Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
I fully agree that we should never stop looking for ways to improve the team at every position. At the start of the season I was advocating a Mann-for-Watt roster change, at least as an opportunity to evaluate Mann. Part of the problem with that (as Paul has pointed out) is that wide-side WR is a lonely spot. Appropriately so, I think. I'd still like to see Mann (and eventually Rambo) activated for a look, but it would have to be as a part-timer at a more productive position. And wouldn't you know, Chandler Williams has looked excellent in spot duty at SB. We have more good receivers than we can use, but the starters have done a pretty good job in their roles. The most vulnerable is Barnes, IMHO; he hasn't been *bad*, but he needs to pick it up. He has been a bit unlucky, but half Owens' yardage? Vulnerable.
Chandler Williams really caught my eye with his catch and run last game. He looks like a good one to me. Don't know why they are taking so long breaking him into the lineup, maybe he wasn't in game shape yet. I believe they brought him in late in training camp. Barnes has been a bit of a disappointment to me as well and needs to step it up IMO with guys like Rambo, Mann and now Williams waiting in the wings.