Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I will be stunned if McCune comes out for Pottinger. He had a great game on Saturday and he knows Jones' schemes inside out. Anyone want to bet that McCune is pulled so Mann can dress this week? I just don't see it happening under any circumstance other than McCune coming down with a (real) injury.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
    Boy Calgary looked good tonight, i would hate to be playing them next week ??
    I thought you were a Ti-cats fan? Kind of odd to be trolling after your team got worked over at home.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Umm...you do realize that your team is in B.C, right? If Saskatchewan put up 43 in your stadium, I'm thinking B.C might be 50 point favourites on Friday.
    That would require him to have some kind of intelligence.

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    I thought you were a Ti-cats fan? Kind of odd to be trolling after your team got worked over at home.
    I am a CFL Fan, TC is my initials of my name !!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I will be stunned if McCune comes out for Pottinger. He had a great game on Saturday and he knows Jones' schemes inside out. Anyone want to bet that McCune is pulled so Mann can dress this week? I just don't see it happening under any circumstance other than McCune coming down with a (real) injury.
    Sorry - didn't see that "great" game by McCune, but yeah he was in on some tackles; but he is familiar with Jones and going to be favored over Pottinger; Mann will be favored over Watt too - and as for Mann's career stats - he's played lots in the CFL and had tons of passes thrown his way and not put together even close to an excellent CFL receiving season IMO - he has dropped lots of passes though.

Rather see McCune get some reps at DE where IMO he is better than at MLB - but i wouldn't be surprised to see him the starting MLB for the season; Mann and Owens as every-down go to like receivers in this Argo offence - i expected - and hope it works out. I'll bet McCune and Mann (if healthy) both play - there shouldn't be any big CFL "ratio problem" to have them both in and they are veterans who the coaching staff will have faith in.

Didn't see much of the subbing on D that Jones showed a lot with his Stamps' D - saw Matt Black in a few plays though; Foley as the main NI on D (though he was out later in the game - not sure who subbed for him in terms of playing another NI on D? - maybe that was when Black was in?); and then 5 NI O-Linemen + Duire = would make for the 7 NI starters. Jones does have a whole pile of ex-NFLers to work with on this Argo D - similar to what he often had with the Stamps' D.

Going to be a huge challenge against the Stamps offence i believe; Cornish is around 10x better than the mediocre Hugh Charles the Esks trotted out at RB and Tate is easily better than Jyles IMO; the Argos D did face a solid O-Line and receiving corps vs. the Esks and the Stamps' groups are good there too. Argo D did not surrender a lot of points and need to maintain this to have much hope against the Stamps i think - maybe home field advantage helps too.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 07-03-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    TC so your not a Ticat fan? I think with tc everyone would think your a Hamilton fan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Sorry - didn't see that "great" game by McCune, but yeah he was in on some tackles; but he is familiar with Jones and going to be favored over Pottinger; Mann will be favored over Watt too - and as for Mann's career stats - he's played lots in the CFL and had tons of passes thrown his way and not put together even close to an excellent CFL receiving season IMO - he has dropped lots of passes though.

Rather see McCune get some reps at DE where IMO he is better than at MLB - but i wouldn't be surprised to see him the starting MLB for the season; Mann and Owens as every-down go to like receivers in this Argo offence - i expected - and hope it works out. I'll bet McCune and Mann (if healthy) both play - there shouldn't be any big CFL "ratio problem" to have them both in and they are veterans who the coaching staff will have faith in.

Didn't see much of the subbing on D that Jones showed a lot with his Stamps' D - saw Matt Black in a few plays though; Foley as the main NI on D (though he was out later in the game - not sure who subbed for him in terms of playing another NI on D? - maybe that was when Black was in?); and then 5 NI O-Linemen + Duire = would make for the 7 NI starters. Jones does have a whole pile of ex-NFLers to work with on this Argo D - similar to what he often had with the Stamps' D. Going to be a huge challenge against the Stamps D i believe; Cornish is around 10x better than the mediocre Hugh Charles the Esks trotted out at RB and Tate is easily better than Jyles IMO; the Argos D did face a solid O-Line and receiving corps vs. the Esks and the Stamps' groups are good there too. Argo D did not surrender a lot of points and need to maintain this to have much hope against the Stamps i think - maybe home field advantage helps too.
    Can you explain why Watt started and played the entire game on Saturday, OV? The Argos did not have to start an eighth Canadian but did.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Can you explain why Watt started and played the entire game on Saturday, OV? The Argos did not have to start an eighth Canadian but did.
    Because Mann was injured and unable to play maybe? - if they're both healthy and in the line-up, do you really believe this coaching staff is going to have an import as the back-up to a NI ??? - unless a "ratio problem" forces it? I guess Mann or Inman could be a DI and sub for each other, and the Argos could still "start" both Durie and Watt in their 5 pack - i'll believe that when i see it though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Because Mann was injured and unable to play maybe? - if they're both healthy and in the line-up, do you really believe this coaching staff is going to have an import as the back-up to a NI ??? - unless a "ratio problem" forces it? I guess Mann or Inman could be a DI and sub for each other, and the Argos could still "start" both Durie and Watt in their 5 pack - i'll believe that when i see it though.
    Watt will be the starter. Milanovich likes him and his speed a lot. My guess is Inman will be a DI for insurance in case Mann goes down.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Having made the trip over to Canada for the summer and staying with family in Brampton I will be bussing it into TO for this one!

I last went to a game back in 2010 (a win vs. Winnepeg) - how early would you guys recommend getting to the stadium before kickoff to make my way comfortably to my seat and enjoy any pre-game activities? Will it be any different considering it's opening weekend?

