of Clements IMO

Sorry for standing up for and defending Canadian football talent - imagine, here, in it's own country. I realize it gets some people all bent out shape as they mis-interpret it as being anti-American or not accepting CFL good ole ways or something like that. And then they have the gall to spin others' comments into something else to suit their little homer agenda.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    No worries - cheer for whoever you wish; I like Holloway as a QB too, but he was not the QB talent equal of Clements IMO

Sorry for standing up for and defending Canadian football talent - imagine, here, in it's own country. I realize it gets some people all bent out shape as they mis-interpret it as being anti-American or not accepting CFL good ole ways or something like that. And then they have the gall to spin others' comments into something else to suit their little homer agenda.
    No need to apologize to me OV, I do not remember commenting one way or the other about you defending Canadian talent.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Clements was a genuine star. It was almost unbelievable that Ottawa could land the starting quarterbacks from NCAA powerhouses Notre Dame and Tennessee (Clements and Holloway) in the same offseason. I miss those days a lot... but I have high hopes for Chad Kelly to succeed in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I get the concern about Chad Kelly's attitude issues, but he's got high-level physical talent. More than worth a shot, and like every other player, he can be cut if it doesn't work out. I choose to be positive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobin Rote View Post
    Clements was a genuine star. It was almost unbelievable that Ottawa could land the starting quarterbacks from NCAA powerhouses Notre Dame and Tennessee (Clements and Holloway) in the same offseason. I miss those days a lot... but I have high hopes for Chad Kelly to succeed in the CFL.

Love to see Kelly come up here, get his shot, and prove to be another great Argo QB find - another Joe Theissman or Zack Collaros.

Also love to see Hec winning QB Tre Ford get an equal Argo shot; doubt that is going to happen though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Dakota Prukop was released by the Elks today. I don't think he will ever develop into a starting QB, but I wouldn't be against trying to convert him to another position and play ST's. He is a really good athlete, and IMO if he was able to adjust, always nice to have an actual QB as your emergency QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Dakota Prukop was released by the Elks today. I don't think he will ever develop into a starting QB, but I wouldn't be against trying to convert him to another position and play ST's. He is a really good athlete, and IMO if he was able to adjust, always nice to have an actual QB as your emergency QB.
    Interesting idea. It would, however, mean losing a backup INT elsewhere in the lineup. If we have backups who play only specials and never an actual position, it's a workable idea. But if we dress four guys who play situations on O or D (like an extra receiver/RB, extra d-linemen, extra LB who plays in certain situations, etc.), I wouldn't want to lose that flexibility.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Interesting idea. It would, however, mean losing a backup INT elsewhere in the lineup. If we have backups who play only specials and never an actual position, it's a workable idea. But if we dress four guys who play situations on O or D (like an extra receiver/RB, extra d-linemen, extra LB who plays in certain situations, etc.), I wouldn't want to lose that flexibility.
    Well, Bombers have signed him now, so no longer applicable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Paul makes an excellent point about losing flexibility if an American QB is utilized as special team player or any other position. However, that flexibility would not be a problem if the individual were a Canadian. A player like Tre Ford has the athletic talent to be an asset on special teams and even a backup at receiver. Additionally, if in the unlikely case of both starting QB's going down in a game, Ford could play QB, rather than having another player without experience at the position, having to play QB

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Paul makes an excellent point about losing flexibility if an American QB is utilized as special team player or any other position. However, that flexibility would not be a problem if the individual were a Canadian. A player like Tre Ford has the athletic talent to be an asset on special teams and even a backup at receiver. Additionally, if in the unlikely case of both starting QB's going down in a game, Ford could play QB, rather than having another player without experience at the position, having to play QB
    Agreed.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Argos sign another 'import' (sorry... old habits die hard) receiver.

https://3downnation.com/2022/02/15/t...jamari-hester/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I see Kelly has stated it is his goal to be the starter and the face of the league. Well, modesty is obviously not his strong suit. He also stated his year one goal is to be on the same level as Flutie. Do we have another Manziel here or do we have another Flutie in his prime? Will be interesting to see.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I for one love it. The league needs a cocky son of a gun at QB, especially a market like Toronto. Just hope he can back it up on the field.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.