Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos Free Agency List

Here

Quarterback:

McLeod Bethel-Thompson - he may retire, he may not, we don't know. I'd like Chad Kelly to get the chance to be the #1 in camp, but I think having a veteran would be important. MBT would have to come back with (i) a reduced salary likely and (ii) expectation that he may not be the #1. It kind of sucks though because he got the Argos 95% of the way there.

Running Backs:

Andrew Harris - status up in the air re: retirement, injuries have been a problem the last two seasons
    A.J Ouellette - his re-signing is a priority, IMO.

Would love to see what a Harris/Ouellette backfield could to over a full season, but I'd prefer to use Harris' money elsewhere at this point.

Receiver:

Markeith Ambles
    Juwan Brescacin
    DaVaris Daniels
    Kurleigh Gittens Jr
    Eric Rogers

Kurleigh Gittens Jr is the #1 priority to re-sign on the whole team, but other than Daniels, I don't expect the others to be back.

Offensive Line:

Isiah Cage
    Philip Blake
    Justin Lawrence
    Trevon Tate

I don't think any of these guys are must-signs. I expect Nicastro be back at C for next season. The Argos might prefer to have Churchill backing up Hunter and Bladek at G over Lawrence, but who knows.

Defensive Line:

Ja'Gared Davis
    Fabion Foote
    Shane Ray
    Robbie Smith

How can you not want to re-sign Davis given that all he does is have his team appear in the Grey Cup? I like Shane Ray but he's too injury prone to hang onto at this point. Let's bring back Robbie Smith and have him start full-time.

Linebacker

Brandon Calver
    Wynton McManis
    Henoc Muamba

It goes without saying that McManis and Muamba are guys you want back on this team.

Defensive Back:

DaShaun Amos
    Robertson Daniel
    Chris Edwards
    Royce Metchie
    Shaquille Richardson

Daniel is the only guy I wouldn't want back of this bunch. Richardson and Metchie would be my priorities though.

Kicker:

Boris Bede

He's got to be better than he was in 2022, but why fuck around when finding kickers isn't easy?

Long Snapper:

Maxime Latour

You don't fuck with the long snapper.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Gee Will why does such a nice young man have to have such a potty mouth?

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Because you don't fuck around with the long snapper. Not everyone can look upside down between their legs and snap a football 10-15 yards back to the punter. It's an art form.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is exactly what I came to the forums to look for (I talk far more on Twitter these days). Thanks, Will! I'm always most intrigued by the off-seasons after a Grey Cup. I suppose it's natural to want to see how long they can hold onto their title.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I think that it's important to re-sign Ambles too. He was a key part of that offence this season.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    This is exactly what I came to the forums to look for (I talk far more on Twitter these days). Thanks, Will! I'm always most intrigued by the off-seasons after a Grey Cup. I suppose it's natural to want to see how long they can hold onto their title.
    What also makes it intriguing is how the salary cap plays into decision making. Going all in on a high value player like BLM, limits what you can do elsewhere. This off season will be very interesting. I have confidence in the Argos football ops team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Because you don't fuck around with the long snapper. Not everyone can look upside down between their legs and snap a football 10-15 yards back to the punter. It's an art form.
    I hope Latour returns, but it should be noted that both he and the recently retired Jake Reinhardt entered the CFL as UDFAs. It shouldn’t be that hard for the Argos to find a LS if required.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Has MBT hinted that he may retire? I seen a couple of posts mentioning it, but I don't know if he himself how much longer he would like to play in the CFL?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    What also makes it intriguing is how the salary cap plays into decision making. Going all in on a high value player like BLM, limits what you can do elsewhere. This off season will be very interesting. I have confidence in the Argos football ops team.
    I can't see the Argos signing BLM, in part because of what it may cost them.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I hope Latour returns, but it should be noted that both he and the recently retired Jake Reinhardt entered the CFL as UDFAs. It shouldn’t be that hard for the Argos to find a LS if required.
    There are a lot of good long snappers available, just not in season. Long snapping has become a lot easier since the pro leagues put in a rule prohibiting the defence from lining up over the centre in kick formation.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I can't see the Argos signing BLM, in part because of what it may cost them.
    Hamilton will sign him. They didn't give up draft picks to not sign him. The only question is how much will it cost them.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    There are a lot of variables to consider this off-season especially the future playing plans of MBT, Harris and perhaps others. There are always a few players who opt for retirement that we don't consider.

As for the resigning of Argo free agents, these are the priorities in my mind:

DeVaris Daniels
    Kurleigh Gittens Jr.
    AJ Ouellette
    Phillip Blake
    JaGared Davis
    Robbie Smith
    Wynton McManis
    Henoc Muamba
    All the DB's except Daniel

I would include Bede in there but I think that the Argos ought to bring some competition to camp, even draft a kicker in the Canadian draft. Andrew Harris, I have a feeling will retire and perhaps even Muamba and Blake too (although his experience and versatility were tremendous assets for the O-line this year).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm led to believe that Philip Blake may want to play next year. BTW, it is generally not known but Blake played with a broken hand in the latter part of the season and in the post season games.

Boatman
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:

Level
    Much of the speculation into MBT is going to be determined by what the Argos entice him with to return. This is directly tied to their valuation on Kelly. Kelly is likely into his 2nd and last year of his deal. Hes going to want game time to either put on tape to entice other contract offers next year, or an opptunity to prove to the Argos that he deserves an extension.

MBT by my guess isn't going to start fresh and over on another team (Barring a West Coast one like the Lions, who have the the number 1 spot up for grabs if Rourke signs in the NFL, then it would be an open competition between MBT and Vernon Adams - I believe) given his connections and commitments to California.

I can't see the Argos making MBT more than a 1 year offer - a raise on last year but not Grey Cup Winner - lead our team for the next 3 seasons kind of money. That being said, maybe MBT may have already "checked out" potentially having considered such a scenario which may force a retirement decision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Hamilton will sign him. They didn't give up draft picks to not sign him. The only question is how much will it cost them.
    Bo's going to drive the price up by going to free agency and testing the market. If he does end up signing with Hamilton, it will be at the cost of money they'd rather have spent elsewhere. What a shame.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    I'm led to believe that Philip Blake may want to play next year. BTW, it is generally not known but Blake played with a broken hand in the latter part of the season and in the post season games.
    I do remember him getting banged up mid-season now that you mention it, but once he missed little (or no) time I forgot about it until you just brought it up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I do remember him getting banged up mid-season now that you mention it, but once he missed little (or no) time I forgot about it until you just brought it up.
    You have to tip your hat to both Blake and Dejon Allen who both played out of position this year (Allen prefers to play left tackle) but played incredibly well. Blake, in particular, had always played guard or centre so that move to left tackle was huge but he performed admirably. Both of those tackles played much of this season injured.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    You have to tip your hat to both Blake and Dejon Allen who both played out of position this year (Allen prefers to play left tackle) but played incredibly well. Blake, in particular, had always played guard or centre so that move to left tackle was huge but he performed admirably. Both of those tackles played much of this season injured.
    Maybe they slide Allen over the LT for 2023? I believe that 80% of the OL is set with Allen, Bladek, Nicastro & Hunter. What remains to be seen if Shane Richards can finally stake a claim to one of the tackle spots.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Absolutely agree. They are hosting next year's Grey Cup and have not won since 1999. There is no question they will go all in with BLM in an all out effort to finally win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Bo's going to drive the price up by going to free agency and testing the market. If he does end up signing with Hamilton, it will be at the cost of money they'd rather have spent elsewhere. What a shame.
    A real shame. I am feeling sad about it already..... NOT!!