Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
Still in a state of shock as I write this. I was telling people all week that the Argos would “Surprise” Winnipeg.
Lots of hate for Bede. “Experts” in the media are quick to point out his low FG%. The fact that Dinwiddie has faith in him to attempt longer FGs attributes to that stat. Kicking in the cold was difficult for both kickers last night. His KOs land very deep and he can also Punt at a high level. I hope Bede isn’t “Dumped” in the offseason.

As for Banks, he was brought in to help with the Grey Cup. He did just that. As for his penalty for mouthing off to the official, how often do you see that go uncalled? Glad Speedy got his Ring with the Argos. Lets be happy for that.

Robbie Smith was a Beast last night, but if he doesn’t make that FG block (Yes Angelo V, Leggio shanked it pretty bad), he would be run out of town as well due to a lousy Offsides call, an unfortunate Facemask call and allowing Grant to get a lane on his Punt return TD.

Enjoy the victory. Hopefully the team isn’t faced with a pile of defections and we can enjoy as much continuity as he CFL allows.
Some were saying this is the weakest Kicker matchup in the CFL. I remember Nik Lewis saying Bede is mentally weak.

As for the official, he looked like he was on a power trip throwing that flag and then pointing at Banks.