Can't explain how excited I am to see the Argos in person once again - I just hope my record at the games extends to 2-0!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Watt will be the starter. Milanovich likes him and his speed a lot. My guess is Inman will be a DI for insurance in case Mann goes down.
    After seeing that just one superb catch by Inman - this guy should be playing IMO - over both Watt & Mann

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    After seeing that just one superb catch by Inman - this guy should be playing IMO - over both Watt & Mann
    He may turn out to be a stud receiver, but c'mon OV. You've watched enough CFL over the years to know that 1 catch (or game for that matter) doesn't equate to earning a starting spot. I remember Brian Bedford having an awesome game for the Argos in his CFL debut in I believe 1989 (Hollywood Rick Johnson at QB and OBIE had it in for DK Smith). He turned out to be nothing to write home about. I get that you don't like Mann, but he's obviously done some things right to stay in this league. Yes he has dropped some balls (so has Andy Fantuz), but maybe he doesn't blow any assignments, including when it comes time to clear for an underneath route. Maybe he's a very coachable player and a good example. There are a lot of intangibles that we likely have no clue about when coaches make their decisions on personnel.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    He may turn out to be a stud receiver, but c'mon OV. You've watched enough CFL over the years to know that 1 catch (or game for that matter) doesn't equate to earning a starting spot. I remember Brian Bedford having an awesome game for the Argos in his CFL debut in I believe 1989 (Hollywood Rick Johnson at QB and OBIE had it in for DK Smith). He turned out to be nothing to write home about. I get that you don't like Mann, but he's obviously done some things right to stay in this league. Yes he has dropped some balls (so has Andy Fantuz), but maybe he doesn't blow any assignments, including when it comes time to clear for an underneath route. Maybe he's a very coachable player and a good example. There are a lot of intangibles that we likely have no clue about when coaches make their decisions on personnel.

Yeah - you're right and i have to agree i guess; but still - that was a superb, beautiful catch and maybe a sign of what the guy can do - when he starts dropping passes, I'll be calling for others to get a shot to play instead.

And yep - Fantuz had some drops problems early in his career; Chris Bauman got labelled a bust for a couple of glaring drops early in his career; heard bad things about Bradwell and Watt for some drops as young Argos too. But Mann dropped more passes when he was a go to guy for the Esks a few years back than all of those guys combined probably (don't have any drops stats to prove it though), but he still seems to get handed starting CFL receiver gigs - this i don't get.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 07-03-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Yeah - you're right and i have to agree i guess; but still - that was a superb, beautiful catch and maybe a sign of what the guy can do - when he starts dropping passes, I'll be calling for others to get a shot to play instead.

And yep - Fantuz had some drops problems early in his career; Chris Bauman got labelled a bust for a couple of glaring drops early in his career; heard bad things about Bradwell and Watt for some drops as young Argos too. But Mann dropped more passes when he was a go to guy for the Esks a few years back than all of those guys combined probably (don't have any drops stats to prove it though), but he still seems to get handed starting CFL receiver gigs - this i don't get.
    Are you not thinking about Kelly Campbell instead, OV? I really don't remember Mann having an inordinate number of drops in Edmonton but my memory may not be very accurate. I do recall Campbell having some problems with key drops which may have, in part, ended his career.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    For the record, McCune led the team with 7 tackles, and I thought he looked better as the game went on (as did the defense in general).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Are you not thinking about Kelly Campbell instead, OV? I really don't remember Mann having an inordinate number of drops in Edmonton but my memory may not be very accurate. I do recall Campbell having some problems with key drops which may have, in part, ended his career.
    Campbell definitely had a problem with some blatant drops in Edmonton. From what I remember, Mann's biggest problem has been injuries.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Nope - not at all; though Campbell had some drops problems too.

The CFL doesn't keep drops stats - though i have seen some un-official type drops stats in the NFL (over-rated ego head Terrel Owens led the NFL in that category one season); i could be wrong about Mann and that season with the Esks - maybe it was just a couple of glaring ones - but i think a tale of the tape review of that season would prove me quite right = numerous/blatant.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 07-04-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    jrt5555 I hope you bring them luck as this will be a tough one. Calgary looked great last week killing Montreal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
    Having made the trip over to Canada for the summer and staying with family in Brampton I will be bussing it into TO for this one!

I last went to a game back in 2010 (a win vs. Winnepeg) - how early would you guys recommend getting to the stadium before kickoff to make my way comfortably to my seat and enjoy any pre-game activities? Will it be any different considering it's opening weekend?

Can't explain how excited I am to see the Argos in person once again - I just hope my record at the games extends to 2-0!

Hi, jrt55555 !

Since no one else has bothered to hazard a response, I will respectfully suggest that you arrive at games at least three days in advance; time enough to settle in, do a little pike fishing in the Harbour, get a few drinks in ya, snatch some local Canadian Beaver (they're everywhere), tackle a Black Bear or two (they've been spotted in Markham, just north of the city), go for a flight in a Lancaster Bomber (in Hamilton, Ontario, 45 min. away), make yer own home-grown perogies (or have the frozen ones from Edmonton we all eat here), stir up a bit of ruckus, and generally enjoy yourself.

Cheers !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
    ........................ - how early would you guys recommend getting to the stadium before kickoff to make my way comfortably to my seat and enjoy any pre-game activities? Will it be any different considering it's opening weekend?

"...............Can't explain how excited I am to see the Argos in person once again - I just hope my record at the games extends to 2-0!
    Good question. Has anyone heard if there will be more extensive celebrations around the dome for this game?

For the 2-0 record....... We're depending on you JRT !