Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level

Milanovich back in the CFL

"Senior assistant coach" on the Ticats staff.

Also, Jeff Reinebold has returned as Ham's STC.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    They have every outward appearance of a team that is trying its best to be in a home town Grey Cup match.

I hate this and I really hate that I am depending on a roster of QBs with less than 100 snaps between them to stop it from happening.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    They have every outward appearance of a team that is trying its best to be in a home town Grey Cup match.

I hate this and I really hate that I am depending on a roster of QBs with less than 100 snaps between them to stop it from happening.
    Amen brother!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Start planning the parade route in the Hammer; recycling GOB hacks a sure-fire path to the GC ...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Start planning the parade route in the Hammer; recycling GOB hacks a sure-fire path to the GC ...
    OV that's crazy talk. You used to rail against that kind of philosophy. The Tiger Cats will as far as Bo-Levis arm will carry them. It is a high risk, high reward approach. It's a bold strategy Cotton...we'll see how it pays off for them.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    OV that's crazy talk. You used to rail against that kind of philosophy. The Tiger Cats will as far as Bo-Levis arm will carry them. It is a high risk, high reward approach. It's a bold strategy Cotton...we'll see how it pays off for them.
    Re-charge the batteries on your sarcasm meter. ;o)

Pusssycats are going nowhere fast with a dumb coaching staff, counting on washed-up Bo; and over-paying for a bunch of over-rated FAs. Book it !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Re-charge the batteries on your sarcasm meter. ;o)

Pusssycats are going nowhere fast with a dumb coaching staff, counting on washed-up Bo; and over-paying for a bunch of over-rated FAs. Book it !
    How many times does Randy have the Argos play Hamilton this year...10? I'm not sure why we can't go back to every team home and away and we play 2 divisional opponents 3 times, and of those would be your largest rival. Playing Hamilton 3 times is perfect. Home Opener, Labour Day and Thanksgiving. And of course in the playoffs is the cherry on top in any season.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    How many times does Randy have the Argos play Hamilton this year...10? I'm not sure why we can't go back to every team home and away and we play 2 divisional opponents 3 times, and of those would be your largest rival. Playing Hamilton 3 times is perfect. Home Opener, Labour Day and Thanksgiving. And of course in the playoffs is the cherry on top in any season.
    I'd prefer that as well, but both Ham and Tor want two visits from the rivals from a business/ticket-sales standpoint, so four games is likely baked in for the foreseeable future.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level

I share your concern, looking to see what Chad Kelly can do but no safety net if he struggles or gets injured.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

I think Hamilton has done a good job this off season.
    I also think adding both Milanovich and Reinbold will help big time but they now have 13 coaches on their bloated coaching staff.
    Last edited by Argo57; 05-11-2023 at 06:29 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

New Fan
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not worried. If trends remain relevant, Bo will play with Hamilton for only 2 years and then play 3 more for Ottawa, winning a Grey Cup in 2027 and retire from football. In all honesty I don't know if Bo is even at the same level as Henry Burris was when he left Calgary. We'll just have to find out during the preseason and home opener games.
    Section 224 Row 4

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallz38 View Post
    I'm not worried. If trends remain relevant, Bo will play with Hamilton for only 2 years and then play 3 more for Ottawa, winning a Grey Cup in 2027 and retire from football. In all honesty I don't know if Bo is even at the same level as Henry Burris was when he left Calgary. We'll just have to find out during the preseason and home opener games.
    Bo was never at the same level as Burris; maybe superior at pocket poise and decision making on the whole, but Burris had a way stronger arm, plus had good mobility and could run / scramble when necessary, which Bo just can't.

Burris had a great game to help the RedBlacks win that GC (and had some pretty good receivers) - getting to the GC thru not the greatest play-off opponents; maybe Bo can duplicate that - I wouldn't bet on it - and not when he has Condell battling it out with Scotty M to see who's the dumbest and most predictable offensive mind there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level

No reason to be concerned. Don't forget that the Ti-Cats were once owned by Harold Ballard, so no doubt the same curse hanging over the Leafs is hanging over them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    "Senior assistant coach" on the Ticats staff.

Also, Jeff Reinebold has returned as Ham's STC.

I guess this is Orlando looking after the guy that gave him a coaching shot while Milanovich was HC in Toronto. I guess his opportunities in NFL had dried up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Interesting that the Ti-Cats have room for so many coaches. I counted 13 coaches on staff. Pretty sure that teams are only allowed up to 11 coaches as per the link below from 3DN (so it might not be accurate).
    They also have some coaches that sure didn't come cheap, so not sure how they are staying under the 2.5M management cap. I guess they are willing to take any fines that come their way in a year that they are hosting the Grey Cup.

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/24/c...n-2023-report/

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Also, looking at last years staff, Tommy Condell was listed as Assistant head coach as well as OC and QB coach. I guess with Milanovich taking the role of assistant HC now, Condell is demoted to just OC? If the Cats get off to another slow start this season as they have the last 2, I think you might see some changes. Would the move Milanovich to OC? Would Steinauer relinquish his HC position and concentrate on his position of President of football ops? They have a lot of pressure to perform this year.

BTW, this thread should be moved out of the double blue room and into the Ti-Cats thread in the CFL room.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Also, looking at last years staff, Tommy Condell was listed as Assistant head coach as well as OC and QB coach. I guess with Milanovich taking the role of assistant HC now, Condell is demoted to just OC? If the Cats get off to another slow start this season as they have the last 2, I think you might see some changes. Would the move Milanovich to OC? Would Steinauer relinquish his HC position and concentrate on his position of President of football ops? They have a lot of pressure to perform this year.

BTW, this thread should be moved out of the double blue room and into the Ti-Cats thread in the CFL room.
    Condell is still listed as the Assistant HC while Milanovich is the “Senior Assistant Coach” but your points are accurate.
    Milanovich will no doubt have a lot of influence on the Hamilton offence which will help them.
    One thing Hamilton does better than any franchise is give out fancy job titles.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions