Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Will we hear from either Larry Tanenbaum or Bill Manning this week?
    I suspect with no TFC commitments, Manning might take the free trip to Regina.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Great game and once again had a blast. Still the best ticket in town anytime since 1873. Bethel had his most consistent game so far. Hope this continues next week. Pumped for the Grey Cup. I wish I didn't have so many cheap skate friends otherwise I would go. Anyone have issues getting in at Gate 1? I was stopped as I had my Argo flag and was told I couldn't bring it in. I told them it was fine every other week at BMO. It was fine in Ottawa, Montreal and Regina. I escalated to their supervisor and was told no I needed to be a supporter. I said I am, I am on the ArgoFan form and a season ticket holder. I also pointed to the stands where the people that sit in front of me were waving their flag and were on the same retractible antenna pole like I had. I was rejected and told to walk around to Gate 3 and check my Argo flag.

I went to Gate 3 and walked in no problem. Another crack security team with issues like we have seen with cow bells in Ottawa and horns in Montreal. These people are only attempting to do their job but man alive get the protocol straight and be consistent. Just a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things. BTW that is a damn nice sweat shirt they gave out. That logo would like amazing in Cambridge blue on the sleeves of our jerseys.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    . Amazing how much better a QB looks when he isn't hurried on half his throws.
    It’s also amazing how much better a QB looks when his passing accuracy demonstrably improves.

I didn’t think he was capable of such an improvement, and I’m pretty frikken happy to admit I was wrong. Right at this moment, with Rourke and Collaros on the limp, MBT is easily the best QB in the league. Although I gotta admit I haven’t seen Trevor Harris look that good in years either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Great number. Let's build on that next year. But I am afraid that management/ownership won't like so many times in the past. I have a very different feeling about BC's 30,000+ because it does look like ownership is trying to build back up the attendance.
    Surely the bean counters at MLSE will notice that drawing 21k with zero promotion wasn’t an insignificant achievement.

And if any of them attended the game, they would have noticed it was one of the youngest and most diverse crowds ever to attend an Argo game. It definitely was not a bunch of old white people like it used to be. If they have any shred of vision they would see some real possibilities for the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Surely the bean counters at MLSE will notice that drawing 21k with zero promotion wasn’t an insignificant achievement.

And if any of them attended the game, they would have noticed it was one of the youngest and most diverse crowds ever to attend an Argo game. It definitely was not a bunch of old white people like it used to be. If they have any shred of vision they would see some real possibilities for the future.
    Let's hope some were in attendance or watching. This is the team they need to run it back with, and they have to give a crap about owning them and making the city take notice of. The game was a blast to be at withe 21,000. Imagine a full house. They weren't far off. With just a little imagination and want to, it should not be hard to sell 25 000 tickets 9 times a year. 10 times with playoff. That's 250,000 in a city and surrounding region of 4 million people.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It’s also amazing how much better a QB looks when his passing accuracy demonstrably improves.

I didn’t think he was capable of such an improvement, and I’m pretty frikken happy to admit I was wrong. Right at this moment, with Rourke and Collaros on the limp, MBT is easily the best QB in the league. Although I gotta admit I haven’t seen Trevor Harris look that good in years either.

70.4 % completions for 299 yards and 2 TDs & 0 INTs is a very solid QB performance - kudos to MBT; there should be no problem recognizing any player's good play; just like there should be no problem hearing criticisms for weak play or perhaps flaws in a player's game. Glad to see the deep shots down the field (like those 2 at the end of the first half - close to making something happen instead of wimpy nothing plays to end the half); deep ball accuracy is just not a strength of MBT's game though - sorry bout that.

I hope some non-homer fans can recognize other good play from around the league, even if they dislike the other teams. Heard lots of criticism of Trevor Harris' play and QB skills from some. Harris completed 83.3 % of his passes for 362 yards and 1 TD with 0 INTs yesterday; and still holds 2 of the all-time best single game QB passing days in CFL play-off history. I'll guess he still has his share of critics who would love to see him run out of Montreal cause they didn't make it to the GC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

