Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Lack of mental toughness and a me-first attitude, for starters.
I understand those concerns about Fajardo but still have hope that he can change in the right situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
The uncertainty of our QB situation is somewhat concerning. It appears there is a fairly reasonable chance that MBT may retire. If that does occur and Kelly attracts any interest from an NFL team, we will have no experienced QB on the roster. Yes, I realize the chances of Kelly flying off to the NFL are not high but the possibility exists.

If MBT does return there is a good chance Kelly, who strongly wants to be a starter, will ask to be traded. If MBT retires and Kelly becomes the team's starter, the team will need a good backup. In either case the Argos will likely need to sign a QB with at least some CFL playing experience.

Caleb Evans, Shiltz and even Prukop are free agents who might fit the bill if they are not signed by their present teams. However, the most experienced QBs who should be available are Dane Evans and Fajardo. Both come with some baggage but both have demonstrated the ability to be a winning QB in the past. Both have, admittedly, shown a lack of mental toughness. However, Fajardo (sorry Paul) would be my choice. There is a proviso, however that either could be attained without giving up very much in a trade. If either of their teams play hard ball and demand too much in return in a trade, I'd go out on a limb and try to trade for Tre Ford.
You acknowledge that chances are not strong that we would lose Kelly to the NFL. I will go one step further and say that the chances of Kelly landing an NFL contract this off-season are non-existent. He is simply not on that league's radar.

I think that we will have some clarity on the QB situation within the next week or so. If MBT decides to return, great; if he doesn't, then it is Kelly's job to lose. If it's the latter case, then the Argos should sign another veteran QB. I am intrigued with the idea of bringing Michael O'Connor back myself but Cody Fajardo could be a decent fit behind Kelly, although I absolutely understand Paul's concerns.