Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
An excellent breakdown of potential talent by Ben Grant. As he mentions, some of these players (Korte-Moore, Murphy, Taylor and even Cormier) could be picked up before the Argos get to make their selection. I would add Ringland to that list. He has good size, speed, explosiveness and has played well in U Sport football. He injured his knee on the last day of the combine so he may be passed over if he can't start the season. If he is available at#27, I'd grab him.
Good to see him identify receiver and safety as possible Argo thinking; can't possibly see need for further good ole Canadian O-line "depth" so hopefully they steer clear there; and with a real deep crop at safety this draft, there should still be a very good prospect at #27. Like to see it be Cormier but I think he and Taylor will both be gone by then; but there's still Ringland or Jaxon Ford or Jake Kelly if they choose to make safety the 1st priority. If it's receiver I believe both Clark Barnes and Murphy will be gone by #27, so Daniel Perry (better set of Combine test#s than Gittens had) should likely be around then. And even if they go another position with the #27, I believe there would still be a good safety pick at #36 or 45 even (like Windsor big DB MacDougall or possibly Laval's Max Lavallee - didn't get invited to the Main Combine, but a real play-making DB, IMO).

Argos are very deep in Canadian talent now IMO, so it might be tough for any new guys, especially mid round picks, to crack the roster; but history shows that the CFL draft will often feature diamonds/ solid talent in the mid or even later rounds; smart scouts will find them.