Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
The hijinks have gotten out of hand IMO. The best panel was in the 1990s when they had Rod Smith hosting with Bob O'Billovich, Marty York, and Less Browne. They busted each other's chops a bit but they focused on the games and the storylines and hijinks were at a minimum. Today, it feels like fun and games and frivolity, along with betting, are the primary purpose of the panel. I suspect this won't be a popular opinion but it's just my two cents.
The panel is just a stale concept that IMO has run its course. I can't remember if it was Jason Whitlock I heard say it or someone on his show, but they talked about panels on ESPN and the dynamic surrounding them and that they're basically useless. It was pretty politically incorrect what was said but so true I couldn't get the idea out of my head.

Watched the Vanier Cup on CBC today. Hey Randy, TSN, if you care anything at all about the future of Canadian football, you should give them a ring. A little deal like CBC and Sportsnet have with hockey might just save the league.