Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I like the CFL and NFL pretty equal. Last seasons, I would give the NFL the edge. The NFL is no longer the boring game that many associate with the typical stereotypes. I agree with the statement that if someone doesn't like the CFL, then they don't really like football and I would even say the opposite is true also. I find CIS extremely boring and NCAA only barable. The Toronto Argonauts ,however, are my fav sport team and I would watch an Argos pre-season game over the Superbowl anyday, LOL.
    I liked the CFL more since I was 11 or 12 because I always thought it was more authentic, but used to love watching the NFL playoffs during the Christmans Holidays when I was even younger. My first football game that I remember watching on TV was the 1977 Grey Cup, the Ice Bowl or the Staple game in Montreal when I was 7. Since that was the last CFL game for the year, I remember watching the NFL playoffs late that same year. Took me a little while to realize the 3 down and 4 down thing. I just thought the NFL allowed 3 downs and a punt and never viewed the punt as a down.

It all depends on the excitement of any game...NCAA can be very overated, sure there some great games, but there usually one-sided with one big club like Ohio State creaming a minnow that can't attract the best players from all over 63-3.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I liked the CFL more since I was 11 or 12 because I always thought it was more authentic, but used to love watching the NFL playoffs during the Christmans Holidays when I was even younger. My first football game that I remember watching on TV was the 1977 Grey Cup, the Ice Bowl or the Staple game in Montreal when I was 7. Since that was the last CFL game for the year, I remember watching the NFL playoffs late that same year. Took me a little while to realize the 3 down and 4 down thing. I just thought the NFL allowed 3 downs and a punt and never viewed the punt as a down.

It all depends on the excitement of any game...NCAA can be very overated, sure there some great games, but there usually one-sided with one big club like Ohio State creaming a minnow that can't attract the best players from all over 63-3.
    You get those 63-3 games early in the season most of the time when Ohio State is playing Middle Oklahoma Valley Tech A&M State University on purpose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    When I played high school football in Scarborough in the late 80s it was 4 downs, but Canadian rules otherwise. We used to frequently practice, and even sometimes employ during games, an onside man during punts, and even the long forgotten quick kick on non-final down plays. It worked more often than you would think. It was learning about rules like that, which turned me into a primarily Canadian football fan. I still like the NFL though. They are some really amazing athletes. Too bad they play a boring, highly contrived game.

I sometimes wonder what the Canadian game would look like presently, if we didn't decide to so closely imitate the American game. I wonder if we would have ever had the woes we've experienced, given that if the game were much more different than the American game than it is now, there wouldn't be this notion that the CFL is just a lower tier of the NFL. It would instead stand strongly alone as a truly Canadian game, run by mostly Canadians and fielded by mostly Canadians.