Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Lack of mental toughness and a me-first attitude, for starters.
    I understand those concerns about Fajardo but still have hope that he can change in the right situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The uncertainty of our QB situation is somewhat concerning. It appears there is a fairly reasonable chance that MBT may retire. If that does occur and Kelly attracts any interest from an NFL team, we will have no experienced QB on the roster. Yes, I realize the chances of Kelly flying off to the NFL are not high but the possibility exists.

If MBT does return there is a good chance Kelly, who strongly wants to be a starter, will ask to be traded. If MBT retires and Kelly becomes the team's starter, the team will need a good backup. In either case the Argos will likely need to sign a QB with at least some CFL playing experience.

Caleb Evans, Shiltz and even Prukop are free agents who might fit the bill if they are not signed by their present teams. However, the most experienced QBs who should be available are Dane Evans and Fajardo. Both come with some baggage but both have demonstrated the ability to be a winning QB in the past. Both have, admittedly, shown a lack of mental toughness. However, Fajardo (sorry Paul) would be my choice. There is a proviso, however that either could be attained without giving up very much in a trade. If either of their teams play hard ball and demand too much in return in a trade, I'd go out on a limb and try to trade for Tre Ford.
    You acknowledge that chances are not strong that we would lose Kelly to the NFL. I will go one step further and say that the chances of Kelly landing an NFL contract this off-season are non-existent. He is simply not on that league's radar.

I think that we will have some clarity on the QB situation within the next week or so. If MBT decides to return, great; if he doesn't, then it is Kelly's job to lose. If it's the latter case, then the Argos should sign another veteran QB. I am intrigued with the idea of bringing Michael O'Connor back myself but Cody Fajardo could be a decent fit behind Kelly, although I absolutely understand Paul's concerns.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Fajardo is easily the best of those mentioned if healthy, though I'd be really concerned about his knee. Caleb Evans and Prukop are turnover machines. Dane Evans can't keep emotions in check. Schlitz might actually be the best option for a backup.

I'm assuming O'Connor will stay in BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Fajardo is easily the best of those mentioned if healthy, though I'd be really concerned about his knee. Caleb Evans and Prukop are turnover machines. Dane Evans can't keep emotions in check. Schlitz might actually be the best option for a backup.

I'm assuming O'Connor will stay in BC.
    I think I read BC have signed 2 new American QBs? I'll bet O'Connor is done there and perhaps in the CFL altogether; the Lions could sign Pipkin still as #2 behind Adams and then develop one of the new young guys.

QBs like Shlitz or Prukop are 3rd stringers at best; much rather develop a new guy over proven mediocres. Caleb Evans beat the Argos last season running that pop-gun RedBlacks offence; he's still young and could develop into a solid starter IMO - i'll bet the RedBlacks go with him behind Masoli over average at best Arbuckle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    So if Mitchell gets 500K+ in Hamilton after losing his job in Calgary, if MBT decides he wants to play in 2023, what is he worth after winning a GC as a starter?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't know contract situation ...would think Riders would likely bend over backwards to sign MBT ? He would likely get best deal with them if he is interested ? Not sure he would like the media attention out there ... hoping he returns with us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    IMO the chances of him signing in Regina are zero. If he had to spend another season apart from his loved ones, why would he do it in a city with no direct flight connections to anywhere other than Calgary and Winnipeg? And I don't see his partner being interested in bunking down in the middle of the Prairies for six months.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    IMO the chances of him signing in Regina are zero. If he had to spend another season apart from his loved ones, why would he do it in a city with no direct flight connections to anywhere other than Calgary and Winnipeg? And I don't see his partner being interested in bunking down in the middle of the Prairies for six months.
    From what I understand he was apart from his family for most of the 2022 season. She is going to be in California regardless due to her professional commitments, so why would it make a difference where MBT played? It is the major reaso he is contemplating retirement—being away from family. Having said that, I want him back here.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    From what I understand he was apart from his family for most of the 2022 season. She is going to be in California regardless due to her professional commitments, so why would it make a difference where MBT played? It is the major reaso he is contemplating retirement—being away from family. Having said that, I want him back here.
    Yes, he was apart from his family for most of the season, and I would bet he is not planning to ever do that again. You can't get back a kid's age 2 year (or any year in a kid's development). If, as you suggest, his partner will be in California, do you really think he would choose to be in the CFL city from which it is hardest to get to California?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes, he was apart from his family for most of the season, and I would bet he is not planning to ever do that again. You can't get back a kid's age 2 year (or any year in a kid's development). If, as you suggest, his partner will be in California, do you really think he would choose to be in the CFL city from which it is hardest to get to California?
    The possibility of more money and a fresh start with a new and larger fan base who won't torture him. I don't think it's out of the question.

I hope he stays with the Argos, just playing devil's advocate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    The possibility of more money and a fresh start with a new and larger fan base who won't torture him. I don't think it's out of the question.

Make no mistake, so do I. I just think it's extremely unlikely.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

The pressure is greater in Saskatchewan though.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It does appear MBT is going to retire. It would have been exciting to see him go head to head with BLM but it does not seem to be in the books. The only team I could see MBT signing with is BC. It is the closest city to his family in California and there are direct flights. Doubt it will happen but maybe a remote possibility.

Glad to see Smith re-signed, now hopefully Gittens Jr will be next.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It does appear MBT is going to retire. It would have been exciting to see him go head to head with BLM but it does not seem to be in the books. The only team I could see MBT signing with is BC. It is the closest city to his family in California and there are direct flights. Doubt it will happen but maybe a remote possibility.

Can't see MBT signing in BC when they have Adams as the starter - they're not going to pay starter money for 2 QBs and I really doubt they would view MBT as an upgrade. The only real options for MBT to return and get starter buck$, is IMO back with the Argos or in QB desperate Rider land - if he has the ego and really wants a challenge, helping improve the Riders where he would be the center of attention in a spot where CFL football matters so much more, might tempt him?

Could also see him signing in the USFL - maybe - but they don't have any teams close to California and the pay is way less (i think?) than he could get as a CFL starter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level

Would MBT, at this stage of his career want to play for a Riders team that is in turmoil? Dickenson was only retained due to the “Operations Cap”,(Good move Randy) the OC wasn’t near the top of the hiring list, and the O-line is in shambles. Doesn’t sound very tempting. He has a good situation in Toronto if he does in fact resume his playing career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Make no mistake, so do I. I just think it's extremely unlikely.
    I think it is very likely MBT plays football in 2023 and definitely think the Argos are a strong possibility.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Based on what? See Farhan's tweet below, and granted that's speculation. I wish he'd make up his mind though.

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Based on what? See Farhan's tweet below, and granted that's speculation. I wish he'd make up his mind though.
    Yep enough with the drama!

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    McLeods Instagram story from last night makes it seem like the plan is to play as well. We shall see

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    McLeods Instagram story from last night makes it seem like the plan is to play as well. We shall see
    I saw that as well, I’ve said all along I think he’ll be back.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I saw that as well, I’ve said all along I think he’ll be back.
    Couple of things he has to consider, it should be an open competition to be the starter between him and Kelly. Second is if MBT is the starter and things aren't going well, Dinwiddie may be quicker to make a change. And we've seen MBT doesn't always handle that well.