Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    The absolutely horrid schedule this season with so many back to back games and teams playing each other several times in short order does not help matters IMO - boring, lack of variety that turns fans off or creates a stale outlook; the only IMO back to back games in a CFL season should be the Labour Day affairs with the tradition maintained. After that - teams facing each other should be spread out as far as possible - you then get to see teams evolve and different match-ups at much different points of the season.

THE CFL needs way better brains/leadership; Ambrosia's time has been a joke/disaster - he should be punted wayyyyy far away from the league.
    I fully agree.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    The absolutely horrid schedule this season with so many back to back games and teams playing each other several times in short order does not help matters IMO - boring, lack of variety that turns fans off or creates a stale outlook; the only IMO back to back games in a CFL season should be the Labour Day affairs with the tradition maintained. After that - teams facing each other should be spread out as far as possible - you then get to see teams evolve and different match-ups at much different points of the season.

THE CFL needs way better brains/leadership; Ambrosia's time has been a joke/disaster - he should be punted wayyyyy far away from the league.
    Strictly speaking for the Argos, this has been one of the best scheduled seasons in the past 10 years. I don't care how many times we play the Ticats in a row. Remember when we were kicked out of our own barn?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Adding to the schedule complaints, four home games in less than a month (Jul 31-Aug 26) and then six weeks until the next one is pretty stupid. And I think one Ex game per year is enough going forward.

We have the same problem as before: we're not the primary stadium tenant. When you get treated like garbage for decades, maybe we shouldn't be that surprised over the current state of things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Adding to the schedule complaints, four home games in less than a month (Jul 31-Aug 26) and then six weeks until the next one is pretty stupid. And I think one Ex game per year is enough going forward.

We have the same problem as before: we're not the primary stadium tenant. When you get treated like garbage for decades, maybe we shouldn't be that surprised over the current state of things.
    Are you out of your mind!? Canadian Football is happening while thousands of people are around for the EX! There is no better way to promote the Argos.

There were crowds around the stadium trying to look for the whole game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Are you out of your mind!? Canadian Football is happening while thousands of people are around for the EX! There is no better way to promote the Argos.

Every single person looking through the fence or from the food building had no idea there was a game. Funny that if they knew, they could have paid less to watch the Argos, than only attend the EX. It felt like a nice crowd even though short of 13k. Imagine if they actually promoted it and we got even a few extra thousand. Would have been awesome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The schedule is very bad from a competitive standpoint: six of the last eight games are on the road. It makes sense to have two home games during the Ex, but not to use up seven of our nine home games by the end of August. Seems the team believes the best chance to bring in fans is the summer; the results to date are not encouraging in that regard.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Other than the actual game being played, how much did the Argos promote football around the grounds while the game was going on? That is an opportunity that they had no interest in investing minimal dollars to. The EX games are great, But I can also see the overkill. A lot of fans like to tailgate before the game. I personally do not, but that's 2 games with no tailgating because of the EX, Some people like to arrive and just walk into the stadium without all the added congestion the EX brings. No effect on me. Friday will be my 3rd event during the EX,
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level

You are right about that.
    Which got me to think, if there were Argo personnel around the stadium and the grounds with a ton of tickets in hand say for a flat $5 bucks to watch in the upper empty stands.
    How many people could they attract I wonder?? Wouldn't even one new fan be worth it, why not try for the next game......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level

Non-paying customers -- that's exactly what we need.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Non-paying customers -- that's exactly what we need.
    I have no issue with non paying customers. In fact, I am an advocate of giving out comp’d tickets. But people standing outside the stadium trying to sneak a peak, does nothing for the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The schedule is very bad from a competitive standpoint: six of the last eight games are on the road. It makes sense to have two home games during the Ex, but not to use up seven of our nine home games by the end of August. Seems the team believes the best chance to bring in fans is the summer; the results to date are not encouraging in that regard.
    I would add that one of those home games was the game in Nova Scotia which really was a road game for the Argos.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This season's Argo schedule is pure crap. Too many games against Hamilton in a small amount of time. They put Hamilton here an extra game this season and we do not see Edmonton at all, and with the home game moved earlier, no visit by Saskatchewan either. This upcoming stretch means no games here in September. By the time they play again, they may be out of the picture completely and no one will be interested in attending as a casual fan. One CNE game is enough for me, since I prefer to drive to the games and always take someone to fill my second seat. Hard to get someone to go if we have to take the train and then hope they are interested in anything at the CNE. This past game, we just got there in time for the game only. It would be much better if they had an afternoon game during the CNE, because after the game, people can wander about with no deadline , and perhaps catch one of the concerts, which all took place during the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hopefully we actually get our full compliment of home games next season, doesn’t sound the expansion to the Maritimes will be happening in the near future (or happening at all).
    Time for another eastern team to suck it up and play the Touchdown Atlantic game.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Hopefully we actually get our full compliment of home games next season, doesn’t sound the expansion to the Maritimes will be happening in the near future (or happening at all).
    Time for another eastern team to suck it up and play the Touchdown Atlantic game.
    It will always be the Argos, unless miraculously our crowds reach the 20k mark on a regular basis.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It will always be the Argos, unless miraculously our crowds reach the 20k mark on a regular basis.
    Oh I know, sucks to be us sometimes.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks to the EX, I was able to get extra butts in the seats for tomorrow's game.