Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
Somebody has to move the needle at Argos HQ first to get crowds where at least the team could be profitable. Sorry if I am going against most people's attitudes towards this but it is what it is.
This statement is true. But IMO, the solution is financial to a large degree. Doesn't matter who gets installed as President, if that person does not have a sufficient enough of a budget to really market the team and move that needle as you say. My future daughter-in-law works in marketing and having come to games with my son, has developed some strong opinions about what could be done to turn things around. But some of these will take money... and time. I am really befuddled that MLSE won't spend a bit more- and be strategic about it- to improve game day attendance, and thus improve profitability, when they seem to have no qualms about throwing money around in other areas of the company. How much money did the Leafs pay David Clarkson NOT to play. There was also a Raptors player, whose name I forget, who was in same position. They paid millions never expecting him to set foot on the court. That is what is so frustrating for me.