Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    "Marquee" players in the NFL -- the kind who might move the needle in a city that no longer cares about the CFL -- make $40-million-plus. Don't see that happening, and I also don't see any "marquee" players who would be willing to play for, say, $5M moving the needle here.
    On the McCown podcast they say Patrick Mahomes couldn't move the needle in Toronto, I concur. Me being such a big NFL fan I had to look up how to spell his name

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    I recommend listening to the podcast, although they kept slipping and referring to the east being a problem moreso than the west but then admitting Hamilton and Ottawa are doing ok (and Montreal is trending upward - my words) So really Toronto is the issue, they do make some interesting points such as Hamilton being 40 minutes down the road and why they are doing well but Toronto that is so close isn't. They do say MLSE has been doing nothing for the Argos.
    Uncaring, useless, no clue about marketing Canadian football owners, + combined with a fickle, wannabe, lowest common denominator/ bottom line ruled media = the perfect storm the good ship Argo is sailing against now. The 2nd factor (that a lot of people just don't grasp) has been part of the seas of the CFL in it's own country for decades, but the waters there are roughest in Toronnawannabe land and into Southern Ontario.

Very sad, pathetic, disgraceful. Impossible to row against or pick up head-winds? Is true sailing dead (credit Jim Morrison) ? Gutless, cowardly, trendy, American wannabe media types ever going to mutiny or get a new Captain of their ship? MLSE could/should be sunk though.

S. Ontario gets annexed to the USA to the delight of a lot of the population of wannabes, and the Argos are dredged up and moved to the new Canadian border town of Oshawa, the Entertainment Capital of the World (credit Wayne & Shuster) ?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    In the McCown interview, Steve Simmons said a couple of years ago he had 36 people he knew signed up for season tickets in the same section. That number is now down to eight. Simmons said none of them received calls about renewing or why they stopped buying season tickets. So it's either incompetence or willful neglect.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    In the McCown interview, Steve Simmons said a couple of years ago he had 36 people he knew signed up for season tickets in the same section. That number is now down to eight. Simmons said none of them received calls about renewing or why they stopped buying season tickets. So it's either incompetence or willful neglect.

Conspiracy theories on MLSE out to scuttle the Argo ship ? Nah, never happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    "Marquee" players in the NFL -- the kind who might move the needle in a city that no longer cares about the CFL -- make $40-million-plus. Don't see that happening, and I also don't see any "marquee" players who would be willing to play for, say, $5M moving the needle here.
    No it won’t happen, it is a ridiculous thought for several reasons.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Achievements:

Level

Ask and thee shall receive - 21,024

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    CFL, are you thinking FAST? If not, you should be. There is a lot of movement going that way.

DAZN expands into ad-supported space via Samsung TV+ FAST partnership
    Andy Fry digitaltveurope.com December 16 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    CFL, are you thinking FAST? If not, you should be. There is a lot of movement going that way.

DAZN expands into ad-supported space via Samsung TV+ FAST partnership
    Andy Fry digitaltveurope.com December 16 2022
    They are stuck with TSN exclusively for everything regarding the Canadian TV and streaming rights until the end of the 2025 season, I believe. Let's see what they do with the US TV/streaming rights this off-season. Genius is supposed to be helping them with that.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    They are stuck with TSN exclusively for everything regarding the Canadian TV and streaming rights until the end of the 2025 season, I believe. Let's see what they do with the US TV/streaming rights this off-season. Genius is supposed to be helping them with that.
    We need to see what new content initiatives the trusted partner has planned for the 2023 season.The Winter Meetings start tomorrow.It would be nice if the intrepid media(whatever is left of it) will press Randy on this topic.TSN has reduced their financial commitment to MLS.I expect to see those new financial resources allocated to promoting CFL stories/conversations. Enough with the empty excuses that seem to be a hallmark of Ambrosie's tenure.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    TSN has reduced their financial commitment to MLS. I expect to see those new financial resources allocated to promoting CFL stories/conversations.
    I believe Supertramp wrote a song about you, it is called Dreamer.

