Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Our 3 DEs all made plays. Ray with 2 sacks, Barlow with a sack and a tackle that stopped Don Jackson short of a 1st down that caused a turnover on downs and Robbie Smith with a qb pressure on Evans that ended up in Peter’s hands for his 2nd pick. I think Dane has a pec or shoulder injury on his throwing side from a hit by Oakman.
    Yes AV, Evans had tears in his eyes on the sidelines late in the 4th.
    I was curious why Leake wasn’t returning kicks, as TSN didn’t make mention of any injury that I am aware of but that the sideline reporter had some nice human interest stories as always.
    A sure fire loss for the Argos on Labour Day is no longer expected. Hamilton felt the season slip into the muddy waters last night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Our 3 DEs all made plays. Ray with 2 sacks, Barlow with a sack and a tackle that stopped Don Jackson short of a 1st down that caused a turnover on downs and Robbie Smith with a qb pressure on Evans that ended up in Peter’s hands for his 2nd pick. I think Dane has a pec or shoulder injury on his throwing side from a hit by Oakman.
    I haven't yet seen the play on video, but the "strip sack" by Acheampong (perhaps assisted by someone else, I couldn't tell at the time) was also a tremendous play by the d-line.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I haven't yet seen the play on video, but the "strip sack" by Acheampong (perhaps assisted by someone else, I couldn't tell at the time) was also a tremendous play by the d-line.
    Yes, Evans had gained yards on the run play and another Argo I believe partially dislodged the ball from the beleaguered Hamilton QB and Sam A made a great play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It was Shane Ray that dislodged the ball.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Einstein famous saying remains so appropriate with MBT and Dinwiddie, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    The former is predictable with starting the game and continuing with torrid performances while the latter is stubborn in leaving him in.
    The former must have pictures on the latter.
    When did Einstein play football?

Great win that was even greater because it was against "them". Props to Jamal Peters and the the D in general. Every one made a contribution. Robbie Smith as a rotational DE has shown steady growth as a player. His speed is a big asset.

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm still concerned about o-line play and injuries at receiver and now running back. This could be another one of those 9-9 seasons, and we're pretty good at making those end well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Paul will love this one. When the play ended with MBT taking a sack leading to Bede's last FG of the game, there was 7:33 on the clock. I was thinking Argos will take a 3 possession lead with just over 7 minutes remaining. The FG was kicked with 6:44 remaining on the clock. It took 49 seconds between the sack and the end of the FG. 28 seconds ticked before the next play was whistled in, and the Argos ran the clock down to 1 second before snapping. That my friends is why scoring in the CFL is not what it was in the 80's and 90's. The fast pace of the 20 second play clock is no longer a thing.
    AV, does your source in the CFL's officiating ranks have any explanation as to why this kind of thing happens?

I was also bothered by how much time the Ticats had at the end of the first half to figure out who their FG kicker was going to be. Move the game along, officials!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    When did Einstein play football?

Great win that was even greater because it was against "them". Props to Jamal Peters and the the D in general. Every one made a contribution. Robbie Smith as a rotational DE has shown steady growth as a player. His speed is a big asset.

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm still concerned about o-line play and injuries at receiver and now running back. This could be another one of those 9-9 seasons, and we're pretty good at making those end well.
    I am still holding out hope for a winning record. At the beginning of the season, I had hoped for a 12-6 or 11-7 season at the worst so this season has had some more challenges than expected but I don't see any reason why at least 10-8 isn't possible. The Corey Mace defence seems to be getting better weekly and special teams coverage has gotten back on track too. Injuries have definitely had a huge impact offensively but MBT continues to tough it out there.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I am still holding out hope for a winning record. At the beginning of the season, I had hoped for a 12-6 or 11-7 season at the worst so this season has had some more challenges than expected but I don't see any reason why at least 10-8 isn't possible. The Corey Mace defence seems to be getting better weekly and special teams coverage has gotten back on track too. Injuries have definitely had a huge impact offensively but MBT continues to tough it out there.
    10-8 would be fabulous at this point. To get there we will have to go 5-3, a tall order given we have just two home games left. Have to win both of those and also win three out of five road games at Hamilton, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton. I'm assuming we will not win at Calgary, but every other game is at least theoretically winnable.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I was also bothered by how much time the Ticats had at the end of the first half to figure out who their FG kicker was going to be. Move the game along, officials!
    Yes, that was utterly ridiculous. It's one thing to wait until the offence has its 12 men in the huddle to start the 20, but it's way beyond the spirit of the rule to hold off so the offence can consider making further personnel changes. I think Steinauer is extremely good at working the officials to his advantage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    AV, does your source in the CFL's officiating ranks have any explanation as to why this kind of thing happens?

