Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Questions from Pre-Season

1) Do you need to sign a Pipkin, Prukop or O'Connor? None of Chad Kelly's backups illicit confidence.

2) Do you need to consider bringing Shaq Richardson back? Priester and Daniel have unknown statuses right now, Carnell is out for a bit and poor Stiggers got picked on tonight.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    1) Do you need to sign a Pipkin, Prukop or O'Connor? None of Chad Kelly's backups illicit confidence.
    Cameron Dukes can play(will need seasoning) Get O'Conner signed ASAP.

2) Do you need to consider bringing Shaq Richardson back? Priester and Daniel have unknown statuses right now, Carnell is out for a bit and poor Stiggers got picked on tonight.
    Let's see what shakes out after final cuts across the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

I think they need to look at bringing in someone with experience at QB, be it any of the 3 you mention. I would also keep Dukes around as a development guy. I wonder what the deal with Richardson is. I would love to think he had an agreement to miss TC, and then sign. They should really consider signing Patrick Levels if Daniel and or Priester are out. Mind you, the secondary started of slow last year too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think Levels may be a bad locker room guy. Decent cut him loose 2 or 3 days into training camp. That speaks volumes because he is a good, veteran player on a team that was at the bottom. Not sure why we never signed Shaq Richardson back. After the losses our secondary took in the office he was a piece we needed back and still do.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    We definitely could use a backup QB with experience. I think Scott is a good prospect. Dukes might develop into a player but it will take at least a year before he pays dividends. I don't see Holmes surviving the cuts this weekend.

Going into the year with just Scott behind Kelly is a big risk. Someone who has faced CFL defences before would be a useful addition, clearly.

As for Shaq, obviously we would all like him back. If he's still looking to play and the money works, let's hope we find a way to get him signed.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Another area to ponder is LT because Shane Richards suffered an injury yesterday, and Trevon Tate and Isiah Cage were already out of the lineup.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Prukop is under contract with NJ of the USFL. He isn’t even able to get on the field there, so if he were available I just don’t see him being any better than Scott, who may have an upside. Shaq Richardson? Who is that? No media is even discussing why he or O’Conner are FAs.

Hopefully the Argos aren’t stricken by injuries again this year but it’s not starting off great.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Prukop is under contract with NJ of the USFL. He isn’t even able to get on the field there, so if he were available I just don’t see him being any better than Scott, who may have an upside. Shaq Richardson? Who is that? No media is even discussing why he or O’Conner are FAs.

Hopefully the Argos aren’t stricken by injuries again this year but it’s not starting off great.
    The earliest Prukop could be available is June 19, after the USFL season ends. That assumes both that his team does not make the playoffs, which end July 1, AND that the Generals would agree to release him from his USFL deal to go to the CFL. That is by no means a sure thing. USFL players are automatically released if they get NFL deals, but not for deals from "competing" leagues. The Generals would have to have agreed when they signed him to let him return to the CFL.

IMO Argos are going to roll with Kelly, Scott and one or two "futures" guys, and hope Kelly stays upright.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    If the Argos defense can show they are as good as last season, I would feel a lot more confident overall, even if Kelly gets injured.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    If the Argos defense can show they are as good as last season, I would feel a lot more confident overall, even if Kelly gets injured.
    If Kelly gets injured they are in a world of hurt regardless of how good the defence is.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Prukop went to the USFL for the exact purpose of getting playing time. Mike Riley's New Jersey team is really struggling right now so perhaps they will go back to Prukop at some point.

Expecting the media to cover the Argos in any more than a very surface way is expecting too much, I am afraid.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    Cameron Dukes can play(will need seasoning) Get O'Conner signed ASAP.

Let's see what shakes out after final cuts across the league.
    You guys calling for O'Connor to be signed by the Argos are dreaming I'm afraid; with the resumes of the QBs they have in camp besides Kelly it's obvious this Argo brain-trust wants nothing to do with Canadian QBs (wouldn't take one if it was "poured on them" - credit (as turd down used to say) that clown Roy Shivers). They will have the choice of a bunch of other team cuts' and maybe they scoop a decent prospect. This Argo team went into TC with one of the weakest / most limited QB depth chart resumes in league history likely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You guys calling for O'Connor to be signed by the Argos are dreaming I'm afraid; with the resumes of the QBs they have in camp besides Kelly it's obvious this Argo brain-trust wants nothing to do with Canadian QBs (wouldn't take one if it was "poured on them" - credit (as turd down used to say) that clown Roy Shivers). They will have the choice of a bunch of other team cuts' and maybe they scoop a decent l prospect. This Argo team went into TC with one of the weakest / most limited QB depth chart resumes in league history likely.
    Can’t argue with this, Argos taking a huge gamble entering the season with basically no experience at QB.
    They better hope Kelly plays as advertised and stays healthy or all of their good work in assembling this roster will be wasted.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Tre Ford or Michael O'Connor would look good in double blue.....sorry single blue
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Tre Ford or Michael O'Connor would look good in double blue.....sorry single blue

