Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I really liked the saturday time slot... Think its easier for most fans especially if they travel a long distance ... Sunday most people need to get things ready for work or School.... I think the crowd size was good.. to me thats more important at this point. No league can compete against Hockey on a saturday night in Canada...

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    I really liked the saturday time slot... Think its easier for most fans especially if they travel a long distance ... Sunday most people need to get things ready for work or School.... I think the crowd size was good.. to me thats more important at this point. No league can compete against Hockey on a saturday night in Canada...
    I know TV is king but a 1:00 kickoff with the Western game starting later would be nice. Can get home and watch the game in its entirety.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I know TV is king but a 1:00 kickoff with the Western game starting later would be nice. Can get home and watch the game in its entirety.
    IMO a necessity if you are going to play on Saturdays. Going head to head with HNIC is suicide and the TV ratings for the west semi prove that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    The crowd sizes for last weekend's Saturday games were virtually the same as a year ago on Sunday.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    We know Argos crowd will be bigger, Bombers will likely be about the same. I do think the league and TSN will strongly consider 1 and 430 start times next year.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    We know Argos crowd will be bigger, Bombers will likely be about the same. I do think the league and TSN will strongly consider 1 and 430 start times next year.
    They have to make the calculation as to whether a primetime Saturday game draws better than a late afternoon one. The Saturday night game would make much more sense if CTV was simulcasting it, as they do for the NFL playoffs, but, sadly, that is not the case. By the way, it's not like CTV has great programming in its lineup on Saturday either.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I do think the league and TSN will strongly consider 1 and 430 start times next year.
    I hope so. Makes the most sense to do it that way.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    They have to make the calculation as to whether a primetime Saturday game draws better than a late afternoon one. The Saturday night game would make much more sense if CTV was simulcasting it, as they do for the NFL playoffs, but, sadly, that is not the case. By the way, it's not like CTV has great programming in its lineup on Saturday either.
    CTV is a total joke IMO; the great purveyor of American junk/pulp culture up here; their bean-counters who wouldn't know football from frisbee, flocking to show NFL games that are already available up here anyways, just to sell commercial$, while they ignore the chance to broadcast Canadian football - a historic sport in this country. But them and their "share-holders" quest for dollar$ is never to be questioned. Bring on some more Masked Singer & Dancing With The Stars type garbage though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    CTV is a total joke IMO; the great purveyor of American junk/pulp culture up here; their bean-counters who wouldn't know football from frisbee, flocking to show NFL games that are already available up here anyways, just to sell commercial$, while they ignore the chance to broadcast Canadian football - a historic sport in this country. But them and their "share-holders" quest for dollar$ is never to be questioned. Bring on some more Masked Singer & Dancing With The Stars type garbage though.
    CTV has to be on the table during the next TV rights negotiation. Cord cutting is eating into even the major networks as well, but if they are going to remain on conventional TV - Bell has to step up and put the CFL on TSN and CTV. Either they are a partner or not.
    GO ARGOS!!!