Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
And the Argos have been 0-5 in everything else dragging down the league. The narrative being if the Argos are failing the league is failing.

I don't want to come across as a troll but most people who don't live in Toronto have a dislike for Toronto. But I want the Argos to do well because if they do well the league does well. Like it or not media and marketing for Canada is based in Toronto and when perceptions are bad for the Argos they are projected on the league.

Mike can put a football team together, that's great but can he put 27k people in BMO on a regular basis. Winning the Grey Cup left me feeling like Canada losing against Belgium, incomplete. Win the championship, but attract no crowds or put out a brilliant effort but still lose. Somebody has to fix that, if Mike's skills are transferable to being commissioner, let him fix the Argos' organization before attempting the league.
Of course, everyone is entitled to to their own opinion.

I am sure if I looked into Mike’s contract it doesn’t say win almost all the season games and championships AND raise the attendance. Eisenhower wasn’t told to win WWII AND do it in record time.

People outside Toronto do dislike Toronto, but I assure you all Canadians know and love “Pinball”. EVERYONE

I think if you gave “Pinball” the task to rebuild the fan base in Toronto too he’d do that. But he wasn’t given that task. We just asked him to win the GreyCup. Don’t move the bar afterwards.