Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
There is no reason not to play each team twice in a 9 team league. You then play Hamilton your natural rival a third time, and another divisional opponent a third time (alternating Ottawa and Montreal)every other year. 4 times is too much. I thought they did this in 2022 to save money post covid. AND the Argos should be playing Winnipeg in WEEK ONE.
my 2 cents.

With unbalanced divisions, creating a "balanced" schedule creates unbalance.

The results have been clear - Since Ottawa has come back in the league with a "Balanced" Schedule there was a crossover every year except 1?

If you go further than that, statically there is a better chance for a team from the west crossing over. Almost nil for an east team. I brought this up here with Math before Ottawa came back to the league as a case for keeping Winnipeg in the east for a few years.

You can blame shitty east teams, but there was numerus examples of an east team missing out by 1 game during the crossover era.

Simply put, western teams had more opportunity to beat up on shitty east teams than east teams did. And as we saw last season, the chance to an "unbalanced" schedule allowed Hamilton who was fair behind to string a few wins (also vs Western Team) and make the playoffs.