Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    There's no need to bait any professional athlete, IMO. It's fine to hate a team, but the guys who are putting their health on the line for our entertainment don't deserve abuse. The "B.C. sucks" chant that erupted briefly in the fourth quarter came as a bit of a surprise since there has never been any kind of a true rivalry between these two teams, 1983 and 2004 notwithstanding.

On an unrelated note, it was great to see the Dictator and Mrs. Dictator conducting your section in Go Argos Go. Our row was also bellowing it out.
    I did not engage in that "BC Sucks" chant but I was surprised to see the Argos players on the bench encouraging it. I don't believe in harassing opposing players, I agree.

One thing that is certain is the Argos and the Lions do not like each other. With the way the standings are going, it looks like a new rivalry is brewing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    P.S.

Shout out to Trayvon Tate! After a long time off with injury, he fills in for Isaiah Cage against a very good Dline. Team doesn't miss a beat. I didn't notice Tate the entire game, and thats a good thing.

A couple Vernon Adams receptions were plain awful on the replay. Don't know what he was looking at. Is VA Pete Rosing it? Is he Shoeless-Joe-Jacksoning it???

Very importantly... are we all going to pretend we didn't see the huge zit beside Dinwiddie's nose at the post-game presser??? My goodness... *dry heaving sound*... if one of the players had that zit, and they went in on a play with the 11 other players, the refs would flag us for too many men... that zit should have had its own headset on the sidelines...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    On an unrelated note, it was great to see the Dictator and Mrs. Dictator conducting your section in Go Argos Go. Our row was also bellowing it out.
    Thank you. The Section 123 Choir is improving with every game. I keep wanting to bring in a sign with the words - and a bouncing ball, like a tennis ball on a stick or something - but I don't know what the trick is to get a big sign past security.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I did not engage in that "BC Sucks" chant but I was surprised to see the Argos players on the bench encouraging it. I don't believe in harassing opposing players, I agree.

One thing that is certain is the Argos and the Lions do not like each other. With the way the standings are going, it looks like a new rivalry is brewing.
    I thought the BC sucks chant was a little unusual as well. Heck, it's hard enough to get a Ticats suck chant going during most home games against Hamilton.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I thought the BC sucks chant was a little unusual as well. Heck, it's hard enough to get a Ticats suck chant going during most home games against Hamilton.
    Should be expected when a number of players take a cheap shot late in the game trailing by double digits.

As for heckling the players, I have no problem with it within reason, as long as it’s not too personal. I know quite a few players that have played in the league and they have no issue with it. Just don’t take it to the level where it can become physical or obscene. Keep it clean and there is no problem.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level

And thanks to the schedule this is the only time they play BC unless in the GC or a cross over playoff. They only play Winnipeg once as well. Ridiculous. Need to play each team home and away.
    Only playing BC and WPG once each this Argo team could rack up a big win total this year.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Definitely wanted Toronto to win, but kind of felt bad for Vernon Adams and the six interceptions. Matt Dunigan on the TSN panel was saying that VA was making bad decisions and I have to agree, on a couple of those interceptions he didn't seem to be throwing to anyone or just throwing into a group. Kind of a shame as VA looked impressive in his first two games. But also kudos to the Argos defence which once again played a great game!!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Argos being 3-0 and heading into their second bye week of the season has to be a real head scratcher
    How about this...Argos have all their 3 Byes in the 1st 10 weeks of the season, and NONE in the final 11 weeks. That will be 11 straight games without any break, to end the season.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    and 4 games out of 18 against HAMILTON??!!??

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm still trying to process what I just saw. This is the football team that I cheer for? There must be some mistake. I really can't remember the last time the Argos have looked this good.
    ASWER : 1996 and 1997, check the stats, both 15-and-3

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    That's ridiculous, I would rather see them play both BC and Winnipeg more than once that watch endless games against Hamilton!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Personally, I love this. As long as it's not in a 5 game span like last year.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    ASWER : 1996 and 1997, check the stats, both 15-and-3
    Ah yes, how could I forget? I suppose with all the youth summer camp, peewee hockey and trips to the dentist, I must have been too busy to remember those great seasons.

Anyone remember Woodstock? Those were the days.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level

I would bet a lot of money that Kwamou will be more useful covering kicks and blocking on returns than either Haydel or Byrd would have been.
    If I had a lot of money I might take that bet. The receivers are surely faster, and that definitely counts on STs.

But let’s assume for the sake of argument that all 3 players are relatively equal ST players. Common sense says if that’s the case, you go with the player who can also make more of an impact on regular downs, and that’s more likely to be WRs #6 and #7, and not LB #6.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

Dinwiddie called a good game, but thought he was a little aggressive at times. Maybe I'm risk averse, but there's some situations I would've kicked and he went for it.
    That’s funny I thought he was too conservative as usual. I don’t understand 3rd and 2 at BC 46 and not trying a 53-yd field goal with a big wind at Bede’s back. And then to try the BS draw-them-offside charade and give up 5, to me it’s a lack of aggressiveness and confidence.

Things look fantastic this year, but I’m still waiting for some improvements in RD’s in-game decision making. Whether it’s this kind of thing, or the Cam Dukes fiasco, or his shortcomings with the challenge flag, I’m hoping he can do better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm still trying to process what I just saw. This is the football team that I cheer for? There must be some mistake. I really can't remember the last time the Argos have looked this good.
    We Argo fans have been rained on for so long we forgot what the sun looks like. Bask in it fellas!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    If I had a lot of money I might take that bet. The receivers are surely faster, and that definitely counts on STs.

But let’s assume for the sake of argument that all 3 players are relatively equal ST players. Common sense says if that’s the case, you go with the player who can also make more of an impact on regular downs, and that’s more likely to be WRs #6 and #7, and not LB #6.
    Here's the thing -- I don't assume that, even for the sake of argument. They play a position that rarely has to tackle, and neither guy is all that big. Some receivers are excellent on kick coverage (e.g. Noel in his prime) but I think it's extremely unlikely that Haydel or Byrd would make a better contribution on specials than Kwamou would, and I imagine Mickey Donovan made that case in the lead up to last week's roster decision. It's worth noting that we scored a punt-return TD on Monday, so whatever personnel decisions were made would seem to have been the correct ones. And again, I think basing special-teams roster moves on which guys might make the biggest impact on offence or defence is wrong-headed. Special teams is its own thing, and personnel decisions should be made accordingly. If the rosters were still in the 30s, it would make sense to load up on guys who can best contribute in more than one area. But with 45 men on the roster, we can afford a few guys who go only one way except in an extreme emergency.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Thank you. The Section 123 Choir is improving with every game. I keep wanting to bring in a sign with the words - and a bouncing ball, like a tennis ball on a stick or something - but I don't know what the trick is to get a big sign past security.
    You may not have noticed that they actually put the words up on the video board this week!
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You may not have noticed that they actually put the words up on the video board this week!
    I did not in fact notice that! Thank you, Argos game day crew, for this worthwhile initiative. It is, IMHO, a great song and the late bandleader Dal Richards, Member of the Order of Canada, and the song's composer Johnny Burt, would be pleased.

btw: http://bit.ly/argosong if you need a refresher on the Official™ Gestures
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    4 games out of 18 against Hamilton??!!??
    vs.
    Personally I love this.

Some people look at Monday night games and grumble and think drawing up the schedule should be easy, but this is a great example of why it's a challenge: even the home team's fans can't agree on how often we should play Hamilton, let alone what day of the week.
    Faster + Louder = Better