Strangely he told me that the league mandated to move things along quicker on kicking situations. And I agree with you, the play clock should have been moving on the last play of the first half. In essence, Ben Major allowed the Ti-Cats to make 2 personnel changes before starting the play clock. That should not have happened.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Great weather, an Argonaut win while my son and I enjoyed the game with some good friends!!
    Not a bad Friday evening!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Great weather, an Argonaut win while my son and I enjoyed the game with some good friends!!
    Was a great evening... My son made it to the game as well ... Like I said before its always great atmosphere when the Tigercats and their fans are at BMO. Seemed like lots of new ARGO fans.

We sit same section as the ARGO Lifers... Tiger cat section was full of their fans...Turned around and Bon Young was front and center in the box behind their fans.. He is a class act IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Always great to sit with you guys and enjoy live Argos action.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Yes, that was utterly ridiculous. It's one thing to wait until the offence has its 12 men in the huddle to start the 20, but it's way beyond the spirit of the rule to hold off so the offence can consider making further personnel changes. I think Steinauer is extremely good at working the officials to his advantage.
    It is situations like these that highlight why the power to blow time in must be taken away from the officials and an automatic clock utilized.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    It is situations like these that highlight why the power to blow time in must be taken away from the officials and an automatic clock utilized.
    Yes! A 30-second clock that starts as soon as the whistle goes to end the previous play. Same as NFL, except 30 seconds rather than 40. If teams can't be ready to go in 30 seconds, too bad. Leaving it to the discretion of the refs means inconsistency and at times sheer stupidity.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Yes AV, Evans had tears in his eyes on the sidelines late in the 4th.
    I was curious why Leake wasn’t returning kicks, as TSN didn’t make mention of any injury that I am aware of but that the sideline reporter had some nice human interest stories as always.
    A sure fire loss for the Argos on Labour Day is no longer expected. Hamilton felt the season slip into the muddy waters last night.
    I didn’t see the game, not sure who was the reporter but I think Scianetti’s stock has fallen over the years. He started out pretty promising and kinda plateaued as the sideline guy. I liked Jermain Franklin but seems he’s moved to Sportscentre.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yes! A 30-second clock that starts as soon as the whistle goes to end the previous play. Same as NFL, except 30 seconds rather than 40. If teams can't be ready to go in 30 seconds, too bad. Leaving it to the discretion of the refs means inconsistency and at times sheer stupidity.
    This would be great. stay with the 20 second clock on out of bounds, incomplete or penalty, and move to 30 second immediate start on plays that end in bounds.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I didn’t see the game, not sure who was the reporter but I think Scianetti’s stock has fallen over the years. He started out pretty promising and kinda plateaued as the sideline guy. I liked Jermain Franklin but seems he’s moved to Sportscentre.
    The sideline reporter needs to be focused on the injury situation; that has to be their top priority, along with anything else that they witness on the sidelines. That's the way it used to be with the old sideline reporters like Bill Stephenson, Tom McKee, and Al McCann. We need that much more than the canned stuff that they try to force in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    This would be great. stay with the 20 second clock on out of bounds, incomplete or penalty, and move to 30 second immediate start on plays that end in bounds.
    Great ideas here on how the clock should operate! Hopefully that's the next change that the league makes this off-season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Scianitti is a good reporter -- it's not his fault that TSN typically does not want actual news from the sideline (unless it involves a huge star getting hurt or something really extraordinary like the Banks-Tate scrap earlier this year). TSN wants its sideline reporters doing human-interest features, not the type of news reporting Bill Stephenson, Al McCann and Scott Oake used to do back in the day.