Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Xfl 3.0

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Argos draft pick OT Sage Doxtator will miss his 3rd straight game with a shoulder injury when the Houston Franchise travels from Arlington in the same plane as the Brahmas, to San Antonio to battle the “home town” Brahmas. Doxtator battled shoulder issues in college as well, which could negatively impact his NFL aspirations.

Well so much for the XFL injury report….Doxtator is starting for Houston protecting the blind side of Brandon “Don’t call me Phil” Silvers.
    Last edited by gilthethrill; 04-09-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Argos draft pick OT Sage Doxtator will miss his 3rd straight game with a shoulder injury when the Houston Franchise travels from Arlington in the same plane as the Brahmas, to San Antonio to battle the “home town” Brahmas. Doxtator battled shoulder issues in college as well, which could negatively impact his NFL aspirations.
    I would be concerned about his CFL aspirations also, with those shoulder issues.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I would be concerned about his CFL aspirations also, with those shoulder issues.
    Does Doxtator have CFL aspirations?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Does Doxtator have CFL aspirations?
    Maybe as a last resort?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Maybe as a last resort?
    So much for the XFL injury report…Doxtator is starting today in San Antonio.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I watched the second half of the Houston/San Antonio game on ABC on Sunday and it may have surpassed the San Antonio/Arlington game from two weeks ago as the worst professional football game I have ever seen. It was filled with more terrible QB and offensive line play and the receivers were nothing to write home about either. Houston pretty much finished off San Antonio's playoff hopes after former Argos 3rd string QB Cole McDonald threw the winning two point play in overtime for a 17-15 Houston victory.

In OT, each team gets three chances to score from the opposition 5 yard line. These two horrible offences went 1 for 6. That pretty much tells the tale of this game.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I watched the second half of the Houston/San Antonio game on ABC on Sunday and it may have surpassed the San Antonio/Arlington game from two weeks ago as the worst professional football game I have ever seen. It was filled with more terrible QB and offensive line play and the receivers were nothing to write home about either. Houston pretty much finished off San Antonio's playoff hopes after former Argos 3rd string QB Cole McDonald threw the winning two point play in overtime for a 17-15 Houston victory.

In OT, each team gets three chances to score from the opposition 5 yard line. These two horrible offences went 1 for 6. That pretty much tells the tale of this game.
    I watched the game pretty much in its entirety. Rock and Garcia can go on Twitter and gush over the excitement of the OT format, but there is nothing to be proud of for the first 60 minutes. The XFL QBs are taking hellacious hits each game mostly because they don’t have the sense to hook slide. Accuracy is lacking and the Olines need work.

Former NFL Pro Bowl RB Phillip Lindsay was signed last week by Seattle and he made his debut last night. He is clearly not in shape to play pro football. Not too often you see a RB with a gut. I criticize not Lindsay, but the XFL for bringing in players and inserting them into the lineup immediately when it is clear they are not ready, totally unsafe. Lindsay being in the lineup so quickly is clearly an attempt by the league to boost the surprisingly anemic attendance in Seattle.

Approximately 66,000 people took in the XFL live this weekend, with 35,000 being at the St Louis game.
    Last edited by gilthethrill; 04-10-2023 at 07:54 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I watched the game pretty much in its entirety. Rock and Garcia can go on Twitter and gush over the excitement of the OT format, but there is nothing to be proud of for the first 60 minutes. The XFL QBs are taking hellacious hits each game mostly because they don’t have the sense to hook slide. Accuracy is lacking and the Olines need work.

Former NFL Pro Bowl RB Phillip Lindsay was signed last week by Seattle and he made his debut last night. He is clearly not in shape to play pro football. Not too often you see a RB with a gut. I criticize not Lindsay, but the XFL for bringing in players and inserting them into the lineup immediately when it is clear they are not ready, totally unsafe. Lindsay being in the lineup so quickly is clearly an attempt by the league to boost the surprisingly anemic attendance in Seattle.

