Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    It's just not going to happen. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The only reason why a merger was even suggested is because the CFL was on hiatus.
    There were two teams in favour of it Toronto and Calgary IIRC. I believe there was a rift at the BOG between Christmas Tree and everybody else. He was pissed the rest were too stupid not to go along with it. Stern stood up for him publicly out of respect. There was more to it than the league being on hold. If I have any of this wrong please correct me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:

Level

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    There were two teams in favour of it Toronto and Calgary IIRC. I believe there was a rift at the BOG between Christmas Tree and everybody else. He was pissed the rest were too stupid not to go along with it. Stern stood up for him publicly out of respect. There was more to it than the league being on hold. If I have any of this wrong please correct me.
    I'm not saying you're wrong about any of the talks, I'm just saying it's not going to happen.

Heck, the XFL could do well in the upcoming season and that may lead to another round of talks about a merger.

It's still not going to happen though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    It's difficult to envision that bigger crowds would show up in February and March to watch the XFL in Toronto or Calgary. I really don't understand the owners in either of those markets wanting to merge with that league.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It's difficult to envision that bigger crowds would show up in February and March to watch the XFL in Toronto or Calgary. I really don't understand the owners in either of those markets wanting to merge with that league.
    The end game is never to remain a spring league. They always want to take on the giant sooner or later, maybe in the hopes of a merger or a coexistence. Ironically a spring league over the long haul has a better shot at surviving except no one has stayed the course long enough to prove it. Maybe Christmas Tree and the other conglomeration CSEC never got that far in their thinking (playing in spring) but had their eye fixed on that elusive enterprise value.