Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Here's a couple I remember from my childhood:

John Sciarra played two years for the Lions and six years for the Eagles. Memories are a funny thing, I remember him as a QB but he barely played there after being the starting QB at UCLA.

In 1976 he was 8/31 passing for the Lions which might explain the below:

Wikipedia - John Sciarra signed a two-year contract with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League on May 26, 1976. He was converted to Slotback early in the season and had 34 receptions for 563 yards. He earned the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie Award in 1976.

Sciarra played 6 years with the Eagles (1978-1983) as Defensive Back, Punt Returner, and was named Most Valuable Player for Special Teams in 1979 and 1980

Joe Pisarcik played three seasons for the Stamps, three for the Giants, and five for the Eagles. He was the starting QB for his first two years with the Giants until Phil Simms took over. Pisarcik was backup to Ron Jaworski for the Eagles.

Wikipedia - He began his NFL career with the New York Giants and is best remembered for his role in the November 19, 1978, game where the Giants, ahead 17–12 with only seconds to play and their opponent out of time-outs, lost after his handoff (a play called by offensive coordinator Bob Gibson over Pisarcik's objections) to Larry Csonka was fumbled and returned for a touchdown by Herman Edwards of the Philadelphia Eagles.

The play has since been referred to as "The Fumble" by Giants fans and "The Miracle at the Meadowlands" by Eagles fans, and it was instrumental in making the Quarterback kneel (also known as "taking a knee") a routine play for running down the clock at the end of a game.
    Last edited by bannedforlife; 01-16-2023 at 04:06 PM.