Threaded View

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Did all those things. I haven't run into anyone since I was a kid who knows what knife baseball is (maybe there are some people here who know). My brother and I lost the old man's knife through a hole in a pier playing knife baseball. As I like to say, he was too pissed to speak on the drive home.

I came from a big family and we were trained not to ask for anything: no birthday or grading presents like the other kids. My friend "Adolf" would always get a grading present, a new bike etc. I asked my mother why I don't get a grading present and she said "We expect you to grade". A ten year old isn't equipped to battle logic like that

Christmas was big for us. Contradictingly (if that's a word) because we never asked for anything, on the rare occasions I did ask for something I got it. On two birthdays I asked for two things on the list above: a skateboard, and the infamous Cox PT19 control line trainer.

The skateboard was about $30 in the mid/late 70s (a fair sum). It was fibreglass (all my friends had soft plastic cheaper boards) so I caught up and surpassed them. I even was able to get the black grip tape to go with it Was never into comics but did get skateboard mags for a while. Had a great article on how to build a halfpipe (be the first on your block) but being so young I figured the snow in the winter would rot the wood so I didn't bother. The thing was huge though, not a little ramp.

I was kinda impatient so I couldn't figure out how to fly the airplane so we took it back. I always kind of regretted that.
    Last edited by bannedforlife; 02-08-2023 at 02:49 PM.