Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    You can't just 'get' a new owner like acquiring a new running-back. No one else but MLSE can absorb the losses that are an unfortunate business reality of Argos ownership.
    With the sports betting market becoming as it has, I can see Woodbine entertainment interested, especially if they can get live in game betting booths open in the concourse of the stadium.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Really now, is that so. Funny I recall a bunch of CFL experts saying the BC Lions were doomed with Braley as owner.

"No one else but MLSE" - LOL - are u for real? What, they're your almighty corporate sports business super-heroes ?
    MLSE are no heros, but I don't see the Bob Young, Braley, Cynamon & Sokolowski types jumping to buy the team this time around. I hope I'm wrong, but MLSE ownership is the endgame I'm afraid.

At least the team will be preserved. If the club wins a GC every five years and still can't be marketed, then what are the owners to do other follow the current strategy. The Lions are a different case for a variety of factors in the two markets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    MLSE are no heros, but I don't see the Bob Young, Braley, Cynamon & Sokolowski types jumping to buy the team this time around. I hope I'm wrong, but MLSE ownership is the endgame I'm afraid.

At least the team will be preserved. If the club wins a GC every five years and still can't be marketed, then what are the owners to do other follow the current strategy. The Lions are a different case for a variety of factors in the two markets.

MLSE's effort, or lack of, to promote the Argos and sell tickets is beyond pathetic - brutal, useless, incompetent clowns - and this needs to be stated and understood. The fear that they are more into seeing the Argos fail & fold so they could join-up with a Mickey Mouse US football league is there.

They're a F-ing joke and should F-off away from the Argos.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Speaking of New Era. The champions merch is very underwhelming
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The colors are wrong. Nonetheless, I've bought a hat and the baby blue Mitchell & Ness championship t-shirt.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level

I'm afraid you are letting your TFC/MLSE bias from the past cloud your judgment. Both Montreal and Vancouver had several ownership groups mentioned to buy the clubs and the folks who eventually did purchase the clubs (Spiegel and Doman) were never mentioned by the press. Even stranger was that the media was never able to cover the fact that Doman had been in talks with Braley for years.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    With the sports betting market becoming as it has, I can see Woodbine entertainment interested, especially if they can get live in game betting booths open in the concourse of the stadium.
    I can see those kinds of tie-ins happening in the not too distant future. Edit: That just got me thinking, would it be legal/ethical for a betting concern to own a team that has bets placed upon it.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    MLSE's effort, or lack of, to promote the Argos and sell tickets is beyond pathetic - brutal, useless, incompetent clowns - and this needs to be stated and understood. The fear that they are more into seeing the Argos fail & fold so they could join-up with a Mickey Mouse US football league is there.

They're a F-ing joke and should F-off away from the Argos.
    The alternative to MLSE's current approach is much worse - where would the Argos be playing? The ship is still afloat. There is zero evidence to support your XFL claim and quite frankly that is tinfoil hat thinking. MLSE won't be going anywhere.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    I'm afraid you are letting your TFC/MLSE bias from the past cloud your judgment. Both Montreal and Vancouver had several ownership groups mentioned to buy the clubs and the folks who eventually did purchase the clubs (Spiegel and Doman) were never mentioned by the press. Even stranger was that the media was never able to cover the fact that Doman had been in talks with Braley for years.
    Those teams both have stadium deals in place where new owners can just take over the reigns. What stadium exactly would the Argos be playing in without MLSE, who manages BMO field. Under the current regime they can coordinate use of the facility. There's no way an non-MLSE entity gets the use of BMO field.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Those teams both have stadium deals in place where new owners can just take over the reigns. What stadium exactly would the Argos be playing in without MLSE, who manages BMO field. Under the current regime they can coordinate use of the facility. There's no way an non-MLSE entity gets the use of BMO field.
    It's city owned, how good of optics would it be for MLSE to deny a 150 year old tradition access. I know your TFC guys wouldn't think anything of it but I don't think it would go down elsewhere.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    It's city owned, how good of optics would it be for MLSE to deny a 150 year old tradition access. I know your TFC guys wouldn't think anything of it but I don't think it would go down elsewhere.
    It's city-owned, built with taxpayer dollars, absolutely. But its another hurdle a potential new owner has to navigate if they were to acquire the team. MLSE went to the trouble of retro-fitting the stadium for a CFL field, they are not going to relinquish that easily. This would cause even more scheduling conflicts and tension over the stadium, which I think we can all agree, has come a long way since 2016.