I hope some non-homer fans can recognize other good play from around the league, even if they dislike the other teams. Heard lots of criticism of Trevor Harris' play and QB skills from some. Harris completed 83.3 % of his passes for 362 yards and 1 TD with 0 INTs yesterday; and still holds 2 of the all-time best single game QB passing days in CFL play-off history. I'll guess he still has his share of critics who would love to see him run out of Montreal cause they didn't make it to the GC.
    I already acknowledged my respect for the way Harris played yesterday, but let's not get carried away with stats. He wasn't exactly moving the chains when they fell behind 21-3. Every time they pulled close, they fizzled again. He was very good though. Philpot was their best player yesterday IMO. Made some great contested catches.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Let's hope some were in attendance or watching. This is the team they need to run it back with, and they have to give a crap about owning them and making the city take notice of. The game was a blast to be at withe 21,000. Imagine a full house. They weren't far off. With just a little imagination and want to, it should not be hard to sell 25 000 tickets 9 times a year. 10 times with playoff. That's 250,000 in a city and surrounding region of 4 million people.
    I love how Argo fans can be ravenous but still maintain a family-friendly atmosphere. A lot of young families were at the East Final yesterday and I never heard or observed any kind of behaviour that I would consider unsuitable for children. Just don't park at Lamport Stadium if you're bringing the family.

I have never been to a Leafs or a Blue Jays game that I would proudly bring kinds to and I've been to quite a few. Some people seem to think spending thousands of dollars on tickets gives one a free pass to go on a drug-fueled rampage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    deep ball accuracy is just not a strength of MBT's game though - sorry bout that..
    I’d bet that he connected on more deep balls in the last 10 games then he did in his previous 3.5 years as an Argo combined.

Apparently you CAN get better at throwing the long ball at age 34. I wouldn’t have believed it till I saw it. There was around a 12 game span from late last season through the start of this one where I don’t think he connected on one single long ball. That was not “good”. He needed to start making big plays for the team, and he did just that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I’d bet that he connected on more deep balls in the last 10 games then he did in his previous 3.5 years as an Argo combined.

Apparently you CAN get better at throwing the long ball at age 34. I wouldn’t have believed it till I saw it. There was around a 12 game span from late last season through the start of this one where I don’t think he connected on one single long ball. That was not “good”. He needed to start making big plays for the team, and he did just that.
    MBT has definitely improved on the deep balls but I would be interested in seeing a QB comparison on those kinds of passes. Is, for example, Bo Levi Mitchell any better than MBT on deep ball accuracy?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    For what it's worth, 35-40% completions on long passes (20+ yards in the air) is considered average in the NFL.

Boatman
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I was waiting for the day that the O-line would give MBT solid protection. Well, we got that on Sunday. No sacks is quite an accomplishment. MBT delivered. For the deep balls though, I don't know if the Argos have anyone with deep speed like Speedy B used to have that could catch up to those deep passes. Oh yeah, we had someone like that here last season, Chandler Worthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    I was waiting for the day that the O-line would give MBT solid protection. Well, we got that on Sunday. No sacks is quite an accomplishment. MBT delivered. For the deep balls though, I don't know if the Argos have anyone with deep speed like Speedy B used to have that could catch up to those deep passes. Oh yeah, we had someone like that here last season, Chandler Worthy.
    Receivers don't have to have 4.4 speed to get open deep often; Gittens & Daniels and Banks have got deep this year; can't expect a QB to hit them in stride deep all the time, but a bunch of times would be nice.

Rourke was very good at it this year; Collaros mostly too; always been a weakness in Bo Mitchell's game IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    For what it's worth, 35-40% completions on long passes (20+ yards in the air) is considered average in the NFL.
    I saw a stat on Facebook last week - not sure of its reliability - that had MBT at 33% for the season so he isn't far off the NFL average then.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    Not sure that Worthy had an inordinate number of deep ball catches. Also interesting that Montreal rarely used him in the receiving corps this year.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Not sure that Worthy had an inordinate number of deep ball catches. Also interesting that Montreal rarely used him in the receiving corps this year.
    I know he had at least one in a home win vs Montreal in 2021.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I know he had at least one in a home win vs Montreal in 2021.
    And I think Tyquan Glass was released shortly after that play as it was In The dying seconds of the half.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And I think Tyquan Glass was released shortly after that play as it was In The dying seconds of the half.
    Yes it was, the Argos had intercepted Vernon Adams to set that up.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    70.4 % completions for 299 yards and 2 TDs & 0 INTs is a very solid QB performance - kudos to MBT; there should be no problem recognizing any player's good play; just like there should be no problem hearing criticisms for weak play or perhaps flaws in a player's game. Glad to see the deep shots down the field (like those 2 at the end of the first half - close to making something happen instead of wimpy nothing plays to end the half); deep ball accuracy is just not a strength of MBT's game though - sorry bout that.

During the game they gave the stats for career passing average per playoff game with Trevor Harris ranking #1 at 362 yards, which is also what he ended up with in this game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Enjoyed the game last week from the upper deck on the east side for the first time. Nice perspective actually. Didn't realize you could see Hamilton from up there (wishing they were playing of course).