Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
Here's another example of the Argos relevance in their market. I stream TSN 690 Montreal every morning. (long time Habs fan) Today there are a number of people talking CFL and the Als ahead of the first game. There's high interest and excitement.
In Toronto the Argos get next to no coverage. This is where MLSE has enough clout to push for more coverage etc. Although Bell/TSN don't push Argo coverage, so maybe it's hopeless.
Bell/CTV despite the contract for the CFL, purposely took off the potential Grey Cup game which years ago was on the main networks(CBC and CTV) and brought them down a peg to strictly the cable TSN spot.
Although exclusive yes, the reality for at least not having playoffs or the Championship game is therefore below the "majors".
I am not wrong, as all of the so called 'majors" to include golf and MLS is played on the CTV feed.
Don't get me going about the NFL where the board was purposely cleared on Sundays by removing our league which was doing well a few years back going head to head.
Bell/CTV could change that in a nano second if their advertising arm were also on board.
So perception is reality in this market only.