Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

2022 Schedule

2022 Schedule has been released.

CFL Season Schedule - CFL.ca

O
    ne notable thing about it that stood right away.....the Argonauts are on it

Back to an 18 game schedule. 8 home game again. Week 6 Sat. July 16 vs. Sask. is a neutral site game. Touchdown Atlantic perhaps?

Out of the other 8, 4 of them are on a Saturday. We have a Monday night game?...July 4 vs. Winnipeg....and a rare Sunday evening game July 31 vs. Ottawa. No home games at all in September but I think that's to accommodate 2 CNE games

It's not terrible
    Last edited by Mightygoose; 12-16-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's brutal to lose a home game for the 100th year in a row, but to be expected since we have the worst home attendance in the league. We are fortunate not to have to play at Wpg, and to get two of our three games against Mtl at home. We are unfortunate to get only one game each against B.C. and Edm, and have two of our three games against Ott on the road.

Decent spacing between games, for the most part, and two games during CNE is nice (assuming it is able to resume in 2022, a big if at this point). Four against Hamilton (which I assume is the new normal), and we are done with them by Labour Day.

It sucks to have five weeks between home games (from Aug. 26 to Oct. 8) and it really, really sucks (from a competitive standpoint) to have six of our last eight games on the road, including two trips to Alberta. I assume we are loading our home games into the summer for business reasons, but the team will need to pile up points before Labour Day.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I didn't notice the neutral site game at first since I immediately scanned it for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday home dates (which there are plenty of). As long as it's not put in Fort McMurray or some other place not in the Atlantic, I'll suck it up and accept it for the good of the league.

The 4 Ti-Cats games in 5 weeks is puzzling. Given what transpired, I would this the rivalry would need to be deescalated more than anything. Spacing those dates out could possibly have achieved that. But I'm guessing the scheduling is to produce more of a playoff atmosphere and draw fans (hopefully more Argos fans or more respectful Hamilton ones).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Love continuing the 10 vs East/8 vs West scheduling concept. Love playing the Ticats four times. Don't love playing those games so close together.

With the NHL playoffs going into late June or July, I wonder if the CFL considered another December Grey Cup. On the other hand, the soccer world cup begins November 21, with Canada in a good position to qualify. Could be tons of hype for that. In the end I think the league chose wisely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    I noticed we have for the second year in a row 5 games vs Hamilton, 1 pre and 4 regular season.
    For Ottawa, 1 pre and 3 regular.
    For Montreal, 3 regular.
    The league is getting stale for these same reasons again too many games against the same Eastern teams.
    Why not in the Peg to take off one of those Hamilton games?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I hate losing a home game to a neutral site again but if it is an Atlantic venue and this aids in generating interest in the CFL in the Atlantic provinces, then I can accept it. Hopefully this will assist in the establishment of a 10th team situated in the Maritimes. A coast to coast CFL has long been a dream of many CFL fans and let's hope it will come into existence before too long.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:

Level
    The Sunday game is on the Aug long weekend so hopefully a lot of people are off on the Monday. The Monday game is a drag will be difficult to get people out unless they take day off work. There is a Saturday game in Montreal. Might try to go to that.

Hope we can get at an official Puralator game this year. Would be nice to get that tradition going again.

Looking forward to next year... go ARRRGOS !!!!

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    I didn't notice the neutral site game at first since I immediately scanned it for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday home dates (which there are plenty of). As long as it's not put in Fort McMurray or some other place not in the Atlantic, I'll suck it up and accept it for the good of the league.

The 4 Ti-Cats games in 5 weeks is puzzling. Given what transpired, I would this the rivalry would need to be deescalated more than anything. Spacing those dates out could possibly have achieved that. But I'm guessing the scheduling is to produce more of a playoff atmosphere and draw fans (hopefully more Argos fans or more respectful Hamilton ones).
    Great points!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Looking at the league schedule as a whole, at least most of the Thursday night games are not late starts, and there are only a couple of Saturday tripleheaders. On the other hand, our game in Vancouver is at 10p. At least it's on a Saturday, but that is one game I am almost certain not to watch live. Can't stay up to 1a at my age.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm good with the schedule, although I still would like to see them try some weekend 1:00 or 2:00 starts (like the last home game of the season). I think that is the way to get young families out to the game which will help build your base for the future. I'm not even bothered by the neutral site game, although it is against Saskatchewan, which likely would have been a good home gate as their fans travel well. Calgary would have been my choice to play that game. Also agree 4 Ti-Cats games out a 5 game segment is not too bright. They better pump up security this time around.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    In taking a closer look at the schedule, from a competitive standpoint, I think this is the best schedule the Argos have had in years. Their shortest week is between Labour Day and the following Saturday in Ottawa. They have 3 games with 6 days between games and the rest are 7+. IMO, this bodes well for them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It sucks that they keep putting the Argos in Montreal at the end of the season. I have been going to their games there for years and am getting sick of having to go when the weather is cold. I remember long ago, going to Montreal in summer for games and being able to enjoy Montreal. It is usually cold and wet when I have to go at the end of the season.

