Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Kelly should not be throwing the ball on the sidelines as if he's going in any minute now.
    I loved watching Kelly warm up, it got me dreaming about what these Argos could look like if they had top-level quarterbacking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hoping the confidence in the run game with Harris & Adeboboye (throw in the odd jet sweep or counter to Banks or another receiver as well) continues.

CFL teams with the closest play- call selection towards balance ( % pass plays to run play calls - and taking out QB runs , which can be short yardage sneaks or pass plays that evolve to forced runs) ... have won every game this CFL season so far.

And the trend continues - every game this season so far. CFL OCs - too clueless to take note ?
    Last edited by OV Argo; 06-19-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I loved watching Kelly warm up, it got me dreaming about what these Argos could look like if they had top-level quarterbacking.
    Give him 5 weeks. He'll be starting by then.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Give him 5 weeks. He'll be starting by then.
    If he is, it will mean the Argos are hoping for something that by my quick estimation has happened only twice in the past 50 years: have a first-year quarterback with immediate and sustainable success. The only two I have come up with are Ricky Ray in 2002 and Tom Clements in 1975 (or, I suppose, the twin-QB system of Clements and Condredge Holloway). J.C. Watts took the Rough Riders to the Grey Cup game as a rookie in 1981, but they were a 5-11 team that got to the big game mostly because the East was the dumpster fire of all time. Maybe I have missed someone else, but no one comes to mind immediately. So either it's extremely unlikely to happen, or the coin is bound to finally flip the other way for once. (If this QB switch were to happen, which I'll believe only when I see it.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So either it's extremely unlikely to happen, or the coin is bound to finally flip the other way for once. (If this QB switch were to happen, which I'll believe only when I see it.)
    I think the league is trending towards pulling their starters much earlier than they used to. Alouettes did with Adams, Esks with Arbuckle, and I sure hope the Stamps yank BLM. Although, I do think it is unlikely for Dinwiddie to favour Kelly over MBT, but you know how it is. The backup QB is the always the most popular player. Unless your backup is David Watford.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    If he is, it will mean the Argos are hoping for something that by my quick estimation has happened only twice in the past 50 years: have a first-year quarterback with immediate and sustainable success. The only two I have come up with are Ricky Ray in 2002 and Tom Clements in 1975 (or, I suppose, the twin-QB system of Clements and Condredge Holloway). J.C. Watts took the Rough Riders to the Grey Cup game as a rookie in 1981, but they were a 5-11 team that got to the big game mostly because the East was the dumpster fire of all time. Maybe I have missed someone else, but no one comes to mind immediately. So either it's extremely unlikely to happen, or the coin is bound to finally flip the other way for once. (If this QB switch were to happen, which I'll believe only when I see it.)
    Chuck Ealey.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Chuck Ealey.

Right, good catch. Didn't end up a star, but did get his team to the championship as a true rookie. Unheard of these days (and of course Kelly has some NFL experience).
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I think the league is trending towards pulling their starters much earlier than they used to. Alouettes did with Adams, Esks with Arbuckle, and I sure hope the Stamps yank BLM. Although, I do think it is unlikely for Dinwiddie to favour Kelly over MBT, but you know how it is. The backup QB is the always the most popular player. Unless your backup is David Watford.
    All true, although I think tonight's game now establishes that Dickenson ain't demoting Bo any time soon.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Sean Salisbury
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Dinwiddie wasnt afraid to pull the plug on his No. 1 QB mid-season last year, a pretty ballsy move for a rookie coach.

I get the sense coach is growing frustrated with Mac. In the post game interview he suggested Mac needs to be more consistent with his accuracy, but he also said that Mac wasnt reading the defences properly, wasnt going through his progressions right and was predetermining where his passes were going.

I was a bit surprised he would say that. Clearly he isnt thrilled with his No. 1 guy at the moment. I would not be shocked if Kelly started a game sometime this season. And I wouldnt be surprised if coach asked Kelly to warm up to try and light a fire under that loveable lug Bethel-Thompson.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Sean Salisbury
    Thanks for reminding me of that nightmare 1988 East Final, AV.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Sean Salisbury
    I'd have to go back and check, but I feel like that one was very short-lived, i.e. he caught lightning in a bottle for four or five games, something like that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'd have to go back and check, but I feel like that one was very short-lived, i.e. he caught lightning in a bottle for four or five games, something like that.
    Salisbury was a CFL rookie with the Bombers in 88 (took over the starter later in the season?) , but he came up with a bit of NFL experience; he played one more CFL season 89 - where he had over 4000 passing yards but an under 50% completion rate; before heading back to the NFL. Still though, a rookie QB who won the GC game (like Chuck Ealey).

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Salisbury was a CFL rookie with the Bombers in 88 (took over the starter later in the season?) , but he came up with a bit of NFL experience; he played one more CFL season 89 - where he had over 4000 passing yards but an under 50% completion rate; before heading back to the NFL. Still though, a rookie QB who won the GC game (like Chuck Ealey).
    Don't remind people of that.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of that nightmare 1988 East Final, AV.
    Trust me, it made me sick to relive it too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    He led the Argos to a first place finish last year and not far from a Grey Cup game appearance so I can't wait to see MBT's continued progression as a starting QB.
    I don’t know about you but I’ve seen enough. Is the general consensus that he can still be our QB?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    I don’t know about you but I’ve seen enough. Is the general consensus that he can still be our QB?
    He's a veteran QB who throws some good passes; and also plays poorly often IMO; confidence to go far with him and win a GC ? = i have basically none.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    We are only two games into this season and the Argos are 1-1 so I am not sure what has changed over the past two weeks.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    We are only two games into this season and the Argos are 1-1 so I am not sure what has changed over the past two weeks.
    Getting blown out raises anxiety. You know how it goes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I don’t think anything has changed over the past two weeks. He’s been making the same mistakes for five years.