Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Argos expanding Kelly's role at QB

https://torontosun.com/sports/footba...lys-role-at-qb

Is MBT on the hot seat? What about Simmons? Is this a sign we are in for a rough season?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    https://torontosun.com/sports/footba...lys-role-at-qb

Is MBT on the hot seat? What about Simmons? Is this a sign we are in for a rough season?
    They need to expand his role. It they see him as a future starter, it should start here, and he should be put in when the offence is struggling. Again, MBT was the least of their issues on Saturday, but if they are really high on Kelly, they should get him in for a series or two every now and then. You only improve with experience. Simmons I have a feeling will be given a plane ticket out of town as soon as they sign someone else.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    They need to expand his role. It they see him as a future starter, it should start here, and he should be put in when the offence is struggling. Again, MBT was the least of their issues on Saturday, but if they are really high on Kelly, they should get him in for a series or two every now and then. You only improve with experience. Simmons I have a feeling will be given a plane ticket out of town as soon as they sign someone else.
    Argos are paying him $79,000 this season, I suspect they will need to move him along towards a starting role or he won’t be back next season.
    IMO if the Argos falter again this season they will move on from MBT so they better have some prospects ready to step in.
    I don’t see any future for Simmons.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Soooo why did they release Pipkin again?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    He pretty well sharted the bed in that meaningless game against Edmonton late last year. Even though he was an excellent short yardage QB, with Kelly here he wasn't going to get another meaningful shot at starting reps.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I have been calling for this for all CFL teams for the past several years:

"Dinwiddie is now toying with the idea of sticking with the five-receiver look and running some of the team’s run pass options or zone reads.
    By showing any of the above formations, the Argos will go away from the basic scheme of packing everyone into the box."

I think this is one particular area where OV is correct about groupthink happening in CFL offences. If you just run your regular offence on first and goal from the one yard line, I can't see how you don't score a TD. I have never understood the reasoning of bringing everyone into the box.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I would have kept him over Simmons. Pipkin is the third stringer in B.C. and, from media reports, is actually making $30k more in Vancouver. I haven't been impressed with Simmons since the preseason. I haven't seen anything in him that leads me to believe that he can ever be an effective starter in this league.

I know that Pipkin had his struggles in that Edmonton game last year but he was basically playing with teammates he had never played with before.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Letting Pipkin go was a huge mistake. Even though they see the need to make Kelly the No. 2, Pipkin could still have been insurance and the short-yardage guy. It's just one of several baffling-bordering-on-ridiculous personnel decisions that have been made this year: Worthy, Collins, Decoud and Ivey also should still be here, IMO. It made no sense to let them go in a year when we are trying to win a Grey Cup.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I have been calling for this for all CFL teams for the past several years:

"Dinwiddie is now toying with the idea of sticking with the five-receiver look and running some of the team’s run pass options or zone reads.
    By showing any of the above formations, the Argos will go away from the basic scheme of packing everyone into the box."

I think this is one particular area where OV is correct about groupthink happening in CFL offences. If you just run your regular offence on first and goal from the one yard line, I can't see how you don't score a TD. I have never understood the reasoning of bringing everyone into the box.
    Was Marketh Ambles brought in on that mess of a goal line offence to throw a block? Simmons never had a chance with play calls like that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Letting Pipkin go was a huge mistake. Even though they see the need to make Kelly the No. 2, Pipkin could still have been insurance and the short-yardage guy. It's just one of several baffling-bordering-on-ridiculous personnel decisions that have been made this year: Worthy, Collins, Decoud and Ivey also should still be here, IMO. It made no sense to let them go in a year when we are trying to win a Grey Cup.
    Not surprised by any of this, seen this dog and pony show many times.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Was Marketh Ambles brought in on that mess of a goal line offence to throw a block? Simmons never had a chance with play calls like that.
    That was on first down run with Harris. Simmons wasn’t on the field yet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    No argument here. To me the Worthy and Ivey decisions were the worst. From day 1 of the Banks signing, I knew Worthy would be the casualty. I honestly believe in 2022, Worthy is a better player than Banks. Too often teams jump at names because of their past. I may be wrong about Banks seeing as how IMO he is playing out of position, but I just didn’t like the signing at the time. Ivey is a huge mistake. Anyone that has watched Tate both in Hamilton and here can see he is not very good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/toro...humbling-loss/

The Argos Attempting To Course Correct After Humbling Loss

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    No argument here. To me the Worthy and Ivey decisions were the worst. From day 1 of the Banks signing, I knew Worthy would be the casualty. I honestly believe in 2022, Worthy is a better player than Banks. Too often teams jump at names because of their past. I may be wrong about Banks seeing as how IMO he is playing out of position, but I just didn’t like the signing at the time. Ivey is a huge mistake. Anyone that has watched Tate both in Hamilton and here can see he is not very good.
    Argos O-Line quality and depth has been an issue for a long time, boggles the mind how they could see Tate as a starter.
    Banks best days are long past him, playing him out of position doesn’t help, sometimes I wonder what Dinwiddie is thinking.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argos O-Line quality and depth has been an issue for a long time, boggles the mind how they could see Tate as a starter.
    Banks best days are long past him, playing him out of position doesn’t help, sometimes I wonder what Dinwiddie is thinking.
    Dinwiddie is an ultra inexperienced football HC - and raised on same old, standard look CFL offence only; needs to learn lots - maybe soon, maybe never.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I'm not ready to give up on Banks just yet, but I am deeply concerned about RD. The leash might be getting very short.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm not ready to give up on Banks just yet, but I am deeply concerned about RD. The leash might be getting very short.
    If the team was to move on from RD, who would they promote/bring in?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Pinball loves veteran name players, going back to his days as a head coach. Remember that in 2007, he pushed for the likes of Mookie Mitchell, Troy Davis, Marc Boerigter and Robert Edwards to be brought in. I truly believe that bringing in Banks and Andrew Harris this year was all Pinball. We shall see if those moves pay off but I feel similarly about Banks and Worthy as you do, AV.

Regarding Tate, I do remember him playing one very strong game for Ottawa last year against Edmonton and I believe he played left tackle in that one. I continue to hope that he can duplicate that performance; however, I truly believe that Shane Richards is ready to play the right tackle position and would have no problem with him lining up as a starter there, if necessary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If the team was to move on from RD, who would they promote/bring in?
    I could see Pinball returning as an interim head coach but I really hope that Dinwiddie can continue to develop as a head coach and be an excellent one in that position for this team for years to come.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Dinwiddie is an ultra inexperienced football HC - and raised on same old, standard look CFL offence only; needs to learn lots - maybe soon, maybe never.
    Kind of like your standard same old same old response to every post.