Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Ideal starting O for the play-offs

Depending on health/injury status of course.

RB - Ouellette (combining with Harris if he can go)

Receiver 5 pack - Gittens, Daniels, Banks, Phillips, Nield (but Banks replaced, but still available for some work, if either of Rogers or Brescacin get healthy enough to play - not sure what is going on there?); yep - don't want to see Ambles as a starter though i guess he will be.

O-Line: Blake, Bladek, Lawrence, Hunter and/or Mackellar, plus whoever as the import OT? (and i guess Nicastro is a write-off for the season?)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I would not be surprised to see the o-line left to right of Cage, Hunter, Blake, Bladek and Allen. IMO that would easily be the best o-line we have had all season. Lawrence is a back up and nothing more. MacKellar will be a good one, but still has a lot of improving to do. Nicastro will not play this year.
    There is no way in hell Ambles comes out of the line-up. He does a lot of things well, especially the willingness to block. I would have Banks as a back up long before Ambles.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I would not be surprised to see the o-line left to right of Cage, Hunter, Blake, Bladek and Allen. IMO that would easily be the best o-line we have had all season. Lawrence is a back up and nothing more. MacKellar will be a good one, but still has a lot of improving to do. Nicastro will not play this year.
    There is no way in hell Ambles comes out of the line-up. He does a lot of things well, especially the willingness to block. I would have Banks as a back up long before Ambles.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see that O-line; with the assumption that 2 import OTs (both weak or maybe average at best IMO) is better; Blake is a vet with C experience and Hunter has surpassed MacKellar i guess. Hope MBT doesn't get killed by a DE when Blake might have proved the safer bet at OT.

Of course Ambles will start or they would have sat him some during the season to look for upgrades, IMO; too bad Nield wouldn't get more playing time, but deferring to "veterans" (even if they are weak or sub-par - see both Ambles & Banks) is pretty standard for some football thinkers. Again - are there any injury reports on both Rogers or Brescacin ? - are they write-offs for the play-offs with still 3 weeks to go ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Can't see Blake being moved go centre after not playing there all season. The calls the centre makes are a big enough deal not to rotate guys in and out. I'd love Cage to get healthy, but definitely not counting on it. And if he did, what INT starter would we sit to get him in the starting lineup?

Ambles is definitely not sitting. Rogers and Brescacin are definitely not coming back.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Can't see Blake being moved go centre after not playing there all season. The calls the centre makes are a big enough deal not to rotate guys in and out. I'd love Cage to get healthy, but definitely not counting on it. And if he did, what INT starter would we sit to get him in the starting lineup?

Ambles is definitely not sitting. Rogers and Brescacin are definitely not coming back.
    3 interior Canadian O-linemen + Gittens = 4 NIs on O

Muamba, Metchie plus a rotation of Smith & Acheampong (with Marion or Deionte Knight available too) in on the D-Line = 3 NIs on D

Easy as pie to get to the GOB 7 only with 2 starting import OTs.

Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don’t know if this is a controversial statement but I want Ouellette starting over a healthy Harris.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I don’t know if this is a controversial statement but I want Ouellette starting over a healthy Harris.
    A smart offence would know how to deploy 2 good RBs; Harris back healthy would be awesome IMO; this offence getting the use of 2 fine RBs = not sure of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

Cage was a full participant n practice today and my guess is he starts Saturday should he not have a set back. If he looks good, I think he will start the playoff game, and Blake will move to center. Argos are going to want to run the ball a bit more come playoffs, and Blake at C over Lawrence will be a huge improvement towards that. As for not starting there all year, Blake has played enough C where it won't be an issue. I honestly would dress 8 O-lineman for the playoff game with Lawrence, MacKellar and Richards as depth. Shouldn't be an issue as the Argos dressed 9 D-lineman this past Saturday, so go down to 8 D-line and up to 8 O-line to me is the move to make.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I would dress them both and have a good rotation going keeping them both very fresh.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I would dress them both and have a good rotation going keeping them both very fresh.
    This is pretty much standard practice in football these days, and I wonder why Coach went away from it this year. He rode first Harris and then Ouellette pretty hard this year, with not a lot of plays off. Which was interesting cuz I think he did such a good job of rotating his backs last season. In the old days they'd say backs get better when they are getting worked all game long, but now we know that freshness matters, not to mention the different looks different backs can give. Is Adedoboye finally gonna get the touches he deserves on Saturday?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Regarding Rogers and Brescacin, the latter has been healthy for weeks and did play a few games this season but I don't believe he recorded any statistics. It would appear that he has fallen out of favour with the coaching staff. Rogers played one game and sustained another injury late in the fourth quarter of that one. I have no clue what his current status is but I would be surprised to see him play another game in an Argos uniform.

