Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
The HC can be fired though; guy is in way over his head, and a few seasons sniffing cry-baby Dickinson's butt in Calgary does not qualify you for a Canadian pro football HC job; or at least, it shouldn't.
IMO Dinwiddie is on very shaky ground at this point. He has made some questionable decisions in personnel, play calling and game management. He seems to be playing not to lose rather than aggressively trying to win. I sense he might be feeling heat and worried about losing his job. I doubt we will see a coaching change during the season, but if the team does not improve its performance in the second half of the season and at minimum get back to the Eastern Final, I would be very surprised to see him back next year.

There is also a larger problem, IMO -- we do not have the sort of front-office structure that can solve the types of problems we have had this year. Who doesn't love Pinball, but I really doubt he is actively involved in personnel decisions (including who stays and who goes during camp), and I'm almost certain he is not out personally beating the bushes for new talent to fill roster holes. In theory Jim Barker is taking on the role held in recent years by Popp and Murphy, but he hasn't had a lead role in personnel recruitment anywhere for six-plus years. Vince Magri is a tremendous judge of incoming NAT talent, and someone whose continued development needs to be nurtured and supported. But is he able at this stage of his career to hang around NFL camps and find guys who could be brought up here and contribute? Maybe, but I don't think we have any such evidence yet.