Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    It might cut into the discussion about their golf games or the Green Bay Packers.
    There is a whopping 52 second video covering the Argos on CP24.com tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    There is a whopping 52 second video covering the Argos on CP24.com tonight.
    It would be nice if The Athletic would finally discover the Argos and CFL.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pike View Post
    its pretty bizzare, if you look at the western final , all tickets available are for sale on T.M ...its like they (MLSE) do not want sucessfulness when it comes to the argos ...here is a chance to showcase a great game with a great crowd to the gta ,and the owners could care less. In fact, I bet they are disappointed that so many tickets have been sold.
    MLSE not interested in selling tickets. Again tonite 4 tickets available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    It might cut into the discussion about their golf games or the Green Bay Packers.
    LOL !

True modern Canadian sports media will talk and fawn all over - the NFL, NHL, Blue Jays & MLB, Raptors & NBA; golf, tennis, Ricky Bobby car racin' ... but the CFL & (Argos in particular in the GTA) Canadian football are beneath these hip trend mongers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    3 Down Nation - JC Abbott & John Hodge are picking Montreal, not sure about Justin Dunk, I think he is leaning Argos. Said Toronto's defence was "good", but their offensive line was not very good and the offence in general was "meh". Couldn't understand why all of the hype was about a 35 year old running back coming off of injury, because he only a 4.5 yard rushing average before he was injured. Montreal is playing like a team of destiny.

A little stunning to hear them say that. I know I'm an Argo fan, but they did finish first by beating Montreal in Montreal with alot of non-starters in the lineup. Now they expect Montreal to come here to face a rested, and healthier Argo team. Not alot of respect for what Toronto accomplished this year.

Anything can happen Sunday, but I fully expect the Argos to show up and put touchdowns on the board early, and make a statement defensively.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    3 Down Nation - JC Abbott & John Hodge are picking Montreal, not sure about Justin Dunk, I think he is leaning Argos. Said Toronto's defence was "good", but their offensive line was not very good and the offence in general was "meh". Couldn't understand why all of the hype was about a 35 year old running back coming off of injury, because he only a 4.5 yard rushing average before he was injured. Montreal is playing like a team of destiny.

A little stunning to hear them say that. I know I'm an Argo fan, but they did finish first by beating Montreal in Montreal with alot of non-starters in the lineup. Now they expect Montreal to come here to face a rested, and healthier Argo team. Not alot of respect for what Toronto accomplished this year.

Anything can happen Sunday, but I fully expect the Argos to show up and put touchdowns on the board early, and make a statement defensively.
    If you go back to preseason predictions, I saw few of the pundits picking the Argos to finish first. It's been amazing to me to see how little respect the Argos have gotten from the likes of TSN and 3DownNation this season so it isn't surprising that so many are picking Montreal over the Argos.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Montreal is the juicy pick among the media, IMO, for several reasons:

(1) The narrative of Danny Maciocia taking over from a fired Khari Jones; AND
    (2) Gary Stern's presence on Twitter does drive a bit of this
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Montreal is the juicy pick among the media, IMO, for several reasons:

(1) The narrative of Danny Maciocia taking over from a fired Khari Jones; AND
    (2) Gary Stern's presence on Twitter does drive a bit of this
    This would be the same Gary Stern who resigned from the CFL's Board of Governors and who no longer wants to own the team. Right.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    On one hand - I understand why the Argos are not "liked" - these are the same reasons I am frustrated.....Our ownership does nothing to improve the profile of this team in the biggest market in the country, and it is hurting the entire league. Our ownership should be driving the league forward with vision and taking the lead on so many issues right now, and they sit on their hands and are mute. They seemed to want some things with the XFL, and when it didn't go their way they sulked off like children instead of putting forth a compelling argument and convincing their fellow owners of the merits of doing something that dramatic. They would have been taken more seriously if they were seen to be running their team with care, passion, and a plan to become relevant in Toronto again. Since they haven't done any of that since taking over the team, why should the other owners just fall in line with a dramatic merger. There is no way they are going to do that when there is no indication Toronto ownership can the get the little things right. How can they be trusted to manage something much greater in scope.

