Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

And Now for Something Completely Different

Stan Klees: The Man Behind Cancon and Why It Had to Happen
    Julijana Capone amplify.nmc.ca December 6, 2014

I don't know why all through this I was reminded and compared this to the CFL, but it did.
    It's the story of if you build something rather than crap on it, it can grow and be something special.

This part really resonated with me

While major radio stations eschewed the Canada-centric publication, RPM caught on with many of the smaller-reach stations.

“Those stations are what saved RPM. They started to believe,” says Klees. “The major stations had the money to hire these experts who would tell them what to play. Management (at major stations) used to take RPM and put it in the garbage or send it back ‘NOT WANTED,’ so they wouldn’t see what was happening in Canada. They wanted to play the U.S. hits.”

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    Stan Klees: The Man Behind Cancon and Why It Had to Happen
    Julijana Capone amplify.nmc.ca December 6, 2014

I don't know why all through this I was reminded and compared this to the CFL, but it did.
    It's the story of if you build something rather than crap on it, it can grow and be something special.

This part really resonated with me

While major radio stations eschewed the Canada-centric publication, RPM caught on with many of the smaller-reach stations.

“Those stations are what saved RPM. They started to believe,” says Klees. “The major stations had the money to hire these experts who would tell them what to play. Management (at major stations) used to take RPM and put it in the garbage or send it back ‘NOT WANTED,’ so they wouldn’t see what was happening in Canada. They wanted to play the U.S. hits.”
    Great article. Thanks for posting!

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Whoever moved this without identifying themselves, I may have posted in the wrong forum meaning it to be the most viewed forum but my intention was not meant to post an interesting article on Stan Klees for people to read. This is meant to refer to similar issues and spur discussion regarding the CFL so it should be in the CFL forum, it was not meant to be "sociable" Please could you move it.