Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    If Chad Kelly was on any other team, especially the Cats, Josh Smith would be anointing him the next Dieter Brock. I don’t understand why so many are undermining Kelly. I think his expectations have been tempered, we all know he’s got a big task ahead of him and there’s bound to be some struggles, yet we’re all excited it’s been good so far.
    I agree with this.
    Kelly looked good last night and has a ton of promise but will undoubtedly have to work through some rough patches this season, all necessary part of the process.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I don't take any stock into what he is saying because it is clearly coming from a point of misery.

With that mentality, he could be in for a long season.
    Correct on that. As per his words Kelly played fine. 3 TD's, 0 INT's, and a win. I'll take 17 more of those!! He needs to look close at his team, BLM has been horrible to start, teammates are fighting each other, and he want's to put down Kelly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, that was a fun game and a good start to the defending of the title!

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I watched McFadden's hit on Tim White. I can see where White would be frustrated, but McFadden read that play perfectly. Ternowski didn't even have a chance to block him, let alone whiff on a block.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I watched McFadden's hit on Tim White. I can see where White would be frustrated, but McFadden read that play perfectly. Ternowski didn't even have a chance to block him, let alone whiff on a block.
    Earlier in the game, Cam Phillips got blown up on almost the exact same play. He just got up and went back to the huddle. Didn’t look for who missed the block to tear a strip off him. That’s what coaches do when the team goes over the film. Duke Williams was also mouthing off at Ternowski there.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Earlier in the game, Cam Phillips got blown up on almost the exact same play. He just got up and went back to the huddle. Didn’t look for who missed the block to tear a strip off him. That’s what coaches do when the team goes over the film. Duke Williams was also mouthing off at Ternowski there.
    Yeah - that incident did not look good on the Ticats team; however, did notice that White was first guy over to congratulate Ternowski on his superb toe tap TD grab at the end of the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Just read his article, this guy comes off like a bitter pant load with absolutely no objectivity.
    3 Down is filled with homers who know little about the CFL; buy & sell their homer team hype and have zero knowledge of other teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    It was a good win for the Argos but then any win against the Ti Cats is a good win. Daniel (DB) had an excellent game and it was a relief to see him playing injury free. When the Argos went to a 3 man DL, they were still able to put consistent pressure on Mitchell. The Argo DL seemed to get stronger as the game progressed. With Stiggers playing such a strong game, it will be difficult for him to be removed from an active playing role. Peters coming back and Stiggers playing well ---a good problem to have. Knight, who is now listed at 290 lbs, had good playing time on the interior of the DL. At one time, some considered him a candidate for the 1st overall choice for the 2022 draft. Looks like he is starting to live up to expectations.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    With Kelly looking good - strong arm & accurate (bomb to Coxie was real nice) - it would be nice to see a real burner in the Argo receiving corps to give Kelly a real deep threat to show off that strong arm. Nobody with great speed in that current corps; Coxie maybe solidified himself as a starter with that strong hands game, but he and Phillips are hardly real fast (their Pro Day 40 times suggest that) - Daniels actually has the fastest 40 time from Combine type testing, and he can get deep and so can Gittens, but ... maybe Byrd or somebody else in the wings gets a shot at that role - need a Rocket ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    I guess my only disappointment was not seeing more new wrinkles in the offence to take advantage of Kelly’s skill set. The QB draws were nice, and the RPOs look crisp, and there were some promising misdirection runs, but I was kinda hoping for more of a new look on offence. In a Dan Ralph interview this spring, Dinwiddie talked about creating some plays with Kelly releasing the ball at different points outside the pocket, but we didn’t see any of that on Sunday. Maybe it’s still in the works.

Just as a side note, I thought it was pretty ridiculous to send Cam Dukes out for goal line offence. It looked like Kelly’s little brother coming out to give it a go. Kelly is one of the best in the business at this play, why mess with it? Are they trying to save him wear and tear, while still calling his number on QB draws? I like Dinwiddie a lot, but sometimes he leaves me scratching my head.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    3 Down is filled with homers who know little about the CFL; buy & sell their homer team hype and have zero knowledge of other teams.
    Very true OV, unfortunately it undermines any of their credibility.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I guess my only disappointment was not seeing more new wrinkles in the offence to take advantage of Kelly’s skill set. The QB draws were nice, and the RPOs look crisp, and there were some promising misdirection runs, but I was kinda hoping for more of a new look on offence. In a Dan Ralph interview this spring, Dinwiddie talked about creating some plays with Kelly releasing the ball at different points outside the pocket, but we didn’t see any of that on Sunday. Maybe it’s still in the works.

Just as a side note, I thought it was pretty ridiculous to send Cam Dukes out for goal line offence. It looked like Kelly’s little brother coming out to give it a go. Kelly is one of the best in the business at this play, why mess with it? Are they trying to save him wear and tear, while still calling his number on QB draws? I like Dinwiddie a lot, but sometimes he leaves me scratching my head.
    We wondered the same thing on that goal line play, Dukes was too upright and got no push at all.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    It was a good win for the Argos but then any win against the Ti Cats is a good win. Daniel (DB) had an excellent game and it was a relief to see him playing injury free. When the Argos went to a 3 man DL, they were still able to put consistent pressure on Mitchell. The Argo DL seemed to get stronger as the game progressed. With Stiggers playing such a strong game, it will be difficult for him to be removed from an active playing role. Peters coming back and Stiggers playing well ---a good problem to have. Knight, who is now listed at 290 lbs, had good playing time on the interior of the DL. At one time, some considered him a candidate for the 1st overall choice for the 2022 draft. Looks like he is starting to live up to expectations.
    Argos front seven was relentless the whole game, IMO one of the best performances start to finish in recent memory.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Knight, who is now listed at 290 lbs, had good playing time on the interior of the DL. At one time, some considered him a candidate for the 1st overall choice for the 2022 draft. Looks like he is starting to live up to expectations.
    Definitely Knight's coming-out party. Smith also looked good in the second half after not rotating in too often in the first half. He seems to get stronger as games go on.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I'm pretty sure we saw only a fraction of the playbook on Sunday. One thing we did see (and didn't see much last year) was the two-back look. The way Ouellette and Harris were deployed when out there together was creative and challenging for the defence.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    With Kelly looking good - strong arm & accurate (bomb to Coxie was real nice) - it would be nice to see a real burner in the Argo receiving corps to give Kelly a real deep threat to show off that strong arm. Nobody with great speed in that current corps; Coxie maybe solidified himself as a starter with that strong hands game, but he and Phillips are hardly real fast (their Pro Day 40 times suggest that) - Daniels actually has the fastest 40 time from Combine type testing, and he can get deep and so can Gittens, but ... maybe Byrd or somebody else in the wings gets a shot at that role - need a Rocket ?
    So who would you sit? We already have a surplus, with Ambles waiting in the wings. I like Byrd, but when everyone is healthy I see him as fifth among American receivers, behind Daniels, Ambles, Coxie and Phillips. Coxie is faster than you think, IMO. He got behind guys a few times last season. IMO when Ambles comes back, the most likely to sit is Phillips -- and to be clear, I really like Phillips.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    White also got into it with Kiondre Smith.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes, Kiondre was trying to calm him down.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Tim White also was quick to congratulate Ternowski on his TD….you know, the one he scored in garbage time haha.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Tim White also was quick to congratulate Ternowski on his TD….you know, the one he scored in garbage time haha.
    Which was probably the right thing to do from their team's perspective.

You have to admit that the catch Ternowski made was impressive.