Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And they chose to dress that Brinkman guy (with so little experience in Canadian football) on the D-Line for the GC game over Dionte Knight; and Brandon Banks and his brutally bad under 50% catches to targets season, over Brescacin who had played well when given a chance in the end of season game. Is what it is with the GOBs - like I said: always max. number or Americans and minimum number of Canadians on their rosters.
    To be fair, Brinkman played well in the Grey Cup game.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Great question. I guess we'll need to look at the roster and see who meets the criteria.

This is the rule, as I understand it: "By definition, a nationalized American is a player starting his sixth season in the CFL or fourth with his current club. Most of them are already starters."

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/canadian-football-leagues-roster-ratio-stood-out-as-contentious-bargaining-is

On the current roster, I think only Cage, Daniels and Ouellette would qualify.
    I'm sure the coaching staff have given thought to how they might address this issue.

The likely "true" Canadians that will start are Metchie, Williams and Smith on D and Hunter, Nicastro, Bladek, Gittens and Harris on offense. This would mean the team can start 8 "true" Canadians. If I might be so bold, I'd suggest Quellette be designated as Canadian which would allow the coaches to rotate Harris and Quellette, whenever they wish, without having to make any other alterations to the roster to keep the "8 Canadian" rule.

The coaches may have more and better approaches but this is a possible example of how the "pseudo Canadian" rule could be utilized. Hopefully the use of the "pseudo Canadian" term doesn't offend anyone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Ouellette must have some French Canadian blood in him somewhere with a last name like that.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You're reaching Paul. I'm also glad that you know 100% that he wasn't injured most of last season. Maybe he wasn't really injured most of '21 or '19 in Calgary either.
    Seriously, as I said we're coming off the best back to back years this team has had in a long time. Show a little faith that they know what they are doing.
    If you've read any of my non-Brescacin contributions to this thread, you would know I have expressed plenty of faith in mgmt. That doesn't mean I have to support everything they do, no matter how many great years we have. Just as I don't think you have to (or do) support everything mgmt does. Unless you are now telling us how strongly you supported the signing of Brandon Banks a year ago? Or is that a reach, too?

And yes, I do know 100% that Brescacin was not injured most of the time in 2022. I have no idea what his health was like in previous years.

I have no interest in arguing with you, AV, but I'm going to continue to form my own opinions on any move this team makes. Most of the moves it has made the last two years have been good ones. Not every one, though.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Chris Edwards a Hamilton Tiger Cat.

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/14/h...chris-edwards/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Probably wants to find those fans of theirs so he can finish the fight.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Probably wants to find those fans of theirs so he can finish the fight.
    All hugs and kisses at this point.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If you've read any of my non-Brescacin contributions to this thread, you would know I have expressed plenty of faith in mgmt. That doesn't mean I have to support everything they do, no matter how many great years we have. Just as I don't think you have to (or do) support everything mgmt does. Unless you are now telling us how strongly you supported the signing of Brandon Banks a year ago? Or is that a reach, too?

And yes, I do know 100% that Brescacin was not injured most of the time in 2022. I have no idea what his health was like in previous years.

I have no interest in arguing with you, AV, but I'm going to continue to form my own opinions on any move this team makes. Most of the moves it has made the last two years have been good ones. Not every one, though.
    No, I still wish that Banks was never signed. IMO he also contributed nothing to the team. And they moved on from him, just like they did Brescacin. Sorry, I don’t consider the odd TD as being a major contributor. Banks probably cost them more TD’s than he helped them score. Truth be told, I wanted Brescacin in the line up all year. As I did Eric Rogers. But I can see why they moved on from all these guys. Brescacin has made some spectacular catches over his career, but they have been few and far between. Might he have a bounce back season? Maybe. But I’m not expecting it. I think he will be a depth receiver.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Arguing on Valentine's Day leaves yourself open to Valentine's Day-themed jokes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Arguing on Valentine's Day leaves yourself open to Valentine's Day-themed jokes.
    xoxoxo
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Wish the Argos have brought him back; can contribute to the receiving corps and was formerly a very good ST cover guy (why Ottawa did not use him in either capacity last season is very questionable IMO).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Argos get DE Thomas Costigan - wow - guy is very under-rated and a top notch young DE IMO; idiot Jones in EE gave up on the guy when he would have easily have been the best DE on the team last season; and then he goes to the Als where he is treated as a back-up behind some Als' mediocres ? Hope the Argo D coaches do not under-rate this guy. Him & Robbie Smith + Orimolade playing lots of reps at DE and the Argos will have the best set of young DEs in the league IMO. Thank gawd to (hopefully) no more Charleston Hughes old vet recycling jobs.
    The Argos have created excellent depth at DE. Additionally, the players are all young with great upside. Smith (25) and Orimolade (27) should be starters. Barlow(25) was a solid performer in the latter half of last season. Fayed (23) has excellent athletic ability. Costigan (25) comes highly recommended. Johnson (23) a rookie with good size and explosive speed. Knight (23) has untapped potential.

There should be fierce competition at training camp and some talented players may not make the team.

New Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by angelov View Post
    probably wants to find those fans of theirs so he can finish the fight.
    i am glad they moved on from this crazed player. He should have been cut mid season last year> head case 101.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The Argos have created excellent depth at DE. Additionally, the players are all young with great upside. Smith (25) and Orimolade (27) should be starters. Barlow(25) was a solid performer in the latter half of last season. Fayed (23) has excellent athletic ability. Costigan (25) comes highly recommended. Johnson (23) a rookie with good size and explosive speed. Knight (23) has untapped potential.

There should be fierce competition at training camp and some talented players may not make the team.
    And IMO, moving on from J. Davis (one of the best DEs in the CFL a few years ago IMO, but did not seem as strong with the Argos last season) and Shane Ray (flashed talent but inconsistent plus injury issues) should be no problem.

Costigan (i was so impressed by him when he first played for the EE as a rookie) & Oirmolade are potential great adds as push rush forces. Be interesting to see how Dionte Knight fits in - hope they do not give up on him with all the other D-line talent to consider. Imagine if Argo draft pick Luiji Vilain ran out of NFL luck and decided to report to the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I'm definitely much less troubled by him playing for anyone other than Hamilton, but Sask does play us twice this year. I bet he has TD Atlantic circled as his first opportunity to show Dinwiddie he has more to offer than the coach seemed to think.
    I will be surprised if Brescacin starts in that game.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Wish the Argos have brought him back; can contribute to the receiving corps and was formerly a very good ST cover guy (why Ottawa did not use him in either capacity last season is very questionable IMO).
    At this point in his career, at age 31, he is a special teams player and a good one at that; however, I don't see him getting a lot of time at receiver anywhere at this point. The Argos have younger players like Brissett who can do the same job and potentially more.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    At this point in his career, at age 31, he is a special teams player and a good one at that; however, I don't see him getting a lot of time at receiver anywhere at this point. The Argos have younger players like Brissett who can do the same job and potentially more.
    Yep - doubt he plays much or any receiver for the Ticats, who will likely roll with a National at wide-side WR (Ternowski perhaps) as part of their 7 only need apply package. He's no lock to even make their team, but they were wise to at least sign him, and maybe he could still be a force as a ST tackler, plus depth receiver.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    What I really think this thread could use is more discussion about a journeyman, National receiver.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Maybe because he isn’t considered a very good receiver. His drops to catches ratio really wasn’t very good as an Argo.