Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Glad we didn’t bother Angelo, 4:00pm on Victoria Day didn’t excite me plus factor in the drive to and from we couldn’t be bothered.
    Diehard fan as most on here are but they really have no clue how not to alienate their fan base.
    I contemplated attending from Stratford but so glad I didn’t. Feel for those faithful that made the long trip for basically nothing. Each year I expect that maybe things will improve for those who still love this team (yes Gabe what ever happened to Fan Day) but it seems the lack of effort gets worse each offseason.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I contemplated attending from Stratford but so glad I didn’t. Feel for those faithful that made the long trip for basically nothing. Each year I expect that maybe things will improve for those who still love this team (yes Gabe what ever happened to Fan Day) but it seems the lack of effort gets worse each offseason.
    It really is a shame Dean, diehards showing the interest to travel to this scrimmage for nothing?
    Sucks to say this but the Tiger Cats are head and shoulders ahead of the Argonauts when it comes to staying engaged with their fans, their events are very well advertised, organized and very well attended.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    There is absolutely no excuse to mess up the times on this today. Hour+ drive for half hour of scrimmage. Love this team, but they really are their own worst enemy.
    You guys spent a holiday traveling to Guelph to see the scrimmage only to arrive late because they changed the time without telling anyone?

If that's the case you guys deserve an apology, at the very least. That's not fair.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:

Level
    It really is a shame Dean, diehards showing the interest to travel to this scrimmage for nothing?
    Sucks to say this but the Tiger Cats are head and shoulders ahead of the Argonauts when it comes to staying engaged with their fans, their events are very well advertised, organized and very well attended.
    Agreed. Hamilton is only 45 minutes away yet it is a different CFL world.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    You guys spent a holiday traveling to Guelph to see the scrimmage only to arrive late because they changed the time without telling anyone?

If that's the case you guys deserve an apology, at the very least. That's not fair.
    I passed by Pinball as I was leaving and expressed my disappointment. He was very apologetic, but still, a very bad look.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I passed by Pinball as I was leaving and expressed my disappointment. He was very apologetic, but still, a very bad look.
    Yeah that's a bad look. I'm sorry that happened to you guys I would have not been happy.

I suppose it would have been nice to hear an apology from Pinball himself, but I would still be a little steamed. It doesn't get your time back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah that's a bad look. I'm sorry that happened to you guys I would have not been happy.

I suppose it would have been nice to hear an apology from Pinball himself, but I would still be a little steamed. It doesn't get your time back.
    I wasn’t happy, but at the end of the day, I still spent time with my brother and 2 friends, so it wasn’t all that bad a day.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    As for the scrimmage itself, the offense ran rather crisply I thought. Kelly is clearly the most consistent of the QB's while the others show some flashes and at other times some not so good flashes. Daniels looks ready to go this season!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Mike Hogan has interesting TC articles on "Mr. Pick 6" and Adarius Pickett and on the return of Pete Nicastro, who missed part of the 2022 season due to a knee injury.
    https://www.argonauts.ca/2023/05/21/...a-perfect-fit/

https://www.argonauts.ca/2023/05/22/...-the-all-star/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Glad it’s not just me then. I double checked to see if the Argos or Hogan tweeted anything in case they changed it and nothing. I remember the days when I was a kid at UTM and this had excitement/buzz, met the players afterward, fans welcomed on the field. My days of getting autographs and getting up close are over so it doesn’t bother me but this game just didn’t have the same buzz that it used to. I think a weekend fan event would’ve been more exciting. IIRC they did Oshawa and Burlington but were in the rush to get out since they were bussed. This is not my CFL lol.
    Didn't this game draw over 40k back in the 1970s? Incredible!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Didn't this game draw over 40k back in the 1970s? Incredible!
    It was an actual full 60 minute game back then where they broke it up as 2 teams in full uniforms. Today, it's just game situations that they practice with officials on the field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The ownership and business management situation with this team sucks. This football team deserves so much better than what they get in terms of support and visibility in this market. And at this time with MLSE dealing with their issues with their other 3 teams the Argos will have even less of their owners non existent attention.
    Argo fans are great. The few we have are the most supportive, vocal and best in the league. We need to channel our passion towards this ownership group and demand change. Not a co-President. A standalone President. Pinball. That's all they need to do and they can go away and fret over their other poorly run teams.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    The ownership and business management situation with this team sucks. This football team deserves so much better than what they get in terms of support and visibility in this market. And at this time with MLSE dealing with their issues with their other 3 teams the Argos will have even less of their owners non existent attention.
    Argo fans are great. The few we have are the most supportive, vocal and best in the league. We need to channel our passion towards this ownership group and demand change. Not a co-President. A standalone President. Pinball. That's all they need to do and they can go away and fret over their other poorly run teams.
    This particular topic is always a frustrating one for me. On one hand, I agree with everything you are saying.

