Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
As OV points out, there appear to be a number of potentially talented DBs available in the draft. One of Bagayogo, Taylor, Cormier or Ringland should be available at #16. Sutherland who had a "strong showing" at his pro day and is suggested as the possible 1st overall pick, is smaller than the aforementioned DBs and did not test that much better. In fact Taylor who is 3 inches taller and 14lbs heavier had better test results in the 40, vertical ,broad jump and not far behind in the 3 shuttle. And, if Sutherland's pro day 40 was hand timed the difference in the 40 is even greater. One has to wonder if this is a case of underestimating U Sport athletes.

At WR, Murphy could be a sleeper. He tested faster than I expected. He has baseball gloves for hands and seldom losses a fight for a contested ball. He has good size and whoever drafts him could well have an excellent receiver after a year or so maturing in the league.
Sutherland did post some very good testing #s at his pro day (i believe they would use electronic timing for the 40 but not sure?) As for Ottawa taking him 1st overall, even though he is an Ottawa guy, they already have a bunch of Canadian talent for either safety or OLB, so not sure he is a fit there, but CFL drafting / thinking for Canadian talent often features over-kill at specific positions. And he was not even a full-time starter on the Penn State D (which IMO a top draft pick should be) but CFL thinkers may have a big Div I resume trumping proven all-star talent at the same position from U Sports ball ? The RedBlacks have a pile of draft picks coming up so maybe they take him for the local connection plus because of his "athleticism", but 1st overall would be a mistake IMO - see where he fits in and maybe an instant impact guy on STs ?

Bagayogo had very good testing #s, is a big corner and 2 time all_Canadian with supposed excellent cover skills - might be the rare Canadian who gets a real shot to play corner for the CFL team that drafts him ?