Approximately 66,000 people took in the XFL live this weekend, with 35,000 being at the St Louis game.
    I remember that CFL teams in the 1970s and 1980s would plug and play players in after only being in camp for a few days, but those days are long gone in the CFL. In the XFL, however, you can acquire a QB on a Wednesday and have him playing on Sunday. It's truly remarkable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I remember that CFL teams in the 1970s and 1980s would plug and play players in after only being in camp for a few days, but those days are long gone in the CFL. In the XFL, however, you can acquire a QB on a Wednesday and have him playing on Sunday. It's truly remarkable.
    The QB that the Brahamas rushed into the lineup is out for the season with 3 broken ribs. Not really an endorsement for player safety.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    According to XFL News Hub Toronto Argonauts draft pick, OT Sage Doxtator, who is currently a member of the Houston Rough Necks has been ruled out of this weekends game vs the 2-6 Vegas Vipers. There was no indication of what injury Doxtator is suffering from.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    According to XFL News Hub Toronto Argonauts draft pick, OT Sage Doxtator, who is currently a member of the Houston Rough Necks has been ruled out of this weekends game vs the 2-6 Vegas Vipers. There was no indication of what injury Doxtator is suffering from.
    How well has Doxtator played while in the lineup? Do you think that he will get another NFL shot?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    How well has Doxtator played while in the lineup? Do you think that he will get another NFL shot?
    I think he has played in 4 games to date. For what its worth, when Houston is playing I do make a conscious effort to watch Doxtator…and again for what its worth I thought he has done quite well when in the lineup. I imagine a lot of XFL players will be NFL “Bodies” come TC, but he is still young and should get a real look if healthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    A very bizarre stat from the “Nail Biting” game in San Antonio last night between the Bahamas and Guardians. The leading passer for Orlando was the Punter, who was 1-1 for 69 yards on a very gutsy gamble on 4th down. He aired it out down field for the completion. The combined stats for the 2 Orlando QBs was 12-22 for 67 yards 2 TDs and a Int in the loss.

With the win the Brahma Bulls keep their playoff aspirations alive with the hope of hosting the XFL Championship Game.

Approximately 12,000 attended this live event.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Despite being listed as starting at OT this weekend, XFL NewsHub reports Argos Draft Pick Sage Doxtator was limited in practice and would most likely be done for the season. His injury was not mentioned.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yesterdays action had the Brahma Bulls being eliminated from post season contention with the 38-37 loss to the Defenders in front of just over 12,000 in perfect weather conditions in the Alamo Dome.

In St Louis Missouri the Battle Hawks crushed the 1-9 Orlando team 52-28 (if memeory serves)in front of 33,000 spectators, St Louis now must await the result of tonights Seattle /Vegas contest to see if they qualify for the playoffs.

Next week will see the playoffs commence for XFL 3.0 in Washington DC and Houston Texas.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    With XFL 3.0 regular season concluded, expect to see Houston against Seattle in the Championship Game with Seattle coming out on top. Its been a slice doing this thread, thanks to those who contributed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:

Level

The Argos were kings of that back in the day Ravi; air-lift some American guy in and hand him a starting job for a game later that week. What a joke and slap in the face to other players on the roster and working hard from TC on in to get a chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I wasn’t going to post on this thread anymore, but I have to ask….what am I missing? How does a League MVP not make a League All Star team? Anyone?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wasn’t going to post on this thread anymore, but I have to ask….what am I missing? How does a League MVP not make a League All Star team? Anyone?
    I can try and answer if I knew what you were referring to?

MAybe you have to be part of the Crock's entourage for specific post season recognition.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I can try and answer if I knew what you were referring to?

MAybe you have to be part of the Crock's entourage for specific post season recognition.
    Although not on the XFL official site, numerous reports state that STL QB AJ McCarron (he of 4th & 15 fame) is the league MVP. But the XFL All Star team has the Washington QB listed as QB in addition to being named league Offensive Player of the Year. I guess he said something that offended the fans.