Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
You're not alone in criticizing the Argo offence, as you must know if you have been reading this forum closely. That is, however, beside the point. Do you or do you not agree that any offence, however effective, has hundreds of plays and could not be learned in one week by a defensive player? Do you or do you not agree that blocking schemes are an important part of the design of any offence, however effective?

As for Pinball, I don't believe he is dictating much, if anything, to the coaching staff, which IMO is part of the problem we've had with personnel decisions. The GM should endeavour to get players a coach wants, but should have ultimate decision-making authority on who gets kept. Coaches should determine how the players are used. Again, do you agree or disagree?
Agreed for sure on the Pinball/GM aspect.

But I also believe, like Shatto above, that a back-up defensive player/ special teams linebacker, could/should easily be able to learn the ultra part-time position on offence enough to be able to go in and do the job well enough in case the one main fullback goes down; I would not say that for a defensive player being counted on to play receiver or tailback though. Of course blocking schemes are important. So what do you think of the number of CFL teams now who dress just one back-up O-lineman on the game roster? - 2 injuries in-game to O-linemen have happened before; so then you see a big D-lineman forced to go into the game at O-line? = myopic, dumb, embarrassing IMO, especially with CFL rosters so large now.