Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don’t think anything has changed over the past two weeks. He’s been making the same mistakes for five years.
    Yeah, he completely blew his coverage on four deep passes by Rourke, AND he dialled up three hapless into-the-line plunges from the one-yard line. Inexcusable.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don’t think anything has changed over the past two weeks. He’s been making the same mistakes for five years.
    Other than not have the ability to block for himself, or punch it in from the 1 yard line while being on the sidelines, I'd really like to know what mistakes he made on Saturday.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Other than not have the ability to block for himself, or punch it in from the 1 yard line while being on the sidelines, I'd really like to know what mistakes he made on Saturday.
    This team has lots to work on, O-Line hasn’t been great and the defensive secondary was atrocious on Saturday.
    Dinwiddie needs to get his head out of his ass in regards to play calling, let’s see what happens July 4th.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe it's not all on MBT, but it feels like I've been watching the exact same team the last 5 years. The offence is getting boring. He's a 33 year old journeyman given a chance to start, and while he isn't the worst QB, it is evident to me that he isn't "the guy" either.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    This team has lots to work on, O-Line hasn’t been great and the defensive secondary was atrocious on Saturday.
    Dinwiddie needs to get his head out of his ass in regards to play calling, let’s see what happens July 4th.
    I don’t disagree with any of this. Coaching was terrible on Saturday, but it was also the worst O and D line performance I’ve seen from the Argos in many years. They should have run some quick screens to help the o-line out. Tough on any QB when the push up front makes it impossible to step into your throws. Conversely, Rourke could have bent over, tied his shoe and still have time to throw the ball. It was just a forgettable night all around.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Maybe it's not all on MBT, but it feels like I've been watching the exact same team the last 5 years. The offence is getting boring. He's a 33 year old journeyman given a chance to start, and while he isn't the worst QB, it is evident to me that he isn't "the guy" either.
    Nobody said it was all on Mac. Obv the whole team sucked in BC. But HIS OWN COACH said after game 1 that he made too many bad throws and too many wrong reads, and that was as true five years ago as it is today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Mgmt and the head coach have to be held accountable for some very questionable personnel decisions that have contributed to this state of affairs. No offensive tackles better than Tate and Allen were recruited, and the one holdover who might have filled that void (Martez Ivey) was cast aside for a bag of beans (and not surprisingly is now being installed as a starter in Edmonton). An area of great depth, defensive backfield, was turned into an area of weakness when injuries quickly left us wishing we still had the exiled Decoud and Collins. Secondary and o-line have arguably been our worst positions so far, and both groups have lost whatever depth we had heading into camp. And don't get me started on playing Banks and Daniels in positions at which they are not comfortable or able to best utilize their strengths.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Nobody said it was all on Mac. Obv the whole team sucked in BC. But HIS OWN COACH said after game 1 that he made too many bad throws and too many wrong reads, and that was as true five years ago as it is today.
    Has that coach also acknowledged making some terrible play calls, or is pointing the finger at the QB a deflection/self-preservation strategy?

(BTW, I don't recall MBT making any bad throws and wrong reads five years ago. He wasn't even on the game roster at this point five years ago, and threw all of two passes that season.)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    MBT was not great or anything, but 15 of 21 for 178 yards with one late pick doesn't scream 41 point loss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don’t disagree with any of this. Coaching was terrible on Saturday, but it was also the worst O and D line performance I’ve seen from the Argos in many years. They should have run some quick screens to help the o-line out. Tough on any QB when the push up front makes it impossible to step into your throws. Conversely, Rourke could have bent over, tied his shoe and still have time to throw the ball. It was just a forgettable night all around.
    The “deer in the headlights” expressions on Dinwiddie and Mace when shown on the sidelines Saturday wasn’t comforting at all, hate to say it but it reminded me of Chamblin and the gang in 2019.
    Yes it’s only one loss but this looks like a team struggling to find an identity at this time, lots of new players and a totally revamped coaching staff doesn’t help.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Mgmt and the head coach have to be held accountable for some very questionable personnel decisions that have contributed to this state of affairs. No offensive tackles better than Tate and Allen were recruited, and the one holdover who might have filled that void (Martez Ivey) was cast aside for a bag of beans (and not surprisingly is now being installed as a starter in Edmonton). An area of great depth, defensive backfield, was turned into an area of weakness when injuries quickly left us wishing we still had the exiled Decoud and Collins. Secondary and o-line have arguably been our worst positions so far, and both groups have lost whatever depth we had heading into camp. And don't get me started on playing Banks and Daniels in positions at which they are not comfortable or able to best utilize their strengths.
    I fear that Collins' departure might be chalked up to the fact that he was a Jones' guy, but at least Patrick Watkins played out his contract in 2013 before signing with Edmonton. The Argos have had this problem in 2012-2013 and 2017-2018 in that their secondary, which ended the previous years on a high saw a lot of turnover that the Argos weren't able to deal with the next year.

Your point on the OL is well taken. Recruitment at that position has been slow the last few off-seasons.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I fear that Collins' departure might be chalked up to the fact that he was a Jones' guy, but at least Patrick Watkins played out his contract in 2013 before signing with Edmonton. The Argos have had this problem in 2012-2013 and 2017-2018 in that their secondary, which ended the previous years on a high saw a lot of turnover that the Argos weren't able to deal with the next year.

Your point on the OL is well taken. Recruitment at that position has been slow the last few off-seasons.

The GOBs and their dupe disciples who believe American OTs (or any other position) are a dime a dozen to just hand jobs to have been proven CFL wrong time & time again. Good scouting, good coaching with proper talent evaluation thru lots of tough TC competition should solve these problems. Then the talent need to be deployed smartly by sharp coaches with diverse play-books/calling/adjustments.