Thread: CFL TV Ratings

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    Bell does not want another competitor to monetize the league.It's about the NFL and soon to be the NCAA.
    That I can believe. It is a f'n outrage that Bell/Rogers et al benefit from government protection to keep foreign comm providers out but bring other foreign properties in (ie NCAA) and not only air these properties but nurture and build them as well.

We could have Canadian university superleagues of 10 or so teams that would be excellent and competitive entertainment. This has been discussed before in relation to football. There is an old PTS sports interview with Dave Smart (formerly Carleton) where he talks about how the USports system may be better for some athletes to further their career than the NCAA.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I really enjoy the TSN coverage. Thought the Grey cup coverage as well as TD atlantic coverage was excellent. To me getting the schedule fan friendly to get more people in seats is should be priority. Mid week games are difficult to get to because of transit and usually people have to take days off work. Think league has to balance fan friendly start times versus good for TV dates if possible. Our Tuesday game likely cost about 4000 fans ... but its hard to say for sure. I'm usually wrong about everything but I think getting the schedule fan friendly is really important... TSN is doing a good job IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    That I can believe. It is a f'n outrage that Bell/Rogers et al benefit from government protection to keep foreign comm providers out but bring other foreign properties in (ie NCAA) and not only air these properties but nurture and build them as well.

We could have Canadian university superleagues of 10 or so teams that would be excellent and competitive entertainment. This has been discussed before in relation to football. There is an old PTS sports interview with Dave Smart (formerly Carleton) where he talks about how the USports system may be better for some athletes to further their career than the NCAA.
    Ha - yep.

Welcome to Canada - land of the wannabes and home of the American pulp culture media & corporate $uck-ups. Makes me want to puke.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    I really enjoy the TSN coverage. Thought the Grey cup coverage as well as TD atlantic coverage was excellent. To me getting the schedule fan friendly to get more people in seats is should be priority. Mid week games are difficult to get to because of transit and usually people have to take days off work. Think league has to balance fan friendly start times versus good for TV dates if possible. Our Tuesday game likely cost about 4000 fans ... but its hard to say for sure. I'm usually wrong about everything but I think getting the schedule fan friendly is really important... TSN is doing a good job IMO.
    Can't disagree with any of this. My major complaint of TSN is the fact that they don't cover the league enough outside of their game broadcasts. As the sole rights holder, and especially with 5 channels, they should have multiple weekly shows during the season to help promote not just the league, but to try and really make their star players, well STARS. Maybe the league should also take the blame for that, but we need more than just game coverage to make this league bigger and better. The rivalries was a great piece, but one show like that per year doesn't cut it if you are trying to build things.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Ha - yep.

Welcome to Canada - land of the wannabes and home of the American pulp culture media & corporate $uck-ups. Makes me want to puke.
    100% bang on.
    I have been saying this for years when to me it was obvious how mother network CTV was playing the league and purposely keeping it down a rung on the minor league level with TSN coverage only.
    Now there are games that are only shown many times on the one single TSN network feed, leaving the 4 others for wannabee other US sports that nobody cares or watches.
    They should be ashamed of themselves, not to mention the stupid BofG and the Commissioners of the day(s) that allowed this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    100% bang on.
    I have been saying this for years when to me it was obvious how mother network CTV was playing the league and purposely keeping it down a rung on the minor league level with TSN coverage only.
    Now there are games that are only shown many times on the one single TSN network feed, leaving the 4 others for wannabee other US sports that nobody cares or watches.
    They should be ashamed of themselves, not to mention the stupid BofG and the Commissioners of the day(s) that allowed this.

Yep, and the CFL BOGutless types wouldn't grasp this. They're "biznessmen" and only bottom-line thinking is acceptable.

CTV "leaders" and their bean-counters should be shipped out of this country - they could still be pulp culture salesmen and grovelling buck$ worshippers from elsewhere - Mexico is just on the other side of the border of the USA, I believe i read anyways. ;o)