Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Well at least there is a lot of CFL experience to surround some new guys on defence: Preister (pretty small OLB - might as well call it extra DB to be more descriptive than S-OLB for most CFL defences - bounced around a few CFL rosters); & McFadden (very nice US college ball resume as top DB there, but no CFL experience); or Hendrix at DT (I hope Acheampong is scheduled for some reps as well; along with Robbie Smith at DE)
    Acheampong and Smith will play -- all the D-linemen (even Marion) will, I bet. That's standard practice these days.

Priester (very impressive in the Guelph game) is just holding down the SAM spot until Edwards returns. McFadden was also very impressive there, and I think he will be an excellent addition at CB.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Even with the injuries, I’m looking so forward to being back at BMO tomorrow. Looking for big games from Gittens and Daniels at receiver. Looks like Daniels is slotting into Rogers spot while Banks plays WR.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It wouldn't be the Toronto Argonauts without significant injuries of some kind would it?
    On a positive note I am happy to see Shaq Richardson is healthy and starting at HB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    As I said in earlier thread, Ambles played well in preseason. He is also, by far, the most experienced available receiver. The only receiver on the PR is Coxie, who has never played a regular-season down in the CFL. I'm happy to see what he can bring to the lineup, and expecting he will play well.

Nield was with this team & offence all last season; but hasn't proven he can drop passes galore in the CFL like Ambles has.

The starting depth chart line-up looks like they are going with standard 7 only need apply CFL thinking - not surprising at all though IMO; we'll see if Robbie Smith or Acheampong play significant reps on the D-Line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I’ll take a guy that drops a pass or 2 a game that can usually get open over a sure handed receiver that can’t get open.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Nield was with this team & offence all last season; but hasn't proven he can drop passes galore in the CFL like Ambles has.

The starting depth chart line-up looks like they are going with standard 7 only need apply CFL thinking - not surprising at all though IMO; we'll see if Robbie Smith or Acheampong play significant reps on the D-Line.
    Right on schedule, the "Cdns always get screwed by GOBs" narrative is under way.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I’ll take a guy that drops a pass or 2 a game that can usually get open over a sure handed receiver that can’t get open.
    Maybe; depends what you mean by "can't get open" - as in he is easily covered like a blanket by any DB in the league as opposed to putting up good receiving #s at the level before ?

Not so CFL highly rated before U Sports receivers like Schaffer-Baker or Sindani sure look like they can get open when they get some CFL opportunity.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Right on schedule, the "Cdns always get screwed by GOBs" narrative is under way.

Try talking specifics please. Did you not see Ambles play for the Stamps last season, or do you watch mostly just Argos games for CFL action? Do you think Hendrix rates the start or more playing time over Acheampong based on last season ? Did any Canadian O-Linemen get to compete at OT in TC ? - Giffen and MacKellar were all-star OTs in college ball, and I believe Richards played some too in US college ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Talking specifics:

Ambles caught every pass thrown to him in preseason and has caught 117 passes in this league, for 1,339 yards, in 29 games over three seasons. Nield has yet to catch a pass in the CFL, and has suited up for nine games to date. So my statement that Ambles is "by far the most experienced available receiver" is specifically accurate.

Hendrix looked good (and at times quite dominant) in the ex game I attended. I think playing time should be based on current performance more than past performance. And again, as I said, I fully expect Acheampong will see plenty of playing time, just as he did last year. I'm hoping for and expecting big things from both of them, and from Ambles. Nield might become a star, but I have much lower expectations for him than I do for those three.

Giffen is on the six-game injured list and missed most of camp. MacKellar looked out of his depth in both exhibition games. I doubt any NATs got to compete for a starting OT position, just as I doubt any INTs got to compete for a starting position at RB or MLB or safety or centre or guard or long snapper.

I have high hopes for all Argos, not just the Canadian members of the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Maybe; depends what you mean by "can't get open" - as in he is easily covered like a blanket by any DB in the league as opposed to putting up good receiving #s at the level before ?