On the other hand, if Pinball doesn't get the job, then we are back to yelling at clouds. We always talk about how this team needs an ownership group with deep pockets who is super passionate about the Argos and will usher in a new age of glory, but these people just do not exist in the world right now.

So when we talk about ownership not doing their jobs, it just feels like we are all banging our heads off the wall.

Before even advertising comes into play, MLSE needs to instruct their media outlets to at least report on and talk about the CFL as if it is on the same level as every other sport. That to me would go a longer way. People in Toronto know the Argos exist, the perception of the CFL overall needs to change. Once that is achieved, anything is possible beyond that.

Our problem isn't that most people are unaware of the Argos, it's that they hate or feel ashamed by the Argos. Just advertising a lot isn't going to move the needle. You have to deprogram generations of people and MLSE is the only entity that can do that.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    This particular topic is always a frustrating one for me. On one hand, I agree with everything you are saying.

On the other hand, if Pinball doesn't get the job, then we are back to yelling at clouds. We always talk about how this team needs an ownership group with deep pockets who is super passionate about the Argos and will usher in a new age of glory, but these people just do not exist in the world right now.

So when we talk about ownership not doing their jobs, it just feels like we are all banging our heads off the wall.

Before even advertising comes into play, MLSE needs to instruct their media outlets to at least report on and talk about the CFL as if it is on the same level as every other sport. That to me would go a longer way. People in Toronto know the Argos exist, the perception of the CFL overall needs to change. Once that is achieved, anything is possible beyond that.

Our problem isn't that most people are unaware of the Argos, it's that they hate or feel ashamed by the Argos. Just advertising a lot isn't going to move the needle. You have to deprogram generations of people and MLSE is the only entity that can do that.
    There in lies the key, at least the part about deprogramming generations of people.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:

Level

We know MLSE does not prioritize the Argos. They are 4 out of 4 on their depth chart of. That's okay. Just appoint the ideal President (Michael Clemons) and he will allocate the operations budget as he sees fit. That budget amounts to less than what MLSE will spend on their highest paid player for any of their 3 other teams. It's inconsequential to them - a rounding error. They don't have to care, need to care or want to care. Let the football team operate itself independently within the MLSE framework with its own President. The combined football and operations budget will be less than what the Maple Leafs will be signing Auston Matthew's for long term per year. Not sure why they can't sign off on this. With enough belly aching from 5,000 Argo fans they would do this just to shut us up.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    With enough belly aching from 5,000 Argo fans they would do this just to shut us up.
    If you are starting some sort of movement or call to action, then count me in.

Boatman
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    We know MLSE does not prioritize the Argos. They are 4 out of 4 on their depth chart of.
    It could be 5 out of 5 or 6 out of 6 depending how things shake out in the next 12 months.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Glad we didn’t bother Angelo, 4:00pm on Victoria Day didn’t excite me plus factor in the drive to and from we couldn’t be bothered.
    Diehard fan as most on here are but they really have no clue how not to alienate their fan base.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I would have really felt bad if the 2 of you came out, since I tried to organize it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    There in lies the key, at least the part about deprogramming generations of people.
    It always amazes me to see how many people HATE the Argos/CFL on social media. It isn't like they are just ignorant of the Argos/CFL, but they feel threatened by it.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It always amazes me to see how many people HATE the Argos/CFL on social media. It isn't like they are just ignorant of the Argos/CFL, but they feel threatened by it.
    Great insight. I am too puzzled how frequent someone feels the need to comment “who cares” or something derogatory. Does that mean they read the article and then spent their time commenting on it? Such funny/weird behaviour towards something they don’t like. Some people can’t handle that there is a sizeable amount of CFL fans. What are they threatened by? Are we going to break down their door and paint them double blue?