Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Well, Looks like the hammer has come down.
    Chris Edwards suspended for 6 games, MBT fined.
    Personally, I hope he appeals. I also think it's BS that Purifoy for the Riders can get into a fight in a restaurant, spend the night in jail, and not get any discipline, which a player that has objects thrown at him gets suspended over his altercation. Is my opinion biased? Possibly, but I think Ambrosie gets yet another giant fail on his resume.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-argonauts...ards-1.1738088
    I think he should appeal. I haven't seen every single angle, but my thought was that after the fan shoved him that he was trying to rip the flag out of his grasp rather than punch the guy.

Nonetheless, not defending his actions outright or his flipping off Hamilton fans pre-games, which likely played into his post-game behaviour looking even worse. He deserves some form of punishment, but as Paul stated I'd think he'd strongly seek employment in another league if he has to surrender 1/3 of his pay. I was thinking 3 games would have been fair, but the 6 seems like Randy trying to deter this from reoccurring.

That said, has Hamilton's caretaker released a statement to fans on their behaviour? No matter the profession of those involved in the fisticuffs, it takes two to tango. If the situation was reversed, I know MLSE would have spoken up. I'd expect that given the code of conduct messages they play over the PA/video board at BMO. Never been to Tim Horton's Field, but I'd like to think they have this sort of thing as well.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I think with the length of the players contracts being down to a year, then punishments are going to be harder to dole out. Also with competing leagues coming around the corner, players will simply eschew the CFL if punished heavily here.

This seems like a punishment that is meant for optics for the league itself.