Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
I have to disagree. Fan 590 coverage was disrespectful with McCowan always telling us how the CFL was minor league. Then they all snickered on his program, with Toronto listening in. I will never forgive Rogers for letting them do this. When you look at total numbers of players available in all the sports it seems NCAA football has more players then all the other sports combined with fewest selected in both leagues, throw in the best from U sports and you have the makings of a solid league. NFL cut enough for 5 more leagues following same ratio guidelines as the CFL. I Found the info about player numbers when I did a search asking NCAA players to turn pro.
I’ve listened to Bob since high school, almost 30 years. He has been a huge Argonauts supporter and fan through most of those years, thanks to Shakey. Attending games, promoting the team on his show. I was also saddened when he turned his back on the team and the league almost overnight purely out of spite. He wasn’t included in the 2012 Grey Cup committee. There’s a little more to it involving owners C and S, but that’s the main reason.