Not so CFL highly rated before U Sports receivers like Schaffer-Baker or Sindani sure look like they can get open when they get some CFL opportunity.
    Sindani drops a lot of balls with not a ton of targets. Amazing how you overlook that. Schaffer-Baker is a very good prospect who deservedly starts and gets a lot of targets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Sindani drops a lot of balls with not a ton of targets. Amazing how you overlook that. Schaffer-Baker is a very good prospect who deservedly starts and gets a lot of targets.
    Interesting - i hadn't really noticed that about Sindani - usually that is a death sentence for playing time for a Canadian receiver; the targets to catches stats for last season are there to see for all CFL receivers though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Talking specifics:

Ambles caught every pass thrown to him in preseason and has caught 117 passes in this league, for 1,339 yards, in 29 games over three seasons. Nield has yet to catch a pass in the CFL, and has suited up for nine games to date. So my statement that Ambles is "by far the most experienced available receiver" is specifically accurate.

Hendrix looked good (and at times quite dominant) in the ex game I attended. I think playing time should be based on current performance more than past performance. And again, as I said, I fully expect Acheampong will see plenty of playing time, just as he did last year. I'm hoping for and expecting big things from both of them, and from Ambles. Nield might become a star, but I have much lower expectations for him than I do for those three.

Giffen is on the six-game injured list and missed most of camp. MacKellar looked out of his depth in both exhibition games. I doubt any NATs got to compete for a starting OT position, just as I doubt any INTs got to compete for a starting position at RB or MLB or safety or centre or guard or long snapper.

I have high hopes for all Argos, not just the Canadian members of the team.
    Me too. Go Arrrgoooooooos !

You're good with 17 starting positions pencilled-in for imports and 7 only for Canadians in the radically Canadian CFL ? Landon Rice was a long-time CFL back-up with little CFL playing time till he earned a starter OT job with the Als last season, and held up quite well I think - he is starting for them again this season; maybe Giffen could make that progression or MacKelllar too; or they could be decent depth pieces at O-Line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Interesting - i hadn't really noticed that about Sindani - usually that is a death sentence for playing time for a Canadian receiver; the targets to catches stats for last season are there to see for all CFL receivers though.
    Targets to catches doesn't account for drops. Merely a completion percentage when targeting a certain receiver. A lot of factors go into that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Targets to catches doesn't account for drops. Merely a completion percentage when targeting a certain receiver. A lot of factors go into that.
    For sure; does not take into account factors like accuracy of the throw or how tight the coverage was; so a potential mis-leading stat. Clear drops are what they are though - I think the NFL keeps a stat on that ?

And as far as a 6th overall draft pick like MacKellar - hopefully he pans out somewhere on the O-Line eventually - wether at OG or maybe OT; the Argos could have drafted Tre Ford instead.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    the Argos could have drafted Tre Ford instead.
    I was hoping the would have.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    In speaking about other factors relating to a receivers performance, a qbs inaccuracy can be a real hindrance. In Ambles defense,Bo Levi had real issues last season with this. Hopefully, MBT will have little issue tomorrow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    In speaking about other factors relating to a receivers performance, a qbs inaccuracy can be a real hindrance. In Ambles defense,Bo Levi had real issues last season with this. Hopefully, MBT will have little issue tomorrow.
    Ambles really sucked in the middle of the season last year, but picked it up strong towards the end. Let's hope we get the Ambles that finished up last season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Tate in at LT. Interesting (but understandable, I think) that we are keeping Allen at RT instead of moving him to LT for this game. We are thin in the defensive backfield, with Peters out. Letting Collins, Ivey and Decoud go looks a bit questionable at this point. Very disappointing that Rogers and Brescacin keep getting dogged by injuries.
    I know that everyone is down on Tate but I do recall the one game he played for Ottawa last year when he played very well in a victory over Edmonton. Hopefully, we can see him play at that level again.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Ambles really sucked in the middle of the season last year, but picked it up strong towards the end. Let's hope we get the Ambles that finished up last season.
    Ambles has impressed me with the Stamps and I look forward to seeing what he can do with the Argos. I liked Josh Huff too, whom the Stamps surprisingly released last year; he played the final regular season game for the Argos but I was surprised not to see any CFL team pick him up for this year.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    According to everybody's favorite pro-Argo publication, Eric Rogers and Juwan Brescacin are both on the 6-game while Jamal Peters and Isiah Cage won't play tomorrow.
    That's alot of all star talent on the 6 game. Without playing a game. Their bodies should be as healthy as they've ever been after the last 3 years. It's concerning. Some of these guys just may not have football bodies. It's not their fault. It's a brutally tough sport they play.
    GO ARGOS!!!