While I love your sentiment, I wouldn't lose any sleep waiting for it to happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Genius has been part of this league since before last year's Grey Cup, correct? The league keeps talking about all the great things they are bringing to the table, it sure would be nice if we heard some specifics 14 months in.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Genius has been part of this league since before last year's Grey Cup, correct? The league keeps talking about all the great things they are bringing to the table, it sure would be nice if we heard some specifics 14 months in.
    It's a data dump deal.The NFL owns 6 percent of the parent company for Genius.The NFL will use the data(credit card info,names,addresses,buying patterns)to prep for
    the Canadian NFL games that start in 2024.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    I believe Supertramp wrote a song about you, it is called Dreamer.

While I love your sentiment, I wouldn't lose any sleep waiting for it to happen.
    I'm just asking them to give a little bit.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    TSN has reduced their financial commitment to MLS.
    Do you have any proof of that? Not necessarily doubting you but I like to see things like this for myself and have at hand to show TFC trolls. Two things I have found are:

MLS announces new multi-year broadcast agreement with TSN
    MLS broadcast rights awarded to TSN, Fox Sports for next 4 years

From the second article:

MLS deputy commissioner Gary Stevenson noted the media deals, beginning with Apple, were built with a streaming-first mentality. The league has found 83% of its fans watch sports on streaming devices or recorded TV during an average week, up from 52% for all TV viewers.

"The original idea was to create what is primarily a streaming package and also add to that great linear agreements with partners that we know well. We're very happy with what we're going to be able to offer. We think it's going to be a great fan experience," Stevenson said.

Aside from any main broadcast agreement, the CFL still needs to get into the FAST streaming place. MLB/NFL/PGA/PBR are on Pluto TV. MLS formerly was.

MLS on Pluto TV is no more. The free channel featuring MLS games, highlights and interviews has been shut down as the Apple era begins. According to Pluto TV, the MLS Channel is no longer available.

Originally launched in 2019, Major League Soccer heralded MLS on Pluto TV as “the first pro sports league to feature a dedicated channel as part of Pluto TV’s offering of 100+ live, linear, curated channels.”

Pluto TV’s MLS channel was a fan favorite. It offered free streaming access to replays of MLS games, classic MLS matches, as well as interviews and features.

That is what the CFL needs outside of their main agreement. Which begs the question why MLS is no longer able or wanting to do that vs NFL/MLB etc.
    Last edited by bannedforlife; 01-09-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm just asking them to give a little bit.
    Very good, won't hold up in court, but your heart's in the right place. Also your suggestion is one of my long time favourites. : )

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Pluto TV’s MLS channel was a fan favorite. It offered free streaming access to replays of MLS games, classic MLS matches, as well as interviews and features.
    This is what I have been going on about. Each CFL team already produces their own video content that basically is shot out of a shotgun after it has been created. It could go to the team website, the league website, social media, anywhere. A FAST channel would concentrate that in one place where everybody could go and knows where to go, locally and internationally, building brand awareness.

I sound like the dreamer now but this is all possible, it's been done and proven, others are doing it and IMO the league is being left behind in what is a very doable and valuable asset using much of the resources they already have.

Again, so nobody is confused, I mean this an an adjunct to the main agreements, not a replacement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    We need to see what new content initiatives the trusted partner has planned for the 2023 season.The Winter Meetings start tomorrow.It would be nice if the intrepid media(whatever is left of it) will press Randy on this topic.TSN has reduced their financial commitment to MLS.I expect to see those new financial resources allocated to promoting CFL stories/conversations. Enough with the empty excuses that seem to be a hallmark of Ambrosie's tenure.
    I wouldn’t expect any straight answers from Ambrosie on any topic, it’ll be all sunshine and lollipops and whatever BS he is peddling on the given day.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Supposedly, we will see the fruits of Genius' labour starting in 2023.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Supposedly, we will see the fruits of Genius' labour starting in 2023.
    Apples, bananas or peaches?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Apples, bananas or peaches?
    The funny thing about blue raspberries is they don't actually exist...