Also, the four games with Hamilton in five weeks is asinine. Does not make the league look very good in my opinion for a casual fan who will look to see who the Argos are playing and then say, "What ?? Hamilton AGAIN ??" What happened to the three times meeting division foes, alternating two games at home every other year??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    It sucks that they keep putting the Argos in Montreal at the end of the season. I have been going to their games there for years and am getting sick of having to go when the weather is cold. I remember long ago, going to Montreal in summer for games and being able to enjoy Montreal. It is usually cold and wet when I have to go at the end of the season.

Also, the four games with Hamilton in five weeks is asinine. Does not make the league look very good in my opinion for a casual fan who will look to see who the Argos are playing and then say, "What ?? Hamilton AGAIN ??" What happened to the three times meeting division foes, alternating two games at home every other year??
    I bet the Argos have insisted on having two home games against Ham every season, and the only fair way to do that is to let both teams have two home games.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I noticed we have for the second year in a row 5 games vs Hamilton, 1 pre and 4 regular season.
    For Ottawa, 1 pre and 3 regular.
    For Montreal, 3 regular.
    The league is getting stale for these same reasons again too many games against the same Eastern teams.
    Why not in the Peg to take off one of those Hamilton games?
    This is one of the many reasons the league struggles. It has become very stale.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    This is one of the many reasons the league struggles. It has become very stale.
    The fact there are only nine teams is very limiting for fan enjoyment. It's one of the reasons I was in favour of discussions with the XFL about some sort of partnership/alliance/merger. We could have had another nine or so potential opponents, and would not have to play more than half of our schedule against just three teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    What we need is that elusive Atlantic team. Should be a clearly stated goal for the league by the end of the decade.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    What we need is that elusive Atlantic team. Should be a clearly stated goal for the league by the end of the decade.
    Which is why I have no problem with the Argos playing a home game out east every year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The league has to bring in new teams, every league in North America has.
    Even the lowly NLL has more teams etc.
    I agree let's get back to the table with The Rock and his XFL league and make some sort of an arrangement to co exist.
    Bring in his expansion cash for the teams coming and which can help us get the Atlantic team back.
    Which reminds me it has been eerily quiet in Halifax since the covid crises.
    I wonder other than one of the so called owners leaving for the Senators, is the rest of the ownership group still engaged or a case of the shorts?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The league has to bring in new teams, every league in North America has.
    Even the lowly NLL has more teams etc.
    I agree let's get back to the table with The Rock and his XFL league and make some sort of an arrangement to co exist.
    Bring in his expansion cash for the teams coming and which can help us get the Atlantic team back.
    Which reminds me it has been eerily quiet in Halifax since the covid crises.
    I wonder other than one of the so called owners leaving for the Senators, is the rest of the ownership group still engaged or a case of the shorts?
    Nothing about a merger with the XFL makes sense. They will play from February to June. They have a single ownership group that owns every team. They likely don’t have stadiums to fit a CFL sized field. So unless you just want a watered down American football league which likely won’t survive (if history has taught us anything) then please stop talking about this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Nothing about a merger with the XFL makes sense. They will play from February to June. They have a single ownership group that owns every team. They likely don’t have stadiums to fit a CFL sized field. So unless you just want a watered down American football league which likely won’t survive (if history has taught us anything) then please stop talking about this.
    There's nothing requiring the XFL to play from Feb to June. IMO it and the CFL could easily play an interlocking April-to-September schedule. Some issues with that, of course, but there are issues with the current schedule as well. The differing ownerships complicates things, obviously, but IMO it's not insurmountable. Field size is not a deal-breaker, IMO.

I fully realize that I'm swimming against the tide here. The XFL possibility is most likely dead although I don't think it's completely out of the question. I still think it could have been done in a way that would have preserved the best traditions of Cdn football (including a Grey Cup champion north of the border), while opening up a wealth of new possibilities both off and on the field.