I would also add that Dejon Allen has given up the fewest pressures in the league at the right tackle position, according to, I believe, Derek Taylor. This was as of a few weeks ago and I haven't noticed any dropoff in Allen's play so I wouldn't agree with any negative characterization of his play.

Finally, Nicastro may be able to play in the playoffs but I don't know if the coaching staff will want to take a chance on a player - no matter how good they are - that hasn't played a down this year.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree Nicastro is unlikely to set foot on the field. His situation -- lack of playing time, game shape, etc. -- is also why I am highly skeptical of Cage moving into LT.

There is no question in my mind that Brescacin has fallen out of favour, for no apparent reason but there you go.

I'd be surprised if Rogers has even been on the practice field at all since he went back on the IL. If anyone has had a Rogers sighting lately, let us know.

If Harris is healthy, both he and Ouellette should dress and play. Maybe even both on the field at the same time -- wouldn't that be a tough look to defend. A NAT would have to sit for Harris -- that would likely be either Knight or Marion, IMO.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    OV: Brescasin has been a Healthy Scratch for the last few games. Simply put I believe Tommy Nield has surpassed him in the lineup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    OV: Brescasin has been a Healthy Scratch for the last few games. Simply put I believe Tommy Nield has surpassed him in the lineup.
    Surpassed him as a "Canadian receiver" ? - and meanwhile Ambles or Banks or that raw rookie (Haydel?) who was useless get playing time? Yeah- i get it; one Canadian starting receiver in Gittens is plenty enough. IMO, this receiving corps after Gittens & Daniels is quite CFL sub-par; and does not have enough size; but perhaps Dinwiddie and his offensive brain-trust do not value big target, large catch radius, solid hands receivers that much, and can't grasp what Nield & Brescacin on the field (both in some looks) could bring? And we;ll see if they grasp what a 2 back attack - rotation for freshness or both on the field - can do, IF Harris is healthy for the big play-off game. And in terms of offensive variety - a few teams this year have gone to the tight end set and a play where the TE releases for a reception and good yardage (Hamilton with Grand-Gauthier, the Stamps with Langlais (TD reception), Riders as well), and the Argos still have Cross who has had success as a receiver before - this concept might be too diverse or complex for this Argo offence though ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Surpassed him as a "Canadian receiver" ? - and meanwhile Ambles or Banks or that raw rookie (Haydel?) who was useless get playing time? Yeah- i get it; one Canadian starting receiver in Gittens is plenty enough. IMO, this receiving corps after Gittens & Daniels is quite CFL sub-par; and does not have enough size; but perhaps Dinwiddie and his offensive brain-trust do not value big target, large catch radius, solid hands receivers that much, and can't grasp what Nield & Brescacin on the field (both in some looks) could bring? And we;ll see if they grasp what a 2 back attack - rotation for freshness or both on the field - can do, IF Harris is healthy for the big play-off game. And in terms of offensive variety - a few teams this year have gone to the tight end set and a play where the TE releases for a reception and good yardage (Hamilton with Grand-Gauthier, the Stamps with Langlais (TD reception), Riders as well), and the Argos still have Cross who has had success as a receiver before - this concept might be too diverse or complex for this Argo offence though ?
    Why did I even bother….

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Why did I even bother….
    Because you ar a SUCKA!!!

Let’s just say I’m glad he’s not responsible for choosing who plays and who doesn’t. We might just see similar results to St FX vs Western.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Why did I even bother….
    ... yeah, why do you bother to watch CFL ball ? Only interested in standard party line babble? - NFL hype might be better for u ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    ... yeah, why do you bother to watch CFL ball ? Only interested in standard party line babble? - NFL hype might be better for u ;o)
    No, he’s just not living in some time warp like you are. Sorry OV, offences sucked in the 70’s. They are way better today. And what the hell does NFL hype have to do with his response? Your pre determined take on non Canadian players is so tiresome. There is no bias. If there was Gittens would be getting 3 targets a game, not leading the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    No, he’s just not living in some time warp like you are. Sorry OV, offences sucked in the 70’s. They are way better today. And what the hell does NFL hype have to do with his response? Your pre determined take on non Canadian players is so tiresome. There is no bias. If there was Gittens would be getting 3 targets a game, not leading the team.
    Just sick of smarmy responses to posts that are about actual football details; "why do i bother" is all the guy can come up with, instead of a reasoned and football specific response: like : " Nield & Brescacin are just not up there with receiver talents like Ambles & Haydel; or, Cross could bring nothing to the offence; or, a 2 back, varied ground game can't work in the CFL " ... but I'm sure u can tell us all those same old CFL things you were taught.

And BTW - you likely know pretty well zip about CFL offences in the 70s, since you weren't watching that entire decade of CFL ball; the offences were wayyyyyy better -more diverse & exciting ... IMO; but stick to defending same old CFL stuff - play-books & roster thinking - you have been led to believe is the only way - you do a fine job of it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Who wants cake?