On the other hand - the team itself - on the field deserves respect. The defence is a championship calibre defence. The offence has potential, especially at full strength to play with anybody in the league. They have quietly finished first 2 years in a row, won the big games it needed to other than last years EF, but that loss I firmly believe will be entrenched in the teams mind of what not to replicate and will make them stronger on Sunday. We will see. But when they win on Sunday it will be interesting to see if some opinions change.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ticket sales seem to have tapered off to a glacial pace the last couple of days unfortunately. I would have expected the opposite. Interest to pick up closer to the weekend.
    Dinwiddie was on Overdrive at 6:30 pm last night. Pinball was at Raptors game Wednesday and on Breakfast Television this morning. Henoc will be at the Leafs game tonight. Not sure what else is being done to promote or sell tickets in a big way.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    On the other hand - the team itself - on the field deserves respect. The defence is a championship calibre defence. The offence has potential, especially at full strength to play with anybody in the league. They have quietly finished first 2 years in a row, won the big games it needed to other than last years EF, but that loss I firmly believe will be entrenched in the teams mind of what not to replicate and will make them stronger on Sunday. We will see. But when they win on Sunday it will be interesting to see if some opinions change.
    HOO RAH. Well said, could not agree more. I remember Bear Woods once saying that the team will play for whoever is out there. That is what I really love about all these guys. They will just give it their all, because they love the game and are professionals. They have earned and deserve respect.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Ticket sales seem to have tapered off to a glacial pace the last couple of days unfortunately. I would have expected the opposite. Interest to pick up closer to the weekend.
    Dinwiddie was on Overdrive at 6:30 pm last night. Pinball was at Raptors game Wednesday and on Breakfast Television this morning. Henoc will be at the Leafs game tonight. Not sure what else is being done to promote or sell tickets in a big way.
    Ticket sales are indeed tapering off or so it seems , so why in heck are they NOT offering for sale the most desired seats in the house , the ones in the upper east side between the 45 yd lines ........makes one left scratching their head once again.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    This would be the same Gary Stern who resigned from the CFL's Board of Governors and who no longer wants to own the team. Right.
    I don't know if it is him who doesn't want to own the team vs. the estate of his father-in-law pushing things.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Sarcasm?

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I don't know if it is him who doesn't want to own the team vs. the estate of his father-in-law pushing things.
    Are we forgetting that the estate said they will keep running the team and I don't think there has been any interest in selling as of yet. I think they are still figuring out what's going on. What I'd like to see is a significant portion of the team being sold off to local owners with Stern maintaining his interest. Despite some CFL BOG members possibly being embarrassed by his naivete, IMO he has been good for the league. He's like an old time wrestler talking people into the buildings.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    Are we forgetting that the estate said they will keep running the team and I don't think there has been any interest in selling as of yet. I think they are still figuring out what's going on. What I'd like to see is a significant portion of the team being sold off to local owners with Stern maintaining his interest. Despite some CFL BOG members possibly being embarrassed by his naivete, IMO he has been good for the league. He's like an old time wrestler talking people into the buildings.
    Problem with Stern is that he was/is the face of that franchise but only as a minority owner. The estate may not agree with what Stern is doing or what vision he has going forward, thus his frustration. He seems powerless.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Stern definitely wants to maintain his 25% ownership of the team and it sounds like his father-in-law's estate is happy with their 75% share with no plans to sell. The dispute appeared to be over Stern being the decision-maker for the franchise or not and that particular role has been removed from him. Otherwise though, he seems as enthusiastic as ever to be a part-owner.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Depth chart is pretty much as expected: No Brescacin (grrr), Rogers or Cage. One unanticipated change has Sutton backing up at safety instead of Hagerty, who is hurt. Other notable (but not terribly surprising) omissions are Fayad, Knight, Churchill and Haydel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhXvzdRW...pg&name=medium
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Depth chart is pretty much as expected: No Brescacin (grrr), Rogers or Cage. One unanticipated change has Sutton backing up at safety instead of Hagerty, who is hurt. Other notable (but not terribly surprising) omissions are Fayad, Knight, Churchill and Haydel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhXvzdRW...pg&name=medium
    They have decided, for the most part, to go with the guys who got them to this point and I am okay with that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    They have decided, for the most part, to go with the guys who got them to this point and I am okay with that.
    Yep I'm glad to see that. I know Harris is back, but I like the HC decision to keep going with Ouellette and give him 65% of the snaps and spell him off with Harris. Should make a great 1 - 2 punch.