Coulda drafted Ford if there was real interest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    They better hope Kelly plays as advertised.
    I think he’s gonna play as advertised and more. I think all the hard work he’s put in is showing. When you combine gifted athletic ability with dedication and commitment to the craft, good things usually happen.

I sat a couple of rows behind the bench at the Guelph game, and I watched him spend most of the game on the tablet, sometimes with the other guys around but a lot of time just alone, studying. I was surprised to learn he worked with a famous QB guru in the off-season. He’s as prepared for the job as any newcomer could possibly be.

His physical skills are off the charts. Excellent footwork, exceptional arm strength, and IMO a better release than half the starters in the NFL. It is lightning fast.

On the TSN Preview show Jim Barker said Kelly “sees the field differently than anyone else”, and it reminded me of that Brescasin highlight reel play last year. I don’t know what was more amazing: Kelly running for his life towards the sidelines, actually SEEING Brescasin 50 yards downfield in a crowd? Or subsequently hitting him with a near-perfect pass?

He’s also a born leader. It was fun to watch him at the Guelph game, when he wasn’t on the tablet, working his way through all his teammates on the sidelines, like any good leader does. He obviously picked up some things from Mac. He was the first guy out of the tunnel after half time and maybe that’s gonna be his thing too, for what it’s worth.

This is going to be fun. I know folks around here tend to frown upon Argos swagger talk, but I see an MOP season and the best Argo QBing since 1997. What’s a fan site for if not a little crowing? So shoot me!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think he’s gonna play as advertised and more. I think all the hard work he’s put in is showing. When you combine gifted athletic ability with dedication and commitment to the craft, good things usually happen.

I sat a couple of rows behind the bench at the Guelph game, and I watched him spend most of the game on the tablet, sometimes with the other guys around but a lot of time just alone, studying. I was surprised to learn he worked with a famous QB guru in the off-season. He’s as prepared for the job as any newcomer could possibly be.

His physical skills are off the charts. Excellent footwork, exceptional arm strength, and IMO a better release than half the starters in the NFL. It is lightning fast.

On the TSN Preview show Jim Barker said Kelly “sees the field differently than anyone else”, and it reminded me of that Brescasin highlight reel play last year. I don’t know what was more amazing: Kelly running for his life towards the sidelines, actually SEEING Brescasin 50 yards downfield in a crowd? Or subsequently hitting him with a near-perfect pass?

He’s also a born leader. It was fun to watch him at the Guelph game, when he wasn’t on the tablet, working his way through all his teammates on the sidelines, like any good leader does. He obviously picked up some things from Mac. He was the first guy out of the tunnel after half time and maybe that’s gonna be his thing too, for what it’s worth.

This is going to be fun. I know folks around here tend to frown upon Argos swagger talk, but I see an MOP season and the best Argo QBing since 1997. What’s a fan site for if not a little crowing? So shoot me!
    Kelly looks to have all the tools to succeed but time will tell.
    ”Best Argo QBing since 1997”, I think Damon Allen, Ricky Ray and Cleo Lemon may have something to say about that!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    As for Shaq, obviously we would all like him back. If he's still looking to play and the money works, let's hope we find a way to get him signed.
    Shaq pretty much confirmed in a Twitter conversation the other night with Derek Dennis that he has been priced out of the league. It seemed like he was inferring that Dennis was too, but 3DownNation mentioned on their podcast this week that Dennis showed up for camp out of shape.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Shaq pretty much confirmed in a Twitter conversation the other night with Derek Dennis that he has been priced out of the league. It seemed like he was inferring that Dennis was too, but 3DownNation mentioned on their podcast this week that Dennis showed up for camp out of shape.
    I find it hard to believe that the Argos, much less every other CFL team couldn’t find a way to sign a top end, consistent DB like Shaq Richardson. Seems like he never existed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I find it hard to believe that the Argos, much less every other CFL team couldn’t find a way to sign a top end, consistent DB like Shaq Richardson. Seems like he never existed.
    It reminds me of Akwasi Owusu-Ansah disappearing from the Argos and CFL after winning the Grey Cup in 2017.