Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What was Tanenbaum supposed to do? Not show up so he could be lambasted for not showing up?

I did like that two players (Banks & Harris) lifted the trophy instead of Tanenbaum being front and centre though.
    It was also nice seeing injured players also be included on the sideline. Not sure if everyone made the trip but Coxie was sitting with a walking boat. So the team didn’t cheap out there. I don’t know if that is the norm?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    It was also nice seeing injured players also be included on the sideline. Not sure if everyone made the trip but Coxie was sitting with a walking boat. So the team didn’t cheap out there. I don’t know if that is the norm?
    I believe that is the norm but I am not 100% sure.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I believe the team brought the entire team, and family a friends and partners. I think three charters were required. I met DaVaris Daniel’s family. Hi father Phillip was there. He played 15 years in the NFL at defensive end with Seattle, Chicago and Washington. DaVaris is surprisingly large.

AJ Ouellette’s wife, mom and dad attended. They shared lots of stories of AJ persistence along the way.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I’m still trying to process what I saw on Sunday night, and I still can’t believe it.

Is there another franchise in any sport anywhere that can match the epic twists and turns of the Toronto Argonaut saga? What other team anywhere toggles between futility, mediocrity, and legendary championship victories on a regular basis?

Like come on, MBT gets knocked out of a game for the first time in 4 years. In the Grey Cup game! So what happens? Chad Kelly comes in and engineers the game winning TD late in the 4th. Whaaaaat?

But what happened to Robbie Smith takes the cake. That’s the stuff of sports legends. The way the Argonauts have won their last two Cups will keep my head shaking till we do it again in 2023 and 2024.

I mean, if anyone’s gonna 3-peat it’s gonna be the team with this kind of magic championship mojo going for it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I believe the team brought the entire team, and family a friends and partners. I think three charters were required. I met DaVaris Daniel’s family. Hi father Phillip was there. He played 15 years in the NFL at defensive end with Seattle, Chicago and Washington. DaVaris is surprisingly large.

AJ Ouellette’s wife, mom and dad attended. They shared lots of stories of AJ persistence along the way.
    Saw the replay again of Ouellette's 1st TD run - he just trucks Adam Bighill who ends up flattened on the ground. Love it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Can you imagine the shitstorm in the media and on fan forums like this if the chair of MLSE didn't even bother to attend the championship game? MLSE deserves lots of criticism for its stewardship of the Argos, but not for this. And I can tell you that the victory party thrown for the team last night was pretty frickin lavish and well done.
    You are right. Of course he should be there as Chairman of MLSE. But I don't have to be happy about it do I? All I meant by my comment is that it took away from the glory of the moment when you see him celebrating and acting as if he was a part of this, when the truth is MLSE probably hasn't been. The fact the players took the trophy for themselves speaks volumes.

And I am glad they threw the Argos a lavish party. They deserve it and it is the least the ownership can do.

Boatman
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    You are right. Of course he should be there as Chairman of MLSE. But I don't have to be happy about it do I? All I meant by my comment is that it took away from the glory of the moment when you see him celebrating and acting as if he was a part of this, when the truth is MLSE probably hasn't been. The fact the players took the trophy for themselves speaks volumes.

And I am glad they threw the Argos a lavish party. They deserve it and it is the least the ownership can do.
    The presence of Tannenbaum reminded me of a story from university where in one of my courses the professor took the students to the campus pub and bought drinks for everyone after the last class. Two fellow classmates I knew attended very few classes but made sure to show up for this last class. Anything to get a free drink, I guess. An interesting aside, this professor happened to be Mike Kerrigan's father-in-law at the time, although I didn't find out this fun fact until a few years after I graduated.

Incidentally, I spoke with my ticket rep today and he indicated that they took 80 members of the organization including him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Saw the replay again of Ouellette's 1st TD run - he just trucks Adam Bighill who ends up flattened on the ground. Love it.
    They didn’t call him “The Bulldozer” in college for nothing!

I love that both of Ouellette’s TD runs went outside the tackles, taking advantage of his sneaky speed. I love that they had plays with both Harris and Ouellette on the field.

We’ve been calling for some variations in the running game, full credit to the coach for the timely and effective new wrinkles. Overall I think it was one hell of a game plan by the Argonaut coaching staff.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post

I would be more concerned if he wasn't there, or was there and looked unhappy that the Argos won.