Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Still in a state of shock as I write this. I was telling people all week that the Argos would “Surprise” Winnipeg.
    Lots of hate for Bede. “Experts” in the media are quick to point out his low FG%. The fact that Dinwiddie has faith in him to attempt longer FGs attributes to that stat. Kicking in the cold was difficult for both kickers last night. His KOs land very deep and he can also Punt at a high level. I hope Bede isn’t “Dumped” in the offseason.
    Four decades ago, if your FG kicker was making 60% of their kicks, that was acceptable. Even going back 15 years, making 70% or so was good enough. Now, the expectations are for 80% plus and Bede was a little short of that this year after a very strong year last year. As you say, nobody attempts more longer kicks than Bede though, as he has the strongest leg in football IMO.

While he didn't have his best game last night, he still made five huge kicks - three FGs and two converts and also added a key rouge on the 36 yarder he missed. I don't blame him for the block, which was a phenomenal play by Hallett as much as anything, and I think the wind was a challenge last night. It would be foolish to move away from Bede IMO.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Four decades ago, if your FG kicker was making 60% of their kicks, that was acceptable. Even going back 15 years, making 70% or so was good enough. Now, the expectations are for 80% plus and Bede was a little short of that this year after a very strong year last year. As you say, nobody attempts more longer kicks than Bede though, as he has the strongest leg in football IMO.

While he didn't have his best game last night, he still made five huge kicks - three FGs and two converts and also added a key rouge on the 36 yarder he missed. I don't blame him for the block, which was a phenomenal play by Hallett as much as anything, and I think the wind was a challenge last night. It would be foolish to move away from Bede IMO.

I'd have to disagree a bit.

Bede has a cannon of a leg, but if he cannot become much more consistent in FG kicking he needs to be replaced at that job IMO; they could find a young kicker with a super accurate leg especially for attempts from 45 and in (like Paredes has been or that young guy the Ticats came up with this year), and still perhaps keep Bede as punter (Haggerty has been very good though) and to do kick-offs or the 55+ yard FG attempts that not many kickers have the leg for. I even believe the kicking game is so important in the CFL I would consider dressing 3 kickers (more important than a 5th string LB who only plays special teams IMO - where was that guy to stop Grant yesterday ;o) ) Bede makes those early FGs in the GC and there was no need for heart-stopping drama that put the game in jeopardy.