Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Why not ? ;o)

The good old "what conspiracy ?" schtick is a classic trump card to be played on this subject. Love it.
    I don't get it, can you explain what that has to do with the post?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I don't know how tonight's game is going to turn out for Tre Ford, but at the beginning of the game the announcers mentioned Ford went 8/9 (but didn't mention the yardage) and ran for 30 yards. I tried to look up the stats on CFL.ca but they are missing for the preseason games, another example of a league mess-up that continued into the early season with stats. Some posters here kept noting that Jones had said Ford was on the PR because he had a terrible preseason. For me 8/9 doesn't sound horrid, although we don't have the full stats picture. However, Jones coaching overall has been horrid this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ford 12/16 for 189 yards and a TD and the interception and 5 carries for 50 yards. The interception was much more on the WR Moore who didn't come back to the ball and also allowed the ball come into chest causing it bounced over to Holm. The offence also seemed to be sparked by Ford's energy level to play better than have in a long time. However too many dumb penalties and a fumble by Brown on the next play immediately after Ford throws a 53 yard bomb were too costly to a team that does not have the luxury of making a lot of mistakes. Heh! but 12/16 isn't as good as 8/9 in completions and 30 yards rushing in a preseason game that Jones says was a terrible preseason. Bench the bum. The games announcers said that Ford complained during practice this week about a couple of the plays in the playbook that he felt weren't suited for him. Jarius Jackson said if you don't like them we'll take them out. The missing plays didn't seem to be the difference in the games and a young QB who questions Jones game approach is I suspect what was Jones view of Ford's 'terrible' preseason as Jones also said Ford came into camp with a bad attitude. Sometimes even a young inexperienced QB might know what won't work for his skill set. On the other hand, why would anyone ever question anything Jones does?
    Last edited by jerrym; 08-11-2023 at 12:35 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I don't know how tonight's game is going to turn out for Tre Ford, but at the beginning of the game the announcers mentioned Ford went 8/9 (but didn't mention the yardage) and ran for 30 yards. I tried to look up the stats on CFL.ca but they are missing for the preseason games, another example of a league mess-up that continued into the early season with stats. Some posters here kept noting that Jones had said Ford was on the PR because he had a terrible preseason. For me 8/9 doesn't sound horrid, although we don't have the full stats picture. However, Jones coaching overall has been horrid this year.
    I am only going by memory but I am believe it was for 48 yards in the preseason - 6 yards per completion which is quite a low number.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    I don't get it, can you explain what that has to do with the